One thousand talking cats: Warrior Cats Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by theambernerd, Jun 13, 2016.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

...and every time I see your name I think of [​IMG]

Well, technically called Raising Heart, but subs called it Raging Heart for a while.

• Like x 1
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I went too long buying every one and now it's gotten to collector level

3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

@peripheral which ones have you read? I have all of them up through the end of power of three

4. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

That's the problem I've read all those.
    Including the one off big books and the field guide things.

//rolls around in rediscovered fandom

• Like x 2
  5. theambernerd

.w. Who's ur fav cat n what clan do u belong to?

6. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Lol, that's just a weird coincidence I guess! I don't actually have any idea what that even is, let alone what show it's from |P I just picked the name because the cat I was playing had Anger Issues
    (he was already an adult when he joined the clan)
    (he also sort of half-picked his own name)
    (that doesn't make it any less ridiculous in hindsight tho)

SPEAKING OF, THOUGH.
    For those of you that roleplayed, what were some of your more ridiculous cat names/concepts? :'D

7. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

idk about ridiculous CATS, but we also flarped big cats. think it was leopards or tigers or something. imagine slight sparkle tigers. living in a rainforest. spending a lot of time in the water because we were flarping in a pool.

mertigers.

• Like x 1
  8. theambernerd

Random fun fact; the title of this thread isn't hyperbole, there are now over a thousand named characters in the warriors series
    One of my friends is trying to Draw Em All:
    http://warriorsproject.tumblr.com

• Like x 3
  9. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

when i was in elementary school i had a very extensive and self indulgent warrior cats au where every character was, in some way, a mary sue self insert character. i still remember it. oh god.

10. theambernerd

We all had those times, no shame.

My self-insert OC was in love with Scourge man.
    He killed her parents but he's emo and angsty and she could ~change~ him

• Like x 1
  11. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

• Like x 2
  12. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

ohhhh man okay hi friends I was so into Warriors as a smol (and a not-so-smol)
    my Warriors OC was Sparkleaf, and she was a ThunderClan cat, just your average warrior cat, with orange fur and green eyes
    my actual Clan is WindClan

• Like x 2
  13. theambernerd

ahhh man I've used that flash game so much! It's got such a nice variety and was the resource that finally clued me in that not all tabbies are mackerel tabbies and i should probably put some variety in my cat drawings >w<

also hhh since I released my completed warriors MAP video it's gotten like 30k views and I've gotten up to 1,200 subscribers and so. many. small children. I've gotten to the point where I'm in a position to moderate an actual, active comments section on a youtube video and I can see why so many people just don't read the comments on their videos ever

• Like x 4
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i made my irl cat with the game, am impressed at how close to accurate i could get:

bombi ref.png

edit: for reference, actual pic of my cat

tiny bombi sit.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    • Like x 2
  15. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

@Deresto THAT'S SO PRETTY YOUR CAT IS SO PRETTY

• Like x 1
  16. theambernerd

Mm I should remake my OCs there. I have Soot's usual coloring but not his alt.
    Haven't drawn soot much at all lately. I should fix this, he's still my favorite fluff.

17. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

So I was super into these books when I was younger (I followed them up through the third series), and I've been thinking of rereading them (and probably reading the newer ones) to help me get back in the habit of reading regularly. I kind of want to do a drinking game/running tally with a few things as I read, just for fun, but since it's been a while I'm blanking on things to include, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has suggestions. :D?

Things I have so far: deaths (especially violent ones), ~forbidden romances~, antagonists who are more interesting than Tigerstar, and random continuity errors. I'm also going to try to actually make a list of everything cited as the warrior code, in an attempt to see if it's possible to come up with an actual consistent list of tenets.

• Like x 1
  18. theambernerd

The guide book Code of the Clans has a canonized version of the warrior code, with origin stories for all of the rules, but you can certainly make your own list and see how they line up xD I wouldn't be surprised if there were some continuity errors there as well (and code of the clans is one of the few books i actually havent read the entirety of..)

I'd definitely add typos- especially accidentally calling cats the wrong name (like -paw after they already have a warrior name, or i know one time greypaw is called grewpaw)
    every time spottedleaf visits someone in a dream
    every time thornclaw goes on a patrol (its become.. something of an in-joke that thornclaw is the most looked over consistent thunderclan character, all he ever does is go on patrols)

finish a bottle of alcohol of choice when rowanclaw randomly changes gender in the allegiances

ETA: also uh. u should totally liveblog it .3. i always like having more ppl to talk to about warriors!! :'3 and i can recc different MAPs when you get past relevant parts in the books, for ones that revolve around specific events at least
    and if you have questions about reading orders, I can tell you more about chronological order/contents of any/all books!!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • Like x 4
  19. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

Messing up warrior names is a good idea; I'll add that with my continuity errors. And maybe I'll do the other ones too; I'll wait until I actually have to deal with the characters in question to decide, I think.

Eheh, honestly I'd love to liveblog them, so the interest is encouraging. >_> (Maybe I'll finally get around to making a liveblog tumblr for this, since I feel bad about spamming my followers with that stuff...) I'm planning to read in release order, so I think I'm okay, but I'll ask if I have any questions!

• Like x 2
  20. theambernerd

Awesome!! Definitely link if you make a liveblog tumblr, also feel free to liveblog here, not like this thread has ongoing conversations you'd interrupt cx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice