No Fighting In The Tumblr Room - Tumblr.txt 4th Thread Derail

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Snitchanon, Oct 24, 2018.

1. versi2

versi2 ???????

I did speak pretty vaguely there, so I guess I see why you might have said that, so sorry for that

2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

While I can get being upset by a tradition having been not followed, I'm really not sure threatening suicide and holding oneself hostage is like

a reasonable response

at all

• Agree x 11
  3. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

I get to make the first tumblr discorse thread and you all have to use it or I’ll get suicidal” is not a reasonable request.

• Agree x 5
  4. versi2

versi2 ???????

no????

• Informative x 1
  5. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

Did you miss the part where I explicitly used Camelcase as an example?

6. evilas

@camelcase, I don't think that's being reasonable either. That's unhealthy and I can see why Vez is arguing with you on that front.

• Agree x 1
  7. Aondeug

Given that I have BPD and I feel tempted to do this shit like 24/7 and don't fucking do this shit like 24/7

I'd really rather not acquiesce to a demand that is just going to encourage the behavior. I'm not really sure what to do, but acquiescing to BPD demands for shit due to suicide attempts doesn't help and in fact just keeps abuse cycles going.

I'm really not sure what the fuck to do in this circumstance beyond have someone talk to them privately and make sure they know they aren't alone.

• Agree x 13
  8. evilas

let's take it from the top. Alix aside, Who here agrees that Snitch breaking tradition and making the new thread before was a fuckup, and that it's understandable for someone to feel shitty about it?

• Agree x 4
  9. oh, question: if she said exactly the same thing but without bringing up being suicidal about it, just it being really upsetting and unfair, would you consider it a reasonable request?

• Agree x 1
  10. Aondeug

From a forum cultural tradition standpoint I can at least understand why people feel that way.

• Agree x 2
  11. Gyro Zeppeli

I understand why someone would feel that way, while also thinking Snitch did nothing wrong.

• Agree x 8
  12. versi2

versi2 ???????

so long as everyone who wanted a chance also got one

• Agree x 3
  13. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

@camelcaseCognomen I don't think @palindromordnilap is trying to manipulate people.
    this comes off as very manipulative. I don't think you intended to come off as manipulative, but your posts are reading that way. I think this might be a discussion better had in the meta forums. We haven't really had this happen before, and it might be better to discuss our approach to this in a different thread.

Please stop. While I understand that @palindromordnilap 's feelings on this, the way you're posting can very easily be read as manipulative, and I don't think that that is your intention.

I'm going to reiterate my previous suggestion, it might be best if we all took a break for an hour or two and came back to this discussion in a different thread with cooler heads.

A maybe helpull link to the happy spam thread.

• Agree x 5
  14. Gyro Zeppeli

There's nothing stopping them from making a tumblr discourse thread of their own and people choosing to use it if they want. This one is only "official" because people are choosing to use it and there was no alternative at the time.

15. i'm told their thread has already been made, but is stuck in post mod.

16. evilas

Vivec, I know you don't share the same views as people who are obsessed with small shit like this, but could you at least respect them?

• Agree x 3
  17. evilas

...idea: We all agree to stop this one early. Page 100. That way we can have a clean and proper race?

• Like x 3
  18. Gyro Zeppeli

Cool, people can use it if/when it gets approved, if they choose to.

No, actually, I'm not willing to respect things I consider inherently unreasonable.

19. Gyro Zeppeli

If you want to make a split-off after page 100, you're free to. I won't use it.

20. evilas

Yeah see that's fucked up imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice