No Fighting In The Tumblr Room - Tumblr.txt 4th Thread Derail

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Snitchanon, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

You're welcome to think so.

2. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

dude, this is vivec you’re talking about. think about who exactly you’re asking this of

• Agree x 3
  3. Gyro Zeppeli

When you're right, you're right.

• Informative x 1
  4. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

No but seriously, the current system is Objectively Bad and Wrong if we're dealing with people who feel strongly about it.

If there's N>1 people who are going to be upset at not being the new-thread-starter, then there's >= 1 people that are going to be upset, every time.

The rule therefore needs to be changed to allow multiple people to start their own threads whenever they like, so that nobody has to be left out in the cold.

If someone wants to make a case for why only they should be accommodated, and nobody else, I'd like to hear it.

5. Gyro Zeppeli

There's not actually a rule against that, we have substantively similar threads coexisting at the same time pretty frequently.

6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I don't think the problem was that someone didn't get to make the thread, the problem was a breach of tradition. I don't think anything was meant by it, but I can see why it's upsetting.

• Agree x 2
  7. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

No, there's a difference. If the thread is started by someone, then the others will see themselves as Fair Losers in a fun game. If the thread is cheated out of the race, then the others will see themselves as Wronged Possible-Winners.

• Agree x 3
  8. as was said before: it won't work, everyone will just stick to the most active thread, and the others will be completely abandoned. see, again, the shitposting rave.

• Agree x 3
  9. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

Rule as in forum-cultural-tradition, as per the context from way upthread where I was quoting :)

10. versi2

versi2 ???????

All new threads are equally illegitimate because the old thread hasn't hit 1000 yet

• Agree x 4
  11. Gyro Zeppeli

Not sure if it's really that much of a de-facto rule if half the people involved don't give a shit about it.

• Agree x 3
  12. evilas

Seconding Vez on this

• Agree x 2
  13. versi2

versi2 ???????

Petition to unlock the old thread when the mods wake up, and ban any mods from starting the next thread to promote fair play

• Agree x 1
  14. Gyro Zeppeli

15. versi2

versi2 ???????

You can of course, continue to post in this thread on your lonesome if you like :)

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. Gyro Zeppeli

Yeah, I'll stick to the one that isn't founded on like, manipulative suicide threats.

17. upload_2018-10-25_9-51-50.png

18. evilas

Mods can check the timestamp and be fair arbiters

19. versi2

versi2 ???????

Honestly, palindrone, with how many people are igorning you it would probably never work out anyway.

Amending petition: Neither snitchanon nor palindromordnilap are allowed to start the new thread

• Winner x 2
  20. ... actually, you know what? if we do that, i'll be participating on behalf of palindromordnilap, and if i win, i'll redirect people to her thread and ask for mine to be locked.

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice