OOC Deamon Stuff

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

2. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

3. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Asked on profiles thread, will ask here: I don't quite remember, do Deamons generally look like actual animals or do they sometimes veer off to the mythological side like Homestuck lusii?

4. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Normal animals, generally.

• Like x 1
  5. wes scripserat

though unsettled daemons can take the forms of mythological creatures.

• Like x 1
  6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

suggestion for the tunnel system: What if it´s a mixture of steam tunnels old subway bit maintainace tunnels for undergrounds stuff etc. that just all grew together, and no one knows for sure how far it goes or where?
    Also for settup do we all live together, or do we run into each other?

• Like x 2
  7. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

From what I've gathered, we all meet in the library after getting snowed in.

8. wes scripserat

and then shenanigans.
    how exactly does jesse end up there then?

• Like x 1
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

That´s why I was wondering if we might not all be roommates at jesses place.
    If I read the above right?

10. wes scripserat

that would be awesome.
    can that be the thing?
    @jacktrash
    can that be the thing?

11. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

haha my house isn't THAT big, we have like 3 spare rooms and they're pretty small. it's not a dorm. :D how about my house can just be the hangout the steam-tunnel insiders know about, and folks can sleep over if they're too tired/drunk/whatever to go home.

• Like x 1
  12. jacktrash

i was thinking maybe you guys get to exploring the tunnels and end up knocking on my back-back door. which is a thing that happens sometimes, and doesn't bother me; nobody with a mama grizzly daemon is scared of strangers, and the folks who wander the tunnels are often the ones most in need of a cup of joe and a listening ear.

• Like x 3
  13. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Not joining 'cause I'm not entirely familiar with the source material, but what if your place wasn't split, but the whole building as it was originally build? Still not a dorm, but allows for more people when needed

14. jacktrash

hmm! sure, for rp purposes, i could be up for that. since folks seem to really like the idea of living here. :D

it's a big old gray victorian with a screen porch, a big back yard with a dome greenhouse in it, several fireplaces (common room, dining room, and basement rec room), and eight rooms for rent, six singles and two doubles. kinda like so:

[​IMG]

laundry machines are on the honor system, drop a buck in the jar when you use them, i know the laundromat is hella overpriced but i gotta pay for water and electricity. the west end of the upstairs hallway is my private apartment, but me and bearmama are often found in the kitchen cooking way too much food, or in the common room lounging in front of the fire.

there's a big freshwater aquarium in the common room stocked with local flora and fauna, folks with freshwater aquatic daemons are welcome to use it, please don't tease crabdad the crayfish, he's cranky. there's no saltwater aquarium but the therapy pool in the dome is saltwater if someone's octopus wants a dip. :)

15. wes scripserat

where is seebs?
    is seebs here?
    I wonder what seebs' daemon would be.
    a seebs?

16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I´m in favour of the "Nerds get stuck in library by snow, find jesse´s house by way of tunnel adventure" idea as well.
    @Lazarae Most of us aren´t this is pretty much an "inspired by" situation.

• Like x 1
  17. jacktrash

of course seebs is around, because a jesse without a seebs is a very sad jesse and i don't want to rp that. but he's not much for non-dice-rolling rp, so i reckon he's generally in his office computering, or in some other way off camera.

his daemon is probably a large and dangerous-looking but lazy and playful animal of some kind. bobcat?

@seebs i think we discussed this once but i can't remember.

• Like x 3
  18. jacktrash

ok proposal: why not both?

whoever wants to be rooming in my house, i'm yer landlord. whoever wants to find my house via tunnel adventure, feel free to drop by. maybe the folks renting here don't necessarily know about the tunnel, cuz it's more fun if it's semi-secret.

• Like x 1
  19. wes scripserat

i think my character could have started renting after discovering your secret entrance to your house by accident?

• Like x 1
  20. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

By 'not familiar with' I mean 'never read the books, watched parts of the movie from an entirely different room across the house' and most of my knowledge of the 'verse is second-to-thirdhand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice