On the General Crafting of Mines

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Astrodynamicist, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

lol okay so i started a solo game with the kintsugi pack with the plan that i'd play on hard with blood moons enabled and be all like, crazy survival farmer eking out an existence in the middle of a sea of monsters. so of course i immediately find a village and have all the food and shelter i could want. :P it spawned in a marsh(?) so everyone's houses are in the middle of water, so now my focus is fixing up Derp Venice. monster hunting survivalist farmer adventure can wait.

(sidenote - since the two minecraft threads were way too similarly named i've renamed this one from "Minecraft!" to "On the General Crafting of Mines")

• Like x 6
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

Derp Venice is the best name for those water villages :D

• Like x 4
  3. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

yo has anyone else run into their minecraft username randomly being changed out from under them? i just logged into the mojang site for the first time in ages (i had to reset my pw bc i was logging into a new mod launcher and couldn't remember what it was) and discovered it was changed. nothing else was apparently changed??? i am very angry and confused and rather concerned O_o

4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

does anyone have a good server, with like, mods and stuff? seebs's server is still down

5. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I'm currently playing with a map mod (oh gods, so needed) and Biomes O' Plenty, and besides spawning in a Mystic Grove (hot spring right next to my house more like yes, but I still need to find sheep in a place that does not necessitate me building a huge bridge across the ocean to get them back to base)...

2018-04-24_22.25.25.png
    Do you see these very angular structures? I thought "how odd" end went to check them out

2018-04-24_22.25.33.png

They're partially uncovered mines. This is so cool. I had to build a chest because my inventory was already full with new and exciting plants and shrublings though...

6. winterykite

Excavation progress
    2018-04-24_23.14.19.png

I might need to strip from the top of the mesa, but not yet. But standard mine excavation is a recipe for getting your ass lost, so I'm going to just remove everything.

Getting that shit back home is going to be fun ::/
    I'm already at 4 chests.

7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Depending on your version of Minecraft, the high-up Mesa mines and gold may actually be a vanilla feature-and you got very lucky with the mine spawning partially exposed!

Also, sheep-this is more of a Skyblock/Blightfall style thing, but if you have a lot of dirt and at least one block of grass, you could expand your island with the dirt and have it link up to the grass and have passives like sheep and cows spawning!

• Like x 1
  8. winterykite

Could be, but I only checked that place because of my map ::D

My island has some other biomes and it has cows and pigs, but no luck with sheep. Even got a village, stole some beetroot from there. No one tell the villagers >>_>>

I'm on 1.12.something.

All that gold is actually annoying me at the moment because I don't have iron tools with me and can't actually harvest it until I either find iron in a chest somewhere or in the walls. Maybe deeper?

9. winterykite

found some iron in a chest, and later some in the walls (along with ungodly amounts of sulphur, and, at the bottom of the deepest pit, salt)

2018-04-26_00.07.43.png
    A day and four and a half double chests of stuff later

• Like x 2
  10. winterykite

Started a different savefile because archipelago annoyed me. New map is patchworked because it died three times to computer crashes and I forgot to note down the seed.

[​IMG]

And I think I need to level another mountain or two, because this continues to the left as you might see from all the webs, and they go deep...

• Like x 1
  11. winterykite

Found four more mines during exploration, but I'm not going to dig those out quite yet.

Also, I think I've found the top contender for weirdest fucking place to find an underwater monument: right in a desert biome.

2018-05-27_17.18.36.png
    2018-05-27_17.18.57.png
    There was a massive sand overhang I had great fun collapsing with a single, well-placed torch, and why I looked down and then on the map in the first place, because the pattern was just so godsdamn ridiculous.

• Like x 1
  12. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

oooh can i have that seed? eta: also what are you using to get that lovely map??? is it a mod?

13. winterykite

Seed is -1660649583
    I'm not sure how the Biomes O' Plenty mod affects that, though.
    The map is from Xaero's World Map mod.

eta: appears to be linked to biomes o' plenty map gen.

eta2: i recreated a creative world with that seed and this appears to be the result of a very strange chunk error (world was fragged twice due to my computer crashing) as it doesnt spawn that way in the recreated world. sorry ::/

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice