o/

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by anthers, Jun 15, 2017.

1. anthers

anthers sleepy

hi, i'm anthers

i'm a cis female intersex person, also bisexual

i'm neurodivergent, i have severe generalized anxiety, i'm on the autism spectrum, and I suffer from NEADs, or non-epileptic attack disorder, which is a fun thing where my body responds to extreme stress with a form of disassociation where i look like i'm seizing even though there's no electric discharge. i also have run of the mill panic attacks too.

i study plants at uni which is where the name comes from, and i tell really shitty puns

and that's about it.

• Like x 3
  2. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Hi there! Welcome to Kintsugi!

3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Hi!
    I´m not a plant nerd but I know we have some. As for shitty puns, you´re in good compunny

• Agree x 1
  4. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

yes, shitty puns are my specialty

• Agree x 1
  5. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

6. anthers

anthers sleepy

guy walks into a bar, there's a few pieces of meat hanging from the ceiling. he goes up to the bartender. "What's up with the meat on your ceiling?" he asks.

the bartender smiles and says "House bet. If anyone can jump up from the floor and touch the meat, they get free drinks for the week. BUT, if they miss, they buy everyone drinks for the week. Wanna try it?"

the guy considers.

"no thanks. I think the steaks are too high."

</end example>

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Hey! What about plants do you study? I'm a biosci grad student (mostly doing metagenomics, hmu if you wanna know about microbes) so I like hearing about other people's research!

My favorite bad pun: "They say all sheep are alike, but actually they have mutton in common."

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. anthers

anthers sleepy

I'm a major in sustainable landscape horticulture with a focus towards ecological pest management, so taking care of home and garden plant pests, landscape, etc. by using biological controls like milky spore or neem oil or even insect predators as opposed to chemical pesticides. It's really interesting because it overlaps with my interests in entomology and because my whole immediate family either works in sustainabilty- related fields or did, but I don't have the brains to be a electrical engineer building wind turbines or a nuclear energy economist like my father and mother. Gardening is just about my speed.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  9. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Hey there! Welcome to the forums!

10. anthers

anthers sleepy

the guinea pig you have as an avatar looks like a brown and white version of my boy and it makes me happy. :>

• Winner x 1
  11. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

12. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Hey, welcome! :D Bad puns...you're gonna fit in real well here, haha. (I fucking love bad puns, they give me life.)

13. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Hi!!! I'm an environmental science major and I love plants!

• Winner x 1
  14. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

so if we have questions about plants, you have anthers?

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice