OOC Fantroll Stuff

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

What it says on the tin, discuss fantroll RP here.

2. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

I'm interested to see which iteration of the 'verse people eventually decide on. I want to play, but all my fantrolls are set up for the canon system, and SS is That Asshole who has to obsessively fine-tune things. (Well, I know from experience that if I try to wing it I eventually give up on characterisation entirely and just play as Video Game Protagonist giving whatever response gets me the best results.)

3. I like canon and most people seem to be familiar with it. Are we gonna do sessions?

Also this got suggested in a group I had to leave: one-on-one fights! Cause, yknow, trolls.

4. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

...it occurs to me that I'd really enjoy a space opera rp with adult trolls. Visit new planets! Meet new people! Nuke everything from orbit and enslave the survivors! PROFIT AND GLORY FOR THE ALTERNIAN EMPIRE.

• Like x 3
  5. bramblepatch

bramblepatch ground/water dualtype

I'd be in for either "sgrub session" or "adults IN SPACE," honestly

6. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I am fine with either of those really. My fantrolls were orignally for a Sgrub session that never got off the ground, but for the most part they can be adapted pretty easily.

7. Stophelping

Stophelping Building a house out of love

I have a few fantrolls I never got to properly use and I'm looking forward to doing something with them. I figure they can be adapted for most settings, though I never did figure out their Classpects.

Does anyone else have the problem where they keep layering stuff on a character? Just putting way too much thought into every single aspect of their build?

8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Tha´ts a problem?

Also a thought. If we do adults in Space, troll society under Condy is an oppressive dictatorship. Considering Codys love of bling, I recon that means there would be a lot of pagantry and propaganda, right?
    (I was thinking of self insert trolls, and i recon troll me miiight barely manage not be culled by becoming a stylist to highbloods for fancy showing off events)

9. Dude, I love classpects. If you'd like me to I'd love to ramble about them.

Yeah seriously I thought that was just called character development.

10. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i've been fanboying over godtierrpg a lot, they're developing a tabletop-style system for sburb/grub with rules for lands, denizens, fraymotifs, all kinds of powers, and so forth. i'd love to give it a try if people want to do sgrub.

adults in space is objectively cool, but i might personally find it confusing because we have plans to take the boat trolls there; then again, it might provide inspiration for same.

trollsonas, well, jethro from boat trolls is pretty damn close to being that, just aged down to match the other characters. :P

11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ultimately I´ll go with the majority vote. or we can do both (separately)

12. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I'd be down for S***Bs, though for fantrolls I've probably want that human-troll integration setting that was brought up? I love those, they're cool.

13. emythos

That thing looks wicked cool. It could be really interesting.
    (Oh gods, troll me would survive by doing make up, I can see it now.)

14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I...honestly find the godtierRPG system rather confusing/intimidating. I´ve never played anything but freeform play-by-post stlye. If someone were willing to give me the hand holding tutorial I might be able to play?

And trolls who meet humans in a session would be way cool. Would require a scratch though so we´d need a time player.

Edit: Have tried to read their rules and am now waaay intimidated, because i understand precisely jack and shit.

@emythos Makeupartist partners?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  15. Seconding hand-holding. I've never played DnD.

16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Edit: doublepost deleted because I am a dummy.

17. emythos

18. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I can handhold pretty well, though I'm not familiar with that system in specific. I mostly World of Darkness, these days, and its a very dice-light system since it's story focused.

19. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I've played some D&D, though I have yet to checkout godtierrpg. That could be cool, although I'd also be very into a space opera or human/troll integration 'verse.

20. Petra

Petra space case

Two of my fantrolls are for a four-person session plotted out with a friend, the third is an ex-helmsman I rp on flarping. I'd be fine with rping either Jasmet or Kumari (the first two) here, but probably not in a session!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice