One thousand talking cats: Warrior Cats Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by theambernerd, Jun 13, 2016.

1. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

DEAR FUCKING GOD THAT WOULD BE GLORIOUS
    I CAN ALREADY SEE SOME OF THE BLOCKING HOLY fUCK

AND WHAT IF YOU INTERSPERSED IT WITH SOME OF THE STUFF FROM ALDERHEART'S STUFF AND BRAMBLESTAR'S STORM

D U D E.

• Like x 1
  2. keltka

okay but if they HAVE to do the Medicine Cat Does A Wrong thing again
    can it be a fckn MALE medicine cat
    I have had it up to here with it only being the ladies getting into The Shit :|

• Like x 3
  3. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Starclan save me from the Clear Sky discourse on my DOTC MAP @.@

• Like x 1
  4. baskerville

baskerville Well-Known Member

looking at the wiki was nostalgia cranked up to 11. they... really haven't changed some of the sprites, have they

i looked at spoilers for the final book in omens and i am really sad sorreltail died, even though it's been years since i've read the books and have no idea what she has ever done, ever.

is it worth getting into again? i also never read the new prophecy series, only the original, power of three, and up to sign of the moon.

5. keltka

Pffft yeah, pretty much all the sprites are the same as they've been for ages

Hrmmm
    I mean it's really up to you, I kind of like the way they're weaving certain threads back into the "main" plot line!

6. baskerville

the sprite they use for the place of no star cats is so... off-putting though... POOR MAPLESHADE she doesn't look quite right in it.

has the writing matured? not to be like "i only want to read good Adult TM books," not to mention warriors is intended for kids, but like. is the material interesting and has it improved over the years?

7. theambernerd

I would highly recommend reading The New Prophecy! Obviously you know the basics of what happened from reading Power of Three but I thought the first three books especially were compelling, interesting reads.

I'm not terribly fond of PoT of OotS but if you really want to read the latest series I'd say you should at least spoiler yourself for them so you know the plot

I highly recommend the fifth series, Dawn of the Clans, as well! I found it really interesting and while it has its faults i'd also say it has some of the most interesting and mature character development of the warriors series so far! You don't need any more context than what you have to read it, since it's a prequel series
    yes and no? I don't think the writing matured at all through what you haven't read of OotS, but I would say that it took a step up in character in Dawn of the Clans (but it still falls to some shortfalls- they still struggle to write a realistic romance and fridging characters is still a problem) and I'd say it really has taken a step up in the sixth series that's going on!! It's been super compelling for me to read and i'm honestly like, actually impatient for the next release, which i don't think i ever really was reading omen of the stars :P

• Like x 2
  8. baskerville

it's been awhile! and i'm actually a huge fan of journey books, so that's like, the main critique down, heh.

i actually never found a problem with killing the characters so often: cats unfortunately don't live that long, and if they didn't continue doing so the clans would be huge. some of the minor characters, its like "meh," but i never found emotionless to be a problem w/ how their scenes were handled. unless you mean fridge fridge, and i never noticed more female characters were getting killed off than male ones?

hmm. i remember that omens seemed a bit better than the rest, so i think i'll give it a shot! my local library probably has them. i know i was impatient for omens, but life stuff came up and i eventually stopped reading. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. theambernerd

sweet! if that's the case you will probably like continuing the series- the newest series and super edition have some excellent journeying!!

Yeah, I think fridging happened in the fifth series more than any other; three girlfriends of two main characters get canned in the first 3 or 4 books, when not tooo many other characters are dying. buuut idk i feel like it worked out alright, just a lot of people did complain about it :P

but yeah! if you like omen of the stars, which im pretty sure most people view as the low point in warriors, you'll probably continue to enjoy the books!
    i wish i could lend my extensive collection to everyone ;o; //owns almost every single book

10. keltka

QUIET SCREECHY NOISES.

APPARENTLY DUSTPELT IS FERNCLOUD'S UNCLE.
    WTF.
    W H Y WARRIORS W H Y.

11. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

????? what
    so like
    Dustpelt
    is Ferncloud's uncle
    but then he also fell super in love with her
    and then they had kids.
    ????????????????????????

12. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

13. keltka

SO IS WARRIORS PROBLEMATIC TOO NOW. WTF. I REGRET EVER LOOKING AT FAMILY TREES.

but. yes. ok. so.

dustpelt's sister was brindleface
    and brindleface had ashfur and ferncloud
    dear god

14. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

15. theambernerd

yeah all the characters that were alive in into the wilds' family trees were made up in retcon and not super well planned out

luckily incest doesnt bother my brain

16. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

is dusty still alive? isn't he super old cat by now

17. theambernerd

He's dead! Graystripe is the last character in Thunderclan from the beginning of the series that's still alive

• Like x 1
  18. keltka

I thhhhink one or two of the kits that were around at that time might still be alive
    but because they were Shit at giving out kit-names, it's hard to tell @_@

19. theambernerd

I guess Brackenfur was theoretically born, but that'd be it; Thornclaw & Brightheart probably weren't born yet. I meant sorta like; cats listed in alliegances, they didn't keep track of kits at that stage :P

• Like x 1
  20. keltka

man :( that's really really sad aaaa. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice