OOC Sage Canyon Academy Stuff

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by kmoss, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Hm..How about a mix? teachers make sure everyone has a mentor/mentee who is supposed to but students mostly pick their own unless they ask for help. That way we leave to option of catastrophy pairings open by way of saying they slip through the cracks cause they have someone, so donĀ“t appear to require special attention.

• Like x 1
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

@Valerie Seems like a fine choice to me :P

3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Nothing, obviously.

4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

...Possibly? Might as well toss one up, and I'll probably wander over there at some point, too. I forgot that we mentioned that earlier.
    With Hogwarts - are we cool with doing this in 2015, etc?

@Valerie Ooh. Maybe it should be required to have a student mentor. Especially since the mentor's role is to show people to class and teach them how to survive at the school.

5. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're taking place concurrently.
    (also what Thing are we talking about? ono)

6. kmoss

kmoss whoops

The eldritch horror in the lake - possibly not the best mentor for school, but probably a very good one for life after school

7. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

mine wants to become friends with the headmaster so we both have sane goals.

8. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I've joined the Society for Creative Anachronism and every time I see the initials SCA in this thread I experience a moment of confusion.

9. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I keep reading it as SCP, so I get thrown off too. :D

10. Lycoris

Lycoris Ghost Child

I, ah. I'm hesitant about a dress code because of how it's, usually skewed with how it works between people with boobs and people without them. It's also a really arbitrary system, so the only consistent things I can think of are for genitals to be covered and for there not to be hateful things on them (like a t-shirt that has a confederate flag on it, or that says "shut up and make me a sandwich" or something.) That's just as arbitrary though, I don't really know what to do. / _ \;;

11. kmoss

kmoss whoops

The things I can think for dress code of is just an emphasis on professional attire during classes. Something to be fully covering your feet (unless you have some kind of medical requirement for it not to be), something covering your torso and legs for any gender. So, a blouse or a dressy shirt, trousers or skirts, something in school colors (oh shit. school colors. sage green and tan? ??), whether it be a tie, an armband, a headband.

The goal, I think, with school uniforms, is just a basic sense of uniformity. Even if you just wear the school colors.

Does that work? I definitely agree with you on the fact that the current uniform system tends to be fairly arbitrary, but I also agree that rude t-shirts should be discouraged in class.

On the other hand, I feel that on their free time, people can wear whatever they want, but there's still a strong push for wearing either school colors or dorm colors.

• Like x 3
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

You should consider this is the desert so, short sleeves and shorts should be ok? Like, those poor kids would die otherwise.

• Like x 2
  13. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Yeah, for dress code I'd say school or dorm colors, basically covering your torso and such for classes (I'd go with shorts have to be the length of the middle finger for shorts, for any gender, and possibly no tube tops?), with probably an issued uniform for special events.

14. kmoss

kmoss whoops

That is also an excellent point. Sorry, I live in the hinterlands, and I forget that other places involve actual sun. (And Moss has the slightly disturbing ability to wear cargo pants and boots in any weather.)
    Yes, short sleeves and shorts.

• Like x 1
  15. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

It's alright- I live in Cali and there's several times where it's be impossible for students at my school to stick to the dress code, and I don't even live in the south, so I'm a little sensitive to that.
    Also, I put up the Hogwarts character intro thread ouo

• Like x 1
  16. Lycoris

Lycoris Ghost Child

I'm new to everything RP but I sometimes pause and cannot function because I am overwhelmed by how much Terrance would be That Person that gets temporarily confiscated by the Eldritch Horrors in the lake, he would have so much fun. He'd probably feel a little guilty if he missed class for it ("but it's just too fun!").

• Like x 3
  17. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I am debating putting my Hogwarts character on the quidditch team. She is super sporty, and I can see her on a chaser, but on the other hand she'd get hilariously competitive and I'm not sure she'd want people to see that side of her.

Also the various Eldritch Horrors are probably the most trusted members of the faculty, at this point.

Oh, which reminds me! does SCA have house elves?

18. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Also I tossed up an RP start because why not

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    house elves
    i dooon't know...
    (I want to say no, but I think it's mostly because i hate writing them. and also i don't like their representation. and question their motives)

19. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Ok, proposal for final dorm colors?
    Eagle- Blue/White
    Coyote- Green/Gold
    Jackrabbit- Yellow/Grey
    Bear- Red/Brown
    Turtle- Teal/Silver
    Raven- Purple/Black

OR Orange and gold for coyote? Or red and gold and something else for bear and green and tan for school colors?

• Like x 1
  20. kmoss

kmoss whoops

could we have only one color for dorm colors? i think the most recent list was blue/eagle, grey/coyote, white/jackrabbit, bear/brown, turtle/green, and raven/black?
    It might just be me, but too many colors to focus on brainweirds me out a bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice