No Fighting In The Tumblr Room - Tumblr.txt 4th Thread Derail

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Snitchanon, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

2. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

if it were just something like "hey, i would really appreciate it if you let me have this because it's really important to me even it might seem trivial." then it would be something i'd understand. i'm sure snitch wouldn't have minded moving the thread over if that were the case. but that's not how any of this went down. you immediately jumped on snitch as if they committed some heinous crime, when they couldn't have known that anyone considered this so important. i'm much less comfortable with the threat of suicide being held over our heads over this.

• Agree x 9
  3. Gyro Zeppeli

but like seriously if someone is iminently suicidal over this they need like, actual immediate help, not people to switch what tumblr discourse thread they use

• Agree x 9
  4. i don't see why, if fixing the trivial issue causes them to stop being suicidal, we shouldn't just fix the trivial issue.

• Agree x 1
  5. versi2

versi2 ???????

because... then they're holding themself hostage to get what they want? which is... bad? and unhealthy?

• Agree x 4
  6. Gyro Zeppeli

making decisions based on what people threaten suicide over is bad and also doesnt actually address the problem

• Agree x 7
  7. (oh, if anyone's using the blue theme, i've been posting screenshots of the PM with palindromordnilap for a while now)

8. Gyro Zeppeli

even if its legitimate, making decisions based on what people threaten suicide over is bad

• Agree x 6
  9. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

i don't think you're faking feeling suicidal over this. i just don't think it makes what you're doing any less messed up.

• Agree x 8
  10. wait, what did i do? or palind for that matter.

11. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

1) declaring a thing that has just kinda been done to be an Established Rule
    2) claiming the suicidal person gets what they want by default

12. Gyro Zeppeli

willsmith.png

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. 1) it is an established rule, i'm 100% sure everyone who wasn't a mod was waiting for page 1,000, and other people have agreed with me or palind about this (for example, nick. you know, seebs's son.)
    2) wait, wait. you don't get to simultaneously go "this is a tiny inconsequential thing that doesn't matter to anyone except them" and "we shouldn't give them what they want because they're upset".

• Agree x 1
  14. versi2

versi2 ???????

I wasn't waiting for page 1000 and didn't really care, other than wondering if the titles would start changing again now that there was an active op...

• Agree x 5
  15. Gyro Zeppeli

you actually can simultaneously do both of those

it's objectively inconsequential, and also a bad idea to do

• Agree x 3
  16. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Hey, instead of fighting over this right now, maybe it would be better to just go do something else for an hour or two instead, maybe watch a video or something and come back with a clearer head.

• Agree x 2
  17. versi2

versi2 ???????

I'm not mad, for what it's worth, just baffled and kind of worried

• Agree x 3
  18. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

Out of curiosity, what if two people had been similarly set on starting the new thread?

Should we indulge one and leave the other to cruel fate?

• Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  19. Gyro Zeppeli

yeah pretty much, its a thread, some are more popular than others. that's life.

20. Gyro Zeppeli

like i think you are legitimately vastly overestimating the amount most people care about this if that comes off as some kind of conundrum to you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice