OOC Superheroes

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Soul, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Okay so I'm trying to get stuff together for a Superhero/Supervillian/antihero/ persons with superpowers RP.
    I have some specific ideas for the setting but really would like to welcome anyone who would like to play to join in with worldbuilding and setting the story.

2. albedo

albedo metasperg

Oh, that sounds like fun. What do you have in mind? :D

3. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Well, I've discussed it a little in the planning thread, but basically, I want to focus on the aspect of supers being different, they don't really fit in, so they form a bit of a community. Not all of them want to be heroes or villains or big names, some just want to be treated as normal.
    So it's not all heavy action, I want to see casual interaction too. This is where I suggest a sort of dive bar for supers and misfits (if I may, I'd like to import Dive from my superhero stories.)
    I'd like to figure out more common locations as well; landmarks for things to happen at.

What kinds of issues should they face? Personal moral issues? What's good/evil? Society will use heroes to their advantage, but do they really care for supers in general or are they all just freaks? If a hero does something others disagree with, there's a fall from grace?

4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

so, supers as a part of society?
    the whole "registration/non registration" thing (I have a bad habit of drawing correlations between lgbt communities and literally any vaguely supernatural community ever.)

heroes vs villains vs people who just want to be left alone vs people who don't really hold with the heroes/villains thing and just try to be people with powers

corporations hiring supers to do ads for them

Olympic trials being wrecked after a super joins the trials and is exposed.

people running for office desperately trying to hide their abilities and people proudly running on the super party platform

(man, xmen apparently left a vivid impression on me as a child)

housing discrimination and bad history and bullying and the weird people who live in between the cracks

*rolls on the ground* this is such a cool idea in general ugh

• Like x 1
  5. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

am i allowed to import a character wholesale from a story i'm working on?

6. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I should think so, I'm importing elements from my universe, and honestly, RP is a great place to develop your characters.

7. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

All of these, yes.

I'd like to see kids discovering powers and freaking out internally, learning to USE the powers, Some people discover powers at different ages? (had them from early childhood onward vs. teens coming into them vs. adults discovering powers after freak accidents [can't rule out the freak accidents])

Superheroes without powers (a la Batman, Iron Man, KickAss) where do they fit in with actual Supers?

8. kmoss

kmoss whoops

teens who grew up without powers hanging out with super teens, and starting to pretend they have powers - so they can fit in, but also so they can stand with their friends

people taking their cues to be mundane heroes from super heroes

teens discovering they have powers completely at odds with their personality and interests

people realizing they have powers and deciding not to use them at all, for no other reason than that they don't need to

9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Is it like a solid, everyone is mutants kind of deal, where powers all have roughly the same origin, or is it more of loosey goosey, whatever sounds cool kind of thing? Are magic and aliens and magic aliens on the table, or is it all earthbound scienceheroes?

10. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I'd like for it to be mostly humans- maybe alien elements, but aliens are not common knowledge. Magic- sure, but not everyone can do it? I don't want for things to be so common that they don't stand out, but common enough for Non supers to distrust, I guess?
    I guess loose, but with some structure? I want this to be something we can all mostly agree on, though, so let's see what others have to say.

11. kmoss

kmoss whoops

i feel like any of my characters would have a way of rationalizing everything down to "any sufficiently complicated technology looks like magic" anyway...

I guess i like the idea of higher amounts of earthbound scienceheroes, but I also really like the idea of tossing in magic and aliens and arguments between all of the above

12. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I guess how they all fit in/relate to one another is what I'm really looking for? So's it's all kind of...Superpunk? Has that term already been coined?

• Like x 1
  13. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

Okay definitely bringing characters over.
    a warning... they're um...
    messed up.
    though there are elements of this universe missing that makes them slightlyless messed up.

• Like x 1
  14. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Like I said before, messed up only makes things more interesting!

15. wes scripserat

by messed up i mean one of them is a recovering alcoholic at 19.

16. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Sounds like we need to figure out more common locations besides the bar then, huh? Although that could be interesting.

17. wes scripserat

He has his minders (they are literally telepathically linked to him) but yeah.
    their back story is...
    :(

18. kmoss

kmoss whoops

bar and connecting bookshop cafe
    because that's a great idea
    (no i would try to live there probably.)

• Like x 2
  19. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I could maybe make that work.
    (What if it was a cat cafe. What if.)

• Like x 3
  20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Did someone say cat cafe?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice