OOC Superheroes

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Soul, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I've never been to an actual cat cafe, but I have been to a bookstore that had cats. I'm obsessed with cats in public places though because they are so chill. They help me to destress from being out around other people.
    idk. it was an idea. they could be next door to each other and they could borrow things like milk from each other and the barista could be an animal empath (Catwoman equivalent)

2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I love that idea. Not sure what sdort of character I´d play yet though...

3. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

4. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

If you want to play multiple characters, I'm fine with that, if everyone else is, if that makes narrowing down characters easier.

5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Character idea, might be too overpowered: A girl who can make video game logic work in the real world. She discovered her powers when her pet guineapig fell of the balkony and she created a cube that for all intents and purposes did not exist, but caught the piggy unharmed. Her power is limited to creating the objects that interact with her enviroment, and affecting herself. (she can make herself invulnerable to certain amounts of damage, heal herself etc.)

6. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

We can probably work with that, lets see what other kinds of character ideas we get.

7. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I have an idea for a character, but I am bad at coming up with powers and such, so here goes: She used to be part of a b- or c- list superhero team (it seems like those could be a Thing in this world? But correct me if I'm wrong) but was either kicked off or quit after some serious interpersonal drama went on, and ever since that she's been in a super bad place. Power wise, she would probably have something that's more support oriented or doesn't work well solo, but I can't quite figure what that would be.

8. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Those are Totally A Thing. Both the Superhero Teams and and the interpersonal drama in said teams. Just ask Bartender Dan, who I've decided I AM going to play in this RP, I just can't decide on my other character.

• Like x 1
  9. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Oh, I was just thinking- in a setting like this, there are the "good" supers, who do all the heroics and such, and the "bad" ones, who fight them, but also probably if you are someone with powers that doesn't fight there's a sense that you're selfish? Like well, look at how much you CAN do with your powers, there can't be a reason for you not to be fighting evil and in fact the only moral choice for you IS to fight evil- as well as kind of a devaluation of more "normal" types of humanitarian and relief work, because it doesn't look as flashy and cool as super hero battles. Tell me if I'm totally off base though.

10. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Not just fighting- you can use your powers for good and still be looked down upon, this is where things like politics, media, and major corporations come in- they all skew society's views. But basically, you're still going to be a freak. Just, are you a freak that is on THEIR SIDE? are you a freak that can be relied on or controlled?

• Like x 1
  11. wes scripserat

that actually fits with some of the stuff i've come up with for my superhero story, but unrelated.

my main character (@Bel Capricorn, this is more hooker!verse aletheia, known as siren, then main verse aletheia)
    his power is the ability to manipulate perceptions/memories ect through voice.
    i think he may work at a brothel in this universe too (if there are such things, i'm assuming there are people with power fetishes?) which would be a front for a group of mercenaries.

12. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned upthread teens who are friends with supers pretending to have powers, and that gave me an idea for my second character- a kid who used to do that, only to turn 18 and actually manifest powers- except it's something like empathy, and not the kind where you can influence others, so its not something cool and flashy and has been taking a huge toll on him.

• Like x 1
  13. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I kind of want a character with some weird dark past who can manipulate shadows somehow. but I don't know if I want her to be able to manipulate shadows as if they were real physical apparitions or if she can get in your head so you see, like, darkness, or shadows moving in your peripheral.
    but currently she is working diligently on a phd in alcoholism (and actually an actual degree in like art history or something at a local college that doesn't care too much if she disappears for a week).

14. wes scripserat

PhD in alcolism? She should meet Siren. He only gets sober because his girlfriend finds him dying in an alley of something. Presumably alcohol poisoning.

• Like x 1
  15. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I have a feeling that might be going around.

• Like x 2
  16. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

If you're playing Siren, I'll play that version of Aisling. We said she was a thief, right?
    I doubt her name would change like Siren's did though.

17. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Oh hey sorry if I am being annoying with questions but: How much are secret identities a thing? Like is there a government registry but identities are kept private, are most superheros undercover while some are out openly or is it the other way around, does the government use secret identities as a way to manipulate people into not quitting as super heroes, ect

18. wes scripserat

i don't think so either. i'm pretty sure siren is also too mentally ill to gender, but aisling still would have her name?
    does circe show up anywhere in this?
    i think bel's and my characters would have no identity other then their superhero identity, having cut ties from family/friends for varying reasons.

19. kmoss

kmoss whoops

mine at some point had a superhero identity and real world identity attached to that but she has managed to dodge most of that these days

20. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

No registry as of yet, but there are Talks of such. Maybe in other countries?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice