One thousand talking cats: Warrior Cats Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by theambernerd, Jun 13, 2016.

1. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

leafpool mightve tried to stay in the medicine den w squirrelfight at all times like IN PRIVATE MEDICINE CAT AND PREGNANT QUEEN ONLY

but yeah that made no sense cats have kits all the time so everyone would know what it looked like and leafpool was carrying THREE (admittedly small) cats inside of her body like
    :/

• Like x 1
  2. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

Mmmmaybe? I know Yellowfang's wasn't Noticeable for a while...
    MAN IUNNO FCKN HELL PEOPLE NEED TO COME UP WITH BETTER PLOTLINES.

• Like x 1
  3. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

yeah but even with Yellowfang it was like, a noticed thing eventually, I think?
    AAAAAAAAAARGH.

4. electroTelegram

there are real life stories of like people not knowing they were pregnant until they started going into labor and parents not oticing their pregnant teens but it's always like o.O

HOW

5. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Funnily enough, none of this came as a surprise to me at all because we'd been theorizing all of in in the fandom ever since Sunset, the last book in The New Prophecy came out. I'm on mobile rn tho so detailed explanation will come later

• Like x 1
  6. chaoticArbiter

....whispers
    what

7. electroTelegram

*waits with bated breath*

8. keltka

WAIT WASN'T THERE THAT THING WITH THE FOXTRAP AND HAWKFROST AND BRAMBLECLAW AND FIRESTAR???
    and there was the implication that Someone Had Helped Hawkfrost!!!

• Like x 2
  9. chaoticArbiter

.....what

10. theambernerd

Yes exactly! Hawkfrost implied before his death that he had help in ThunderClan to set up Firestar getting caught in the fox trap- and it was Birchpaw, Ashfur's apprentice, that reported the incident to Brambleclaw. Since Birchpaw was uh. a sweet little apprentice, and it was mentioned that Ashfur was surly and refusing to even talk to Squirrelflight after she rejected him (squirrelflight wishing they could still be friends) it was natural to assume that Ashfur set the thing up and used his apprentice as the innocent to bait Brambleclaw into the situation

• Like x 2
  11. keltka

so brambs and hawkieboy had been meeting up and shit (in dream land, with tigerasshat), but then they decided to meet up IRL a couple of times because they were Bros (literally)

and then hawkfrost wanted our boy brambs to Prove His Loyalty To The Family and help him murder firestar who was like
    caught in a fuckin' foxtrap because
    it was a literal trap
    and then someone ~mysteriously~ hinted (I think it was hawkbutt) that SOMEONE HAD HELPED HIM LURE FIRESTAR THERE!!!!!!

• Like x 1
  12. chaoticArbiter

oh.
    damn, I missed that hint.

13. theambernerd

Granted it's the Erins' Bad Writing that led that plot point to never be brought back to light, lol. But yeah after there was the implication of inside help everyone's theorizing pointed to Ashfur (or, if they decided to plot twist, maybe Birchpaw)

As for Leafpool; it was mentioned in Sunset "Leaf-fall was unusually plentiful and all the cats were well-fed, even the usually slender Leafpool had grown quite plump". So possible reasons the Clan didn't suspect Leafpool being pregnant is because the whole clan was in an usual time of prosperity and everyone was getting a bit fat; winter was just about there so no one blames them for wanting to store some fat, and medicine cat is a less athletic profession than others :P it is also mentioned that she took an herb to keep her milk from coming. She left the camp, with squirrelflight, for her kitting, so it was easy enough to do the swap. Cats did notice a bit that squirrelflight's pregnancy was unusual- her milk never came (I know one of the other queens- I think Ferncloud or Daisy, was a surrogate mom) and Squirrelflight returned to warrior duties while her kits were still fairly young. It's a bit of a stretch of a con, yeah, but they did try to justify and explain a lot of it in canon. Leafpool's Wish, a novella, deals with the timeframe of leafpool's pregnancy and her asking squirrelflight to help, which might have more details on that bit.

But yeah, as a forum, ever since at the latest the first book of The Power of Three, at least half the fandom was convinced they were leafpool's kits. Saying squirrelflight's milk never came, on top of the color of Hollyleaf and the mention of leafpool specifically growing plump, it was hinted at pretty consistently

• Like x 2
  14. theambernerd

As far as Ashfur goes, there was definitely his harsh treatment of Lionblaze as his apprentice (I remember he legitimately clawed him once- and one time they did 'training fighting' when Lionblaze was a new warrior where it mentioned that it seemed like ashfur practically forgot the battle wasn't supposed to be a real battle), and I think??? I remember a few times was mentioned as either cold to the three or squirrelflight in the power of three

• Like x 2
  15. theambernerd

Also: in canon technically no one noticed Yellowfang was pregnant at the time except her and the other medicine cat, she took parsley to hold back her milk as well and went off into the woods to give birth as well, dropped brokenkit off as a mysterious kit that's raggedstar's but the mom cant take care of them here lizardtail take her.
    No one ever found out afterwards except for brokenstar when he was dying and firestar I think

• Like x 1
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh my god did they really name a cat broken

17. theambernerd

He was born with a broken tail! so yellowfang named him Brokenkit after that (and secretly because of her torn feelings about her kits and such) and his warrior name was Brokentail after it.
    Sorta like how Tallstar's warrior name was Talltail but because we didn't have context everyone thought he was super tall. nope. just got a long tail
    or well. Crookedstar was actually named after a jaw injury he got as a kit. He was born Stormkit but after his accident renamed Crookedkit and eventually became Crookedjaw

• Like x 2
  18. electroTelegram

AHH I WISH I HAD BEEN aware of fandom back when i first read the books :(

i wanna do a reread someday but the sheer length of the series is intimidating

• Like x 1
  19. theambernerd

It was a pretty fun time in the fandom- four or five times a website hosted a livechat between users and the authors- i never got to participate, just read the transcript of them afterwards cause the site had a $5 fee to get an account and i was too awkward to ask my parents to let me get an account
    also i went to a signing back when vicky did tours in the US!! So like all of my first and second series books are signed :3 and my copy of The Rise of Scourge cause I cosplayed Scourge to the signing >w<;;

as for feeling overwhelmed..... yeah, there are a lot..
    at least there's a heck of a lot that isn't necessary to read? and there's really no right order.. Like, you could totally just read Dawn of the Clans with no problem without any other context, a lot of the prequel-themed super editions don't require any more context than knowing how the Clans work- they do have some spoilers for the first series but i assume you've read that series :P

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  20. chaoticArbiter

I am kinda :excalibur: about any instance where a cat is named after/has their name changed for an injury they get.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice