no such thing as too many threads: fandom screech edition

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Artemis, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Sometimes I worry my fanfics are A W F U L but then sometimes I think about the fact that only a small handful of my own favourites are reallly REALLY well-written on a technical level and its the atory and characters I care more about, so maybe I am using the wrong metrics on myself

• Like x 1
  2. Artemis

Mercy/Sombra

Can you uninvite me
    So I can crash your party
    Cause I know that you want me
    But I don’t like it easy

//

I’ll never be your angel
    But you don’t want no halo
    So you can try to lay low

3. Artemis

(Do I have OTPs? Absolutely. Am I also a wild fan of multishipping possibilities? Also absolutely.)

• Winner x 1
  4. Artemis

A song for Victoria Chase

5. Artemis

fanfic writers are the backbone of our society

• Agree x 2
  6. Artemis

-watches part of spop s4-

-has su dream-

Oh okay

(@Acey part of it involved needing to tunnel into a wall and while Pearl was considering how Amethyst just juggernauted in a straight line until hitting lava and I feel like u would appreciate how on brand this is)

• Winner x 1
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

i feel like this has happened during at least one mission

at LEAST one

• Agree x 1
  8. Artemis

Catra x Mae Borowski adorable terrible cat gal pals 4 lyfe

9. Artemis

• Witnessed x 2
  10. Artemis

I 100% planned to actually do fic and then i wanted music so now i'm down an infinite hole of finding Just The Right Song and i will never escape

• Witnessed x 1
  11. Artemis

-listens to The Path soundtrack-

i wish i could make let's plays becaus eno one's ever done the slow, philosophical, in-depth play of The Path that my soul needs

• Like x 2
  12. Artemis

celestials au she-ra is just a hot take on my ancient fic idea no one's heard of, the sacrifice au life is strange, in this essay i will--

I don't actually think celestials is a ripoff of sacrifice lmao theres millions of people in the world writing angels/demons type fanfics i am hardly 100% unique ok
    its just a bum reminder that if i could draw my ideas would get way more attention even as scribbles or sketches than my scraps of notes get for my writing
    which isnt to say i begrudge artists attention, if anything visual artists deserve more recognition than they receive, but it would be a lie to say i wish i could get that much attention even u kno
    anyway let me tell you about my AU post-rooftop in which max fails to save kate marsh or chloe price initially, and they return as a guardian angel and a demon who made a deal with th edevil to come back, respectively, and rachel amber is a lost soul ghost and the prescotts are literally more evil than they appear and jefferson is also a lesser demon and--

• Witnessed x 1
  13. Artemis

Moira's hands are a strange dichotomy, like the rest of her; the left rests, warm and gentle, atop Angela's shoulder, just on the edge of her shirt, enough to feel the heat radiating against her already flushed skin where the side of a finger grazes her neck; the right is cold and sharp, deformed nail gripping with a vise-like surety into her cheeks, the the dry skin of her palm covering Angela's mouth from making any sound.

She stares with wide-eyed confusion-hope-fear over Moira's shoulder as the tall woman leans down slowly, her back a graceful arc compared to the sharp movements she often throws around to express herself. Tufts of auburn hair tickle inside her ear as Moira takes a slow breath in before she whispers, "Please," and a lilted whisper never sounded so desperate and so commanding at the same time.

Angela shivers, or maybe shudders, and tries not to think about the differentiation of the two and what they might mean, other than that Moira has her pressed tight to a wall and won't let her speak and is pleading with her for something, and she's close close close so close she can smell her, not her breath but *her* beneath the layers of antiseptic and bleach and formalin and antiperspirant and tobacco and whiskey.

When she doesn't say anything, Moira leans away, just enough to tilt her head to match the subtle slant of her eyebrow, and studies Angela's face from the near distance.
    "If I take my hand away..." she trails off in prompting, but the unfinished question sounds more threatening than reluctant when coming from the imposing woman. Angela blinks, than shakes her head, or approximates shaking her head, and the movement must be conveyed well enough despite being trapped since the hand -- cold, unnatural, completely Moira -- is lifted. Instead of pulling away completely however, that ruined hand reaches up, nails grazing her hairline before sliding along her scalp, threading long fingers through the blonde locks with surprising softness until it reaches the hairband and pushes it off in a fluid motion.

Moira smirks. "Good girl." And Angela's frozen heart flutters wildly to life at the condescending praise and the smug certainty that exemplifies Moira and she's too caught up in that to realize what it means when Moira leans back in and ducks her head under Angela's chin until it's too late, and Moira's lips are pressed to her neck as the hand on the other side slides down flat over her collarbone and oh. Oh!

This time the airy gasp in her throat can't be stopped, not without Moira's hand gone, no longer keeping her quiet, and Moira's lips are still on her when she rumbles a throaty chuckle at Angela's weakness. Her mind reels. Moira's kissing her, Moira's hands, Moira's lips, Moira's mouth and tongue sealed on her pulse with slowly increasing commitment as she stays there and doesn't stop her.

14. Artemis

In the sense of stuff like that I write a SHIT TON of fanfic but as far as... completed scenes or stories or anything I write so little. and none of it gets published because like, that's just a purely self-indulgent scenario I enjoy imagining, there's not even a premise in this instance, it Just Is

so I don't bother sharing them

that was one thing about tumblr was I felt like it was a comfortable place to throw my snippets and unfinished ideas into the ether instead of the COMMITMENT I feel like I need to have a proper piece on ao3

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice