One thousand talking cats: Warrior Cats Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by theambernerd, Jun 13, 2016.

1. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

In the forum I was in (on Neopets), while we were admittedly more focused on RP, I remember that most of the group was absolutely bonkers over Ravenpaw and Barley pretty much right from the beginning, lol. I think I remember somebody being super upset over Graystripe's eventual love interest because they shipped Fire/Gray so hard

• Like x 2
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

There's not a huge amount of material the books straight up hand to you, though, like, Tigerstar and Darkstripe's evil leader and eager, easily dismissed, probably pretty badly mistreated st times lackey dynamic is definitely my flavor

one a lot of other people have enjoyed, and tbh i like its flavor too, is Hawkfrost/Ivypool, since hawkfrost sorta.. honestly grooms her into coming with him into the dark forest and hawk has this good manipulative dynamic on her

tumblr warriors fandom can pin anything as problematic though- i've seen people complain that barleyxraven is too great an age difference and yell at people for shipping second cousins
    hence i don't really talk about ships in the fandom spaces

• Like x 1
  3. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

yeah that makes sense :(

i can get behind p much any ship, in my main fandom i dont know a ship i wouldn't read fic about.

4. raginghearts

man this is making me super nostalgic for the RP forum I was part of
    We had such weirdass ships
    like, between our own characters, not just in canon
    tumblr would've flipped its shit over some of the stuff we did

• Like x 1
  5. theambernerd

Oh absolutely, old warriors fandom was wild for a while
    like, the 'omg we can ship dude cats with dude cats' realization for the Warriors Wish forum was in like.. guh, 2006 or 2007? i was 11 or 12 at the time, just discovering that gays exist

but when I got to be like, 13-15 and everyone was discovering that calling things smexeh was funny?
    aaaall the Hawkfrost is the Sexiest Cat Ever jokes (because he pins cats down a lot in the books- heehee), crack shipping anyone galore (ScourgexSandstorm was a /popular/ ship for a while, I got a small following to ship Clawface/Spottedleaf with me), and of course, the infamous Jayfeather/Stick

• Like x 2
  6. electroTelegram

... is stick a character or do mean an actual stick

either way i love it

7. raginghearts

An actual stick.
    ... God I don't even remember the context for it, but I remember the ship

• Like x 1
  8. theambernerd

An actual stick. The stick actually represents like , a spiritual link to the ancestors in Jayfeather's past because it was used by one of their spiritual(?) leaders as a marker of the cats completing their adulthood ceremony thing, so he uses it to talk to one of the ancient cats' spirits, but, like,,
    he just. like. sits around with it sometimes. nuzzles it. one time he had a freak out because it washed into the lake and he had to get another cat to swim out and fetch it for him.
    he loves that stick so much

• Like x 5
  9. theambernerd

• Like x 1
  10. electroTelegram

11. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I'm sure 11-year-old me would have been really excited about that. They spent hours searching if there was one in the works.

12. theambernerd

Right! I remember there were rumors in like 2009 or something that didn't go anywhere, I didn't think this would happen

• Like x 1
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

This feels very much like it might go the way of the last airbender movie. I hope im wrong.

• Like x 2
  14. electroTelegram

i always wanted an animated movie in the style of like, older disney. cell shading and whatnot

i hope they won't do the new-ish overtly cartoony style animation

• Like x 2
  15. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I've seen someone joke that the best option is a live-action movie with trained actual cats.

• Like x 4
  16. theambernerd

I would want it ideally in something like a watership down style or the style they went for with the gahoole movie; I think the more serious theme lends to more naturalistic design; a traditional Disney style is too.. Jarring. Like how Felidae's tone vs style can be sorta jarring
    That or like, a really stylized design, idk tho

• Like x 4
  17. raginghearts

I'm skeptical on whether or not this is actually going to HAPPEN, and even more skeptical on whether or not it's going to be GOOD... but man. I'm still gonna watch the hell out of it when/if it comes out.

• Like x 3
  18. theambernerd

by the way, thinking of this I dragged up an old alliegances list I made based off of what facts we get from Yellowfang's Secret to get an alliegances of Shadowclan just a bit before Brokenstar gained power (so, like, a few moons before into the wild, I'd say, maybe as much as half a year but I wouldn't say any more than that)
    Shadowclan had 23 warriors...
    soo. Yeah. That's tbh probably just continuity problems, since most the clans had that approximate volume by the time that book was written and all the clans start smaller in the first series and just grow, but it's funny to think that bluestar's freaking out about numbers because oh my god, shadowclan has 23 warriors and we have 8, wtf

• Like x 1
  19. theambernerd

HI SO I JUST FINISHED THE NEWEST WARRIORS BOOK AND I KNOW LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE WHO'S ACTUALLY CAUGHT UP TO THE BOOKS AND I NEED TO SCREAM SOMEWHERE SO I'LL SCREAM HERE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT WAS SO GOOD AND SO FUCKING TRAGIC AND IM DYIN TO SEE THESE SAD CLANS BE HAPPY AGAIN ALKJDFALKSD ;A; FUCKKKK
    I NEED THE NEXT BOOK. I NEED IT. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO COME OUT IN FOUR MONTHS THAT IS WAY TOO LONG. COME HERE MY WAYWARD BOOK

• Like x 1
  20. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

DUDE DUDE DUDE I AM CAUGHT UP HAVE YOU ALSO READ THE HAWKWING BOOK

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice