noise attenuating earplugs: has anyone tried them

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by devils-avocado, Jan 30, 2022.

1. devils-avocado

devils-avocado tired and gay

I've always had trouble living with other people (and in general) because of sensory overload, but music only increases the sensory overload, and conventional earplugs cut off enough ambient sound that it weirds me out and is unpleasant in its own way. has anyone tried one of the many online-only products popping up out there? have you tried multiple ones?? looking for advice on relative comfort, sturdiness, noise reducing properties, price, etc. etc.

2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I've tried out the Calmer ones by Flare - I really like the effect, it helps a lot with general sound sensitivity and with sound-sensitive migraines. I think they're really comfortable, but I did finally realize that I'd stopped wearing them regularly bc I had to keep pushing them back into my ears. I suspect that their smaller size version (that they didn't have when I bought mine!) might fit better, but I keep putting off ordering the smaller ones bc they're just expensive enough that I keep having other things I need to spend the money on.

• Like x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Sorry for the way late answer but I have these, and they work well for surrounding noise blockage without immediate noise blockage like someone talking to you. Kinda makes immediate stuff sound like you have a paper cup over your ear though. I use mine at work for when public works are doing lawn maintenance, idiots are honking at the courthouse next door, and the trains. For anectdata they cover the train horn and clicky clack but not the hum of a Big Thing Going By Very Fast

Edit:wrong link, fixed

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    • Like x 1
  4. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i have eardial brand ones and i love them, they come in a nifty little keychain case too which means i always have them with me which has saved my ass on numerous occasions

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice