outages today

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, May 13, 2017.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

ISP is looking into it, and at this point their vendors are looking into it "actively", I am informed, because Something Weird Happened. Twice.

• Informative x 8
    • Like x 1
  2. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Hey, um, thank you for everything you do here. It's hard to notice how important this site has become to me until it's unexpectedly unavailable for an hour or two. A lot of the labor that must go into it is not readily visible, but I imagine it's a lot, and I really appreciate it.

• Agree x 15
  3. seebs

Honestly, the sysadmin is usually no work at all, and like, the fact that it's been a thing at all is regarded as a Major Problem and I will get a fancy letter explaining exactly what went wrong and what's being done to make sure it doesn't happen again. :P

• Informative x 2
  4. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

I misread the title of this thread as "outrages today" and thought "that seems about right".

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

:argh::pitchforks::beartrash:

Some outrages

• Like x 4
  6. seebs

fwiw there's probably going to be another one sometime soonish for database-related reasons, we periodically get a huge flood of weird errors that make no sense, and the only things i've seen on this elsewhere came down to "and then dump the database and restore it and sometimes it gets better"

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice