Nightblogging Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Saro, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

For all your nightblogging needs.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Crossposting from the river thread, too lazy to quote

Because I think, manipulation is like lubricant. It makes things work, and, depending on the material also superficially adhere
    Honesty, in comparison, is like magnets. You can also move shit around, and some stuff gets repelled, but if it sticks, it sticks
    And lies are sort of glibbery and when they explode they make a mess all over the place and no one is ok

• Informative x 4
    • Agree x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Quoting myself over here because this was certainly nightblogging

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. winterykite

To the tune of Marina and the Diamonds - Savages

Underneath it all, we're just cabbages
    Hidden behind firs, mice, and radishes
    How can we expect anything at all?
    We're just lettuce monsters, learning how to brawl

Nightblogging because that came up last night while I was trying to fall asleep and I just remembered it.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Nightbloggy thought at midday: can you be a hermit if you're married

• Agree x 3
  7. boop

boop beepbeep

as long as you dont live with your spouse yes

• Informative x 3
  8. winterykite

You can have separate rooms tho. Or hide out in your office/workshop.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

It’s not technically night but I’m about to sleep, and all I can think is, why didn’t Ariel just write her name for Prince Eric? It’s not like she doesn’t know how, she wrote it on Ursula’s contract. I guess you could argue that sea dwellers don’t actually use the same language despite movie conventions, but then how do she and all her acquatic friends understand human talking so easily?

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  10. winterykite

Fact: There are the two standard run-of-the mill sexes, and there's intersex
    Fact: Triple X, Single X (those have proper names but I can't be assed to look them up rn), and Androgen shenaniganry exists
    Theory: Transgender happens when the androgen shenaniganry hits either brain or body, but not the other one. Maybe there's not enough androgen to go around either way, or there's actually two switches and one didn't flip. Or flipped but shouldn't have.

• Like x 1
  11. Birdy

Birdy so long

my pet theory has always been that trans people are chimeras and different cell populations in the brain as opposed to elsewhere cause the body/self-perception mismatch

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

I always believed that hormone disturbances in the womb caused the body to develop in a way where the “map” of your body is (in the case of a trans man) masculinized and kind of Booted to react to testosterone and expect different body parts which is why a significant percentage of trans ppl experience phantom limbs and dysphoria etc

Like accidentally installing windows on a macbook
    The theory that the mind has a mental map of the body that can be fuckened in the womb also validates the existance of people with BIID by suggesting that their limbs werent properly “indexed” by the map in the womb and are therefore perceived as foregein by the mind while still not being self cannibalised/being an actual foregein body

I’m sorry I’m rlly sleepy i just find Trans Biology facinating

Oooop thats probably a confusing explanation i promise ive read studies n done thought into this my words are just wording badly rn

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  13. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

if i ever make an artblog, i’m gonna call it decearing eggplant

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  14. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Shit. I meant to post this in Random Stuff That Makes You Laugh.

I guess that's ironically appropriate?

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  16. Verily

It's getting on towards 2:00 am. Am I still dancing to electronic music involving trumpets in spite of the sleep meds or because of them?

Maybe the night before New Year's Eve wasn't the best time to try to get to bed at a more normal hour.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 1
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

That stupid tide pods forbidden fruit meme has me imagining adam and eve chunching down on some of those things, only to learn what laundry is and therefore clothes and their lack of said articles.

• Winner x 11
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

My current million-dollar idea: footie pajamas with hoods and/or kigurumi with feets.

• Agree x 5
  19. Verily

Mr. Sandman is lowkey playing in my head and I suddenly have questions. Of all the mythical beings you could ask for help with your love life, why would you ask the Sandman? Surely there must be better options.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  20. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

See, now I want to write a thing where the Sandman is both the most logical and safest option for help. All the entities are dicks or have crazy costs/require you to sign up for their religion/whatever

and maybe meeting in dreams is safer because family/political climate, or there's a distance that can't entirely be bridged by communications technology- infrastructure has gone to shit and you need to know they're ok, even in a dream.

I haven't slept in two days it makes sense to me

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice