Not sure where else to put this.

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by local troublemaker, Feb 6, 2017.

1. local troublemaker

local troublemaker professional tumblrina

Jesus fucking christ. Please quit acting as if I've tried to shut down any and all discussion and refused to engage with anyone at all because I said I am not interested in talking to you.

• Like x 3
  2. local troublemaker

I physically can't read huge wordy blocks of text, but shhh, that doesn't count, I'm actually just faking that because I hate discussion. /sarcasm

• Like x 4
  3. Ana Nimus

Ana Nimus Well-Known Member

2014-09-19-1062sea.png
    seebs.jpg

• Like x 4
  4. Zibanu

Zibanu Well-Known Member

"I hate nothing more than when people assume things about my words and intentions"
    "Hey I'm going to assume the worst possible interpretation of what you've said here"
    (Sorry tell me if you want me to fuck off. On McElroy related stuff I've been listening through Rose Buddies and Griffin and Rachel are absolutely adorable)

• Like x 3
  5. Ana Nimus

Ana Nimus Well-Known Member

maybe if everyone else understood the thing and you're the only one who didn't, its a You problem and you should just apologize and adjust in the future

dat framing tho. way to make it sound like its all the other people's fault and like you're not even trying to communicate with them

• Like x 4
  6. local troublemaker

Holy FUCK this just made my day (also you don't need to fuck off, no worries)

You don't need to fuck off, don't worry.
    Also, I haven't listened to Rose Buddies yet! I wanna get caught up on TAZ first, but I will listen eventually.

• Like x 1
  7. local troublemaker

What if there was a seebs.txt thread. What If

(Am not genuinely advising that there should be a seebs.txt thread)

• Like x 4
  8. local troublemaker

@Saro This is belated, but I wanted to tell you that I initially thought your icon was Taako from TAZ and I still don't know what it is but it's cool.

• Like x 1
  9. local troublemaker

summer-books_2015_hyperbole-and-a-half_comic-2_800px_v1.jpg

• Like x 2
  10. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

11. local troublemaker

@IvyLB absolutely not you.

Edit: For the record, though, I am in awe of your persistence and ability to communicate well in the face of pigheadedness.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like x 1
  12. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

thank for reassurance, my brain is being a dick :')

13. local troublemaker

No worries!

14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it (and I want to draw him with a similar expression)

She's Marcille, an elf mage from a manga about cooking the monsters in an RPG-style dungeon called Dungeon Meshi! She makes fun faces.

• Like x 2
  15. local troublemaker

Nice! Thanks for the info, and RIP my brain that now automatically parses anything that looks vaguely "elf wizard" as Taako.

16. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Unrelated but this is basically me (not wrt anything on the forum)

• Like x 1
  17. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

couple additional thoughts on cmomunity-level bad patterns of behavior:
    - attempts to hold serious conversations about or criticisms of community patterns of behavior get derailed by admins (like happened here) and/or wanking about the Number One Rule of "No Rules" -- even (or maybe especially) if nobody was ever discussing the creation of formal rules
    - focus on tumblr as The Enemy prevents serious examination of our own shit, not only because "they deserve it" but also because they're a convenient example/scapegoat of "worse than we are" to distract from any problems we have (without any sort of impact from them)
    this
    is a good post unpacking that dynamic between two other communities.

• Like x 12
  18. local troublemaker

Agreed @ all of the above (low on spoons, didn't read the linked post, but will try to do so later.)

19. local troublemaker

Not-fully-formed thought: the feeling of us vs. them (Kintsugi vs. Tumblr) is pretty deeply ingrained in the community and shows up a lot casually with terms like "tumblr logic" "tumblrized" "tumblrites/tumblrinas" "tumblr behavior" etc. which is used to automatically shut down behavior/conversation that strays too far from baseline kintsugi and to strengthen the us vs. them mentality.

And then Seebs has the gall to get pissy at me for using "Kintsugi" or "site culture" to refer to anything here when I see a damn sight more diversity in opinions on Tumblr than I do here.

• Like x 7
  20. Zibanu

Zibanu Well-Known Member

I'd like to comment on this specifically bc I remember someone in the suicide baiting thread (honestly don't remember who and like fuck am I backreading that, sorry) who said something like "I don't understand how this is a question for anyone but the admins?" No rules has....appeal, yes, although I would point out that places like 4chan are no rules. I don't think level of ruledness has a direct correlation with toxicity of community. But if a communities admin is going to take a deliberately hands off approach then any community I know will step in to come up with social protocols just to ensure ease of communication of disagreements and wrongs. I don't know how people expect that to not happen here. I don't know what people expect to happen instead. Every proposal on community level guidelines comes with "but that will hurt me instead of you!", every proposal on site level guidelines gets met with "no rules!" and I don't think this model is healthy or sustainable.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice