NSFW RP: consent, minors, and other boundaries

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

We're talking about the boundaries of sex/not sex re: known minors though.

• Agree x 1
  2. Petra

Petra space case

Kay. It'd be helpful if you could go through some questions to answer them later, at least.

3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Not being able to know if someone is or is not a minor is still a problem, and if even fade to black is no longer ok, or appearantly any relationship that has even entirely unwritten sex in it, then this will become a major problem so I don´t think you can blame us for being pretty concerned and upset.

• Agree x 2
  4. Beldaran

I apologize, I was referring back to the proposed list of things I made that would include "fade to black" sex as sex re: don't do this with known underage people.

I'm not seeing a prohibition against relationships at all, though I I think everyone is a bit frazzled. I may have misunderstood something?

5. Petra

Petra space case

So two characters in a relationship without even fade to black scenes but with it being clear they are having sex sometimes is a 'big yikes'.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    • Agree x 2
  6. Beldaran

@Petra keltka needed to tap out, could you please not ping them? There is a guide to removing pings from quotes that I can link if you need.

7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Keltka has said as much, broken quote because they tapped out and i don´t want to ping them:
    And I still disagree on your definition of fade to black as being sex because I see it the way PR does: They might as well be eating icecream.
    In fact your definition upsets me so much because the entire PUROSE of a fade to black in my eyes is so there there is no sexual involvement, so just deicding clearly is just the same as writing as sex scene is pretty not ok with me.

• Agree x 5
  8. Petra

Petra space case

Kay, I think I removed the ping but idk if that'll help much now.

9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

would it be an acceptable strategy if like
    RPs started actually tagging their thread(s) with content warnings? A la AO3? Because what I'm seeing (eta: read 'reading between the lines') is like 'A minor accidentally stumbled upon age-gap-with-legal-minor-involved content in an otherwise innocuous RP thread! Sudden distress!' which like super sucks, no doubt about that but uh. I'm really super not about content policing so at most i'd be willing to get into a tagging system thing?

• Agree x 6
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Clarification: Basically saying fade to black is the same as a sex scene is telling us "This tool you use to give people maximum freedom of play as well as comfort doesn´t matter and has never mattered because its still sex"

• Agree x 3
  11. Beldaran

I would like to be clear that my opinion on what fade-to-black "is" isn't necessarily going to be enforced. That's why we're having a conversation about it. If my opinion doesn't change (which it probably won't) that doesn't mean that restrictions will be made around it. We want things to work as best as possible for everyone, including both minors and over age rp'ers, not just one person.

This discussion is helpful, thank you everyone for participating.

• Like x 4
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Seen, please be aware I probably won´t be entirely able to stop myself from still pushing against it because you Are a mod, so someone with some ability to form policy, and it´s an issue I have a strong opinion on. (In case you somehow failed to notice. /joke)

13. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

The former, or at least, that is how they understood it. I don't think rules were really being proposed at the time?

14. Beldaran

So that we don't lose sight of the forest;

It seems like people are generally okay with the idea of a nsfw subforum so far (much like Bottom Serkit but for rp) and with the addition of a nsfw tag (like the vent tag). There are some reservations about what is included where, which we're having an ongoing discussion about.

Does that seem accurate? Are there objections to the subforum/tag existing? If so I'd like to encourage people to voice them as they feel comfortable either here or over pm's/in the Howling Void so that they can be posted anonymously with permission.

(I don't think all the people who might want to participate have gotten a chance to yet, so this discussion is very much ongoing.)

• Agree x 3
  15. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

fade to black is not sex, it just implies that sex is happening. sex that isn't played out, and that no one actually knows the details of.

• Agree x 3
  16. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

So as far as I can tell, the only example we have is some controversy about spiky cat dicks five months ago.

Unless someone comes forward with a bit more, my inclination is to label this whole thing as a moral panic and toss it in the "Sounds Like a Personal Problem To Me" drawer.

• Agree x 4
  17. Beldaran

Just because you barely mod and no one comes to you with issues doesn't mean they aren't happening. Let the discussion continue.

• Agree x 1
  18. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Present the evidence.

• Winner x 1
  19. Beldaran

Oh yeah, I'll just pull private shit from the Howling Void and private messages I don't have permission to share, shall I?

Can we please not do this here, God's sake.

• Agree x 3
  20. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I just got done setting up an aggregate tag/CWs post for the Dramatis Transformae subforum which I would recommend for all the big subforum-having-RPs at least just to minimize unfortunate collateral!

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice