Odd question, but what is average crying frequency?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by BlackholeKG, Mar 9, 2016.

1. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

Cried again yesterday. Also screamed at a random extended family member and flipped her off and told her, among other things, that her mother (who had just died and that family member was there for the funeral) didn't really love her.

You guys really have no idea how awful I truly am.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I tend to cry at character death in fiction like, 90% of the time, if it has any emotional quality (the first time I experience it at least, repeat viewings/readings depend on how well it's written and things)
    in social experiences I cry from usually two things; being incredibly embarassed by something (not very common anymore, used to do it a lot as a kid though) and being sincerely complimented in a way that's important to me.. that's really what makes me cry the most often, after fictional emotional scenes.
    Like... I nearly cried yesterday when my sister told me I did really well and put a ton of effort in this term to succeed. I cried a lot when my roommate told me I'd been working super hard this term and deserved better grades than what my teacher was giving me. If people sincerely think I'm a good and successful person I just. I can't. tears happen.

3. dorkfang

dorkfang not here

I cry, like... All the time. Probably more than is healthy. I think it's probably around two or three times a week, sometimes more? Well, sometimes I can go months without crying at all, and then it's like something sets me off and I'm crying constantly again. I've legitimately cried (or at least teared up) at every single movie I've seen in the last few years. It gets embarrassing when I go to the movies with friends, I saw Deadpool for the second time last night with a friend and still cried even though I'd already seen it. I am the literal definition of a crybaby, hahaha.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice