One thousand talking cats: Warrior Cats Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by theambernerd, Jun 13, 2016.

1. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

At least I think I'm caught up??? I finished Thunder and Shadow (I think that's the second in the Alder[redacted] Does Shit series)

2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

YES I JUST FINISHED IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OH MY GOD LOSING YOUR HOME STORIES PAIN ME SO MUCH AND THIS IS LIKE, THE MOST DEATH IN A WARRIORS BOOK SO FAR I THINK. HOLY CRAP I DONT THINK I EVER ACTUALLY CRIED BUT I FEEL EXHAUSTED. I JUST WANT HAWKWING TO FIND HIS KIDS AND SKYCLAN TO SETTLE DOWN IN THE WOODS BEHIND THUNDERCLAN AND SHADOWCLAN AND I WANT ROWANSTAR TO HAVE HIS TERRITORY BACK AND EVERYBODY TO BE HAPPY ;A;
    LEAFSTAR AND BRAMBLESTAR WILL BE SUCH BROS.
    I JUST NEED THE CATS TO BE HAPPY. PLZ

• Like x 1
  3. theambernerd

yes Thunder and Shadow is the most recent main series book!!! The next one comes out april 11th

• Like x 1
  4. keltka

HELL YES THEN I'M UP TO DATE YOU'RE UP TO DATE LET'S SCREECH ABOUT WARRIORS!!!!!!

RIGHT THOUGH HOLY FUCK!!!
    I mean I think it's like...the most death sans Sweeping Sickness or Multi-Clan Battle??? Like I'm p sure we've had MASSIVE death tolls but like, this is a RIDIC amount, what the hell
    AND YEAH LEGIT.
    I really want the rogues to Fuck Off although admittedly like??? I'm really upset that the Shadowclan apprentices turned out to be such bitches???
    ALSO DUDE I'M SO WORRIED SHITS GONNA HAPPEN TO PEBBLESTAR
    ALSO I WAS THEORIZING THAT VIOLETPAW AND TWIGPAW WERE PEBBLESHINE'S KITS BUT OBVI COLOR GENETICS MAKE THAT IMPOSSIBLE :(

5. theambernerd

WE'RE DOIN THIS
    seriously like. it was such a good flow too of showing the hope and despair circles this poor fucking clan has gone through, i'm just relived that it's still like. a small clan, i was so worried it would end with like, hawkwing alone trying to find the clans or something ;A; i hope we see cherrytail again too tho i wouldn't blame her if she decided to inherit barley's barn. holy shit barley's old!! but a barn cat does have longer life expectancy than a forest cat so it makes sense :P

fuck Darktail really needs to die now. I have never been so angry about an evil character in warriors ever before. FUK OFF M8.
    dlsakfj im pretty sure pebbleshine is dead. but man. erins dont give a single FUCK about genetics; a brown and white tabby and dark grey solid couple had a black solid, light grey tabby, and orange tabby as children. that is so many levels of impossible. I'm like 90% sure they're his kits- didn't the description echosong give of the kit she saw match violetpaw's description??
    fuckkkkk shadowclan's apprentices were ROUGH in the last book but i have ~SO MUCH THOUGHT~ as to why it makes sense
    like. rowanstar is traumatized as FUCK. I looked back and he was first mentioned in the books in Rising Storm as an apprentice- he was an apprentice in the thick of the carrionplace plague in shadowclan. he's dealt with that, and tigerstar, and the kerfluffle with Sol, and the great battle in his life. DUH he's being such a cautious leader, and of course he wouldn't let rogues into the clan, like. -gestures wildly at sol- THAT HASNT GONE WELL.
    but shadowclan was SO OLD during Bramblestar's storm- there were more elders than warriors, and most those elders are gone now and there's a TON of young cats who never saw the great battle or any of that trauma shadowclan's been through- they wanted to be in the fierce clan but they are dealing with the PTSD clan. it's a huge generational rift that has gone FUCKING CRAZY and i have allllll the sympathy for Rowanstar

i'm really annoyed my theory that alderheart would join shadowclan didnt come true (it would've been perfect!!! thunderclan doesn't need all these medicine cats!!!) but puddleshine is so sweet and tries so hard that he makes up for it. poor dude is triyng so hard ;-;

• Like x 1
  6. keltka

YEAH HOLY CRAP. I'm really sad about Cherrytail (I WAS SO HAPPY SHE WAS STILL AROUND, SHE WAS SO CUTE IN THE FIRST SUPER EDITION WITH HER) but yeah holy hell. I mean. I kind of hope she sorta takes over as the next barley? And maybe like the cats pass through her barn and get pointed in the right direction of Skyclan??? BUT YEAH SAME HOLY HELL. I don't Want it to be a Solo Kitty Journey, like HELL NAH.

dude. dude. darktail more a shit than fckn BROKENSTAR, that asshat. UGH. But yeah holy hell I want him GONE. I think the only other jerkwad I disliked as much was like. MAPLESHADE. don't like her. why'd she have to have such a pretty name what a dick.
    dude you're right about genetics though that Stresses Me Out sometimes I just. ignore coloring moSTLY NOW
    and yeah I think you're right!!! did you read the little manga bit after the book?? oh my god please tell me you did I might Cry about that.

HOLY SHIT THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. Like...it also kinda...explains onestar??? except not???? because fuck you onestar???? stop being such a jackass????
    I really wish shadowclan could like. get its shit together somehow. seriously.

Honestly, like...I was kinda hoping he would and also kinda hoping he wouldn't? Because I feel like if he did, we'd get even MORE medicine cat romance pining
    and like
    I GET why that's So Popular BUT ALSO IT FEELS KINDA F RU S T RA T IN G after literally the EIGHT THOUSANDTH time and like!!! holy hell!!!!! just let them have kits!!!!! W H Y. (well I mean I know why I read code of the clans BUT GODDAMN)
    and yesssss puddleshine's a fucking sweetheart I wanna hug him. aND I FEEL SO BAD HE WANTED TO BE A WARRIOR SO BAD.
    really upset about crowfrost too goddamn
    AND FCKN VIOLETPAW AND TWIGPAW, HELLO, MISCOMMUNICATION CENTRAL IS CALLING!!!!

7. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I think I kind of lost interest and stopped reading somewhere in the middle of the third series, did it just keep going?

8. keltka

holy hell did it ever
    third series was uhhhh
    Power of Three, right?
    So AFTER Power of Three, there was Omen of the Stars which was the generation after-ish/around Lion/Holly/Jay, THEN they did a prequel series, Dawn of the Clans, and NOW they're on A Vision of Shadows but even the people that's ABOUT is SPOILERS

also there are a shitton of like. super editions and novellas and shit??

9. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

holy shit, so many.
    infinity double mobius reacharound of angry kitties

• Like x 1
  10. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

It's like kitty Game of Thrones.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    • Like x 3
  11. theambernerd

Fuck darktail so hard. kill him dead hawkwing. do it.
    i like how hawkwing straight up killed that one alleycat when they were passing through too tho. you go dude, protect your apprentice
    oh my god the little manga thing akljsdflkajsdlf like. im so glad they're finally on the right track and will find the four clans (hopefully in the next book!!) bu ECHOSONG NO ;A; i loved her she was so chill and awesome. tho omg. Alderheart's gonna be skyclan's next medcat isnt he. callin it now. he's gonna go with twigpaw to skyclan and they're gonna FUCK DARKTAIL UP
    like. GOD i'm not looking forward to the feels skyclan goes through when they find out darktail's already destroying their new home.
    onestar is still a bit of a mystery to me. rn im thinkin like, he's just really fuckin old (like, barely younger than dead-ass firestar) and on his last life and freakin out a bit/a lot
    shadowclan better fuckin get its shit together. i bet you anything a lot of the young cats are going 'fuck we fuked up' already cause darktail's just. not fun to be around. and when darktail GETS DEAD they'll be like 'fuk sry rowanstar' and he'll be like 'DID NO ONE TELL YOU ABOUT BROKENSTAR WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU'
    kids need to learn their history lessons
    yeahhh. i mean tbh the only Medicine Cat Romance Struggle i've found interesting is Moth Flight's Vision, because that was actually interesting and made sense, which lots of later warriors romance didn't. They seem to be getting better now, but you just fuckin know tigerheart and dovewing are gonna have sekret bbies soon l:
    violetpaw is being manipulated a lot s i dont really blame her... but twigpaw needs to like. take a deep breath and grow up a bit. she's definitely made some pretty dumb kid decisions. they are in miscommunication hell. but like, shit's coming to a bit of a head already, I feel like stuff has to start turning around a bit in the next book
    or maybe they'll go completely bananas worse o w o who knowwwssss

12. theambernerd

If you're interested in picking back up without re-reading a ton, I'd recommend the fifth series! It really doesn't require any more context than what you already have and I found it to be possibly the best warriors series to date (though the new one is also turning out amazing. but also needs the context of the 3rd and 4th series which i understand people not really wanting to go through; I'm the most obsessive warriors fangirl and I hesitate on them when re-reading. there are interesting concepts in those series!!! its just. more disjointed and weird than the other ones)

• Like x 1
  13. keltka

MATH TIME :D
    so if you stopped reading, call it the EXACT middle of 3rd series
    PoT: 3 more
    OotS: 6 more
    DotC: 6 more
    AVoS: 2 more atm

SUPER EDITIONS: 9 currently
    FIELD GUIDES: 6 currently
    NOVELLAS: 9 currently
    MANGA: 13 currently
    SHORT STORIES: 4 atm
    PLAYS: 2

...yikes??

THIS IS THE BEST DESCRIPTION EVER

• Like x 1
  14. blue

blue hightown funk you up

.....PLAYS????

15. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

IT'S CATS ALL THE WAY DOWN
    and like, there's a guy at the bottom of the cat-stack
    just piling on more cats

• Like x 3
  16. blue

blue hightown funk you up

i am *literally* called blue on all my internet presences because at ten i idolized bluestar and made that my username on bby's first forum and i --- PLAYS???? HOW - DO THEY DRESS UP LIKE FURRIES?? DO THEY WEAR CAT EARS? IS IT A PUPPET SHOW??

• Like x 1
  17. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

Alright, I may try that. I think one of the reasons I lost interest with the third series is that it kind of spiraled off into spiritual nonsense after a while and I stopped caring. Also I didn't find the protagonists likeable anymore (FIRESTAR WAS THE BEST, THOUGH. FAVE 4 LYFE)

18. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

And a badger. And a stick.
    (Did you know Midnight was a guy in the French version? I might talk a bit more about this translation later because the French names are ridiculous.)

19. keltka

yeah holy hell like that was scary and impressive BUT GO HAWKWING BBY U GOT THIS SHIT
    RIGHT???? FUCKED ME THE FUCK UP. dude they'd better find the clans. honestly it's REALLY hard to tell what order to read this in??? like...the best I got is like. AVoS 1, Hawkwing Book, AVoS 2???? maybe??? WHO KNOWS!!!! but legit tho they better find them.
    DUDE THAT'D BE COOL!!! Doesn't he have skyclan blood through sandstorm??? that'd be fucking LEGIT
    (I love how firestar and sandstorm are like Legends in skyclan holy crap so cute)

RIGHT THOUGH OH MAN CAN THEY JUST DRIVE DARKTAIL OFF ALL FUCKING READY
    yeah I think onestar is on the Older Kitty Crazy Train
    why does that happen so much. guys. cmon. plenty leaders got old and didnt go cuckoo for coconuts. TALLSTAR!!! MY HERO!!!! MY PRIDE AND JOY!!! CROOKEDSTAR, THAT WONDERFUL BUCKET OF GRUMPFLUFF!!!!
    ok but honestly rowanstar has grown and matured and changed so much I wanna hug him. and he seems like he's gonna be a super forgiving leader yfeel??

yeah! dude that was some Legit Shit. I'm just kinda stressed and frustrated whenever one Starts Popping Up, like no, fuck off, done with this drama
    and I stg if tigerheart and dovewing get up to some shit after ALL the WILL THEY/WON'T THEY, then I will be PISSED
    ....yea violetpaw needs hugs and non-asshole parents like wtf wtf. agreed on twigpaw though—I feel like violetpaw grew up faster bc Less Love, but like...if one sister's not mad the other is and it sEEMS like it's gonna get SO MUCH WORSE before it gets better. it always does. it a l w a y s does with these fckn books.

20. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

are you telling me that this series has created officially-sanctioned furries

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice