[nWoD] Hex, the beta adventure!

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by HEX NPC, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Major General Armstrong

Major General Armstrong the Northern Wall

Olivier- perhaps fortunately, as she's seen and had bones broken by a few too many not-quite-human monsters recently to respond well to this conversation before she's got her bearings- wakes up on the other side of the lawn. Less fortunately, she's lying on her right arm. It's causing no small amount of pain, though that only shows in a soft groan on waking and in how gingerly she pushes herself up off the ground with the other arm.

She scans the area. This is definitely not where she last remembers being. So she calls out "You! Where is this?" to the nearest waking people she sees.

2. Norm the Genie

Norm the Genie The All-Powerful Genie (Thief of Breath)|18+

"We don't know either!" Norm shouted back.

• Like x 2
  3. Major General Armstrong

Olivier finally gets to her feet and approaches the conversation, authority still in every part of her stride despite the sling and the bits of dewy grass and leaf now sticking to her. "Someone must," she says, her voice quieting a little as she nears them.

Then she gets a good look at @Katters. Her eyes narrow- homunculus?- and she stops coming closer, but other than that she shows no signs of hostility. This isn't Briggs, where she was in a position to demand explanations. Wherever she is now, it's a place for watching carefully before acting.

4. Norm the Genie

"Well, nobody I've talked to so far does," Norm replied. "And since you might've missed it, there's an invisible person here too. Be careful and don't step on them." He gestured towards where he thought Nat was.

5. Katters

Katters Has never made a candle

No one else knows where they are, either.
    “Hmm. It's an epidemic.”
    And now the other lawn people are talking about genies and invisible persons, and one of them is giving her a very odd look. Never seen a ket before, Katters guesses, but in all honesty she thinks an invisible person is much more interesting than she is. Although, she supposes it is very difficult to give invisible people odd looks.
    This is too much to deal with at once. She still thinks the matter of their — of her — location is the most pressing. She stands and scans the area for other, non-lawn-people. “Maybe a native can give us some answers,” she says.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    • Like x 1
  6. Norm the Genie

Norm nodded. "Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's find a native."

7. Major General Armstrong

Invisible.

With everything that's happened since the Elric boys blundered into her fort, should Olivier really be surprised by that? Because she is, a little. Assuming it's even true and this... individual... isn't simply insane, which she's not ruling out until she's heard from this invisible person.

Still, there are priorities, and they're not wrong about where to look for answers. "We should find someone in charge," she adds, and turns to walk toward whatever visible building looks most official.

8. Nat Richards

Nat Richards Aisling; currently only visible in WT

"Woah, wait, don't step on me," Nat says, scrambling out of the way.

9. Major General Armstrong

WELL THEN.

Olivier recovers quickly, though, and regards the... well... most recent location of the sound. If these strange people are also looking for answers, it's probably worthwhile to at least know who it is that might be on side. "What's your name."

It's not quite a question rather than an order, but she's trying. A little.

10. Nat Richards

"Nat. Nat Richards. I'm sorry, I should have said something oh gods are you military." She scrambles to her feet just in case.

11. Katters

Ah, hell, this person's going to dig up a cop or something.
    Ah, hell, this person is a cop or something. Katters thought she smelled authority on her.

• Like x 1
  12. Major General Armstrong

"You're not Amestrian, are you?" Now Olivier sounds mildly amused- not that civilians would be expected to recognize her personally, but usually the uniform would be something of a giveaway in terms of occupation. "Major-General Armstrong. I can't say I'm pleased to meet any of you under the circumstances."

13. Nat Richards

"I don't know what Amestrian is. Um. You're clearly not happy with whatever's going on here, but none of the rest of us are either." Please don't hurt us.

14. HEX NPC

HEX NPC And now you're here.

There's a golf cart with the college's emblem on it driving around some distance beyond the tree. The driver is in some kind of uniform, probably campus security. He's going to turn between the buildings soon, but the cart isn't that much faster than walking - a sprint would probably enable you to catch up with him.

15. Norm the Genie

Norm decided to let Nat keep thinking he was unhappy with this turn of events, since he didn't think she needed to know that he'd been freed by appearing there and he figured that being happy with what happened, unlike everyone else, would alienate him from the group. Which wasn't something he wanted to happen.

He spotted the golf cart, and said to the others, "I don't think of us really belong here so... we probably should skedaddle away from the campus security, yeah? 'Cause they might not like us being here. Or maybe they won't care 'cause we're not doing anything. I dunno."

16. Katters

“Campus security?” Katters follows Norm’s eyeline. “What can they do to us? Tell us to leave? Whatever. Let’s go ask ‘em where we are, I bet they know.”
    She steps over the fence and jogs to catch up with the golf cart.

17. Norm the Genie

Norm followed her, floating over the fence. She did make a good point, he had to admit that.

18. Major General Armstrong

Olivier isn't even surprised anymore by things like floating men, just makes a mental note of it. The vehicle is worth looking into, so she also starts moving in its direction, but rather than start jogging she calls out to get it to stop: "YOU!"

It's not the same "you!" she addressed to the others. That one was imperious, but downright friendly by comparison. After all, official-looking people in the place she's apparently been abducted to are enemies until she finds a reason to consider them otherwise.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  19. HEX NPC

HEX NPC And now you're here.

The guard looks up at the approach of Katters and Norm, halting the cart's progress as they race to catch up. Up close, he has a pretty generic face under his SECURITY cap, with dark hair and a little bit of stubble. The only notable thing about him is a slight scar that cuts a hairless line through one of his eyebrows. He's got a bluetooth device in one ear to serve as a radio. A nametag on his shirt declares his name to be Michael, though there's a sticky note attached below it that reads call me Mike in slightly scribbly handwriting.

He's about to say something when Olivier yells, and his eyes go slightly wide. He looks over in that direction, then glances back at Norm and Katters with a 'what is up with that lady' kind of expression. If he finds anything odd about Katters' animal features or Norm's floating, he doesn't show it. "What is it?" His tone is mostly friendly.

20. Katters

Katters smiles, returning the guard's friendliness. "My friends and I are a little lost," she says. "Can you tell me where we are?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice