Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

and mind you!! mind fucking you!! it's not even a lot!!

if they'd gotten like a meter over night i would understand.

But no, it's 30 fucking cm. and I'll give them that it's fucking awful wet snow. BUT. LOOK. If you cannot fight a foot of snow in the foothill of the alps, in fucking january WHY AM I EVEN PAYING YOU, DB.

• Agree x 3
  2. TheOwlet

I got shoveling blisters on my hand but there's a lush bath with my Name on it and some mozartkugeln and Uprooted and you know what? It could be much worse

• Like x 7
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

TAKE YO VICTORY BATH

• Agree x 3
  4. TheOwlet

fics for the bumblebee movie are folded into bayverse fic and lemme tell you this is fucking suffering. there are ten (10) fics with charlie and bee which is a fucking disgrace (like, ten all over if you combine shippy and gen)
    I'm gonna have to start looking for shatter and dropkick and i am already regreting this. Ao3 you failed me. FAILED.

• Witnessed x 7
  5. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Man, that's IT? :/ I haven't been hit by any bursts of inspiration I could carry through into a fic, but I'll maybe have to find the energy to ponder it on my own

........shatter/charlie no this is a bad plan and i have zero ideas but now i want it

• Like x 2
  6. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Maybe after it’s had a bit more time? The movie is still in theaters. As soon as it comes out for real, maybe more people who were Burned By Bay will see it.

I do know it’s generating at least some discussion on some discord servers where TF fic ideas germinate, but it’s so far banned from most general areas of discussion, even the usual spoiler areas, because too many people haven’t had a chance to see it yet. It’s like, super spoilers.

So maybe with time

...Okay, one of my habit tracking apps just humorously attempted to get my attention with a notification that began, “Hi Sharky Shark!” It was successful, and it’s a good thing I already pretty much made my point because it also caused my brain to bluescreen.

7. TheOwlet

You are a blessing and a gift

I was gonna go dig for shatter/dropkick look she's the boss in all iterations of this give me that sweet sweet robo femdom but this first forray has not left me optimistic. Gonna keep you posted tho

• Like x 2
  8. TheOwlet

So there's not a lot of Bee fic but you know what? There's some quality material.

Rec's by me: Link, Link

Goal for tomorrow: read the five (5) Shatter/dropkick fics ao3 has to offer. Of the 5 fics, two have a femdom tag so clearly the fandom is on the same train as me just...slower...

• Like x 1
  9. TheOwlet

Right so I'm looking through the Shatter/Dropkick tag (tiny. Too tiny. Gimmi mooore)

That said, quality here: Link, Link

10. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

So, trufax, I apparently lied, because I'm 1.5k deep into charlie&shatter as we speak :ppp

It's not my usual wheelhouse, so here's hoping I don't stall out, but i have ideas and scenes and everything XD

• Winner x 4
  11. TheOwlet

ohohohohohohohoohoh

spock you are a gift and a blessing upon fandom

• Agree x 1
  12. TheOwlet

things to acquire before going to sparklem in may:

wine (for sparklem)
    TSA-compliant luggage lock
    wallsocket adapter
    credit card (in March)
    US entry paperwork (also in March)

• Like x 1
  13. TheOwlet

Matt background blogging again!

When Matt mentions 'volunteers' the setup is basically this: the magical portions of....many cultures in his setting still have a death penalty even if the vanilla human societies around them might not, kind of a side effect of the fact that mages can wreak a LOT of havoc, and plenty of magical non-humans are old enough to remember death penalties and kinda like the idea.
    And a 'volunteer' is someone who got sentenced to death, but for one reason to the other was given a choice on how to die. and one of the options is 'let the necro use you' and it basically entails that if Matt needs to do something big - such as calling up considerable amount of undead to put down a greater demon - he can call in one of those volunteers and kill them, and use their deaths to power his spellwork instead of running it off the ambient death/animal sacrifice/himself.

And the idea is basically that someone is given the choice of not letting their death go 'to waste' and instead make it up to the community in a way.

Matt has a very small list of people for that, and he's usually very careful about not drawing on that list unless really necessary, but in this particular situation he'd have someone on standby in case the three dead sheep at his feet don't cut it.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
  14. TheOwlet

dentist happened! turned out that what i thought was a gum inflammation was actually caused by a tiny hole in one tooth, which meant that things got stuck there rather easily and THEN proceed to irritate the gum.

So new filling is in (took 15 minutes to apply) and half my upper jaw is still numb BUT hopefully this has solved the problem.

• Like x 5
  15. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Wow, glad they got that fixed! That sounds SUPER uncomfortable, to say the least.

• Agree x 1
  16. TheOwlet

oh yeh it absolutely was. if I was chewing on the other side it was mostly ok and not like, actively painful but it was annoying as all get out and one of the perks of health care system over her eis that I could get it fixed so I did and hey here's hoping that I have improved my life a lil.

• Witnessed x 1
  17. TheOwlet

and now: time for lush and tomorrow I gotta go and buy fabric or at least attempt to buy fabric and then I can potentially start Project Soundy for realsies

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  18. TheOwlet

Melusine bathbomb is not just extremely on Brand for me, it also smells great and the glitter bits are larger than in other bathbombs and the effect is fantastic

Might be a new staple next to Sunny Side and Star Bright

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Winner x 3
  19. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Oooo and what a name! Might have to swing by the mall and try Melusine for myself.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  20. TheOwlet

Because Dave had this excellent idea:
    give me a prompt and an OC and i shall produce a short content

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice