OOC Sage Canyon Academy Stuff

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by kmoss, Feb 24, 2015.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Well we're ignoring the One School For the Continent thing, and I like the idea of folding Ilvermorny into the new England prep school. Though my idea of Ilvermorny also borrows a lot from the idea of a school where all the textbooks are preapproved by the old guard purebloods who have no idea what they are talking about and have never done any primary source research into topics, and that doesn't fit with my experience of prep schools (though I admit I went to a weird one.)

2. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Yeah my idea for New England School/Ilvermorny is "was set up by colonial wizards and probably has a downright horrific history."
    I think there's a bunch of small, local schools that aren't boarding schools? And then there's five or so big boarding schools. Is SCA the oldest?
    (Also, between the boarding schools is there something like the Triwizard Tournament?)

3. KarrinBlue

...knowing new England prep schools I think some schools would explode if they had to wait YEARS to compete against other schools.

4. KarrinBlue

Actually, that might be a neat plot to do? Students from Ilvermorny and hogwarts come by to compete with the SCA kids.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    • Like x 1
  5. kmoss

kmoss whoops

so.
    many.
    pranks.

6. KarrinBlue

Yep. It's like the first day of class for newbies except for weeks, and multiplied by 10.

• Like x 1
  7. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

All of the older students hate the Ilvermorny kids with a FIERY BURNING PASSION. The Headmaster thinks it's all goodnatured fun. The newbies are just. confused.

• Like x 2
  8. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

*bumps all the HP RPs*

• Like x 1
  9. kmoss

kmoss whoops

yes
    yes, I love you for this, I'm gonna try to remember to throw something in later tonight! this has been a while

10. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

So I think we've kind of gotten done with the "getting there" phase of the story, unless there is anyone who wants to join, we could have a late bus?
    Avery and Moss have moved inside, idk what other shenanigans anyone else wants to get into. Let's explore and learn some magic and shit.

• Like x 1
  11. KarrinBlue

Hey how were dorms picked by new students again?

12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

So, rereading right now, but have not found it yet.
    I thought there was a private sorting ceremony, like, hat tells you your house, but it isn't in front of the entire school. And then you can choose one, have it solidly down on paper, but mosey around and talk to various houses, and then re-sort three years later if you desire

(also, just thinking now, if it Wasn't a Hat, but instead something weird and powerful about the room?)

...that said, if i find something that lays out the process for sure, I'll quote it here

13. kmoss

kmoss whoops

everything i could find!

Separate thing: School Coat of Arms. spin on initials SCA? all the houses? a great eldritch being erupting from a lake? I think at some point the school colors were sage green and tan
    (Ok real talk, I wanted to make tshirts on cafepress for each house, too. Because I'm an ADULT)

• Like x 2
  14. kmoss

kmoss whoops

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice