Origami!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by iff, Jan 1, 2017.

1. iff

iff Well-Known Member

2. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Oh man, I freaking love me some origami.

[​IMG]
    A couple of christmases ago I made tiny things in baubles as presents for my friends. Pictured on the right is a tiny sushi thing.

[​IMG]
    These bunnies live on my desk and watch over me while I procrastinate.

[​IMG]
    Hippo! I have a whole herd of these in decreasing sizes.

[​IMG]
    Lizard/gecko thing.

[​IMG]
    Another Christmas one: Rudolph! (Though I cheated a bit with the antlers, shhhhh)

• Like x 2
  3. iff

iff Well-Known Member

aaa the ball things are beautiful omg
    and so many cute animals!
    ...which reminds me that I was going to rec this fish tutorial

4. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

• Like x 2
  5. iff

iff Well-Known Member

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133455908@N03/page1
    I love this. i strongly approve of instagram filter'd terraza pics of origami dragons. also that lion's mane is so beautiful, and I love the goat's head

and since i'm posting here: beth johnson's stylized origamis are also v good. http://bethjohnsonorigami.com/ look at them! so cute

seconding the rec. Self-folding origami robots! it's also very visually satisfying

e:removed dumb thing

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  6. Sheepfish

Sheepfish New Member

Thread necromancy is acceptable from what I’ve heard, right? (If not, do direct me to the authorities)

Because I've been making some things? Also debating if I should invest in one of those folding tool things if I'm going to be abusing my fingernails this much by making the modulars...

[​IMG]

(the red ball is WIP in the pic above, here's what it looks like now, feel old yet, etc)

upload_2020-4-28_10-14-11.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice