Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

for reference, this the sort of post-bath sparkle we're talking about, and I didn't even stay sitting in the water while it drained so this isn't maximum glitter retention:

[​IMG]

• Winner x 4
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Ali I respect your life choices but who sits in a bathtub while it drains, that shit is cold :P

• Like x 1
  3. TheOwlet

listen i take baths hot enough that if i don't cool down like that i faint went trying to get out

to steal @witchknights 's phrasing: 'a gentle sous vide'

• Informative x 2
  4. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

The secret is to gently roll out of the bath onto the bathmat in that case :P

• Useful x 2
  5. TheOwlet

my bathtub is too deep for that.... also: Tiles Cold, Bathmat Small

• Informative x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. TheOwlet

ok so i started feeling like a person again around like 8pm, and even found the energy to fix up my green skirt, so that's ended yet, and i can do additional mending of other thing tomorrow. there's some bottons that need re-affixing.

• Winner x 6
  7. TheOwlet

did a bunch of clothes mending!

What do we say to the god of planned obsolesce? Not today!

• Winner x 9
  8. TheOwlet

It is time for a doctor complaint again! Though at least this one is only administrative.

So head doc of the surgeons calls in
    "So we can't see the microbio results in the Patient file anymore. Why and please fix it'
    Me: i cannot fix that, it's an IT issue, please call IT at HQ and ask them about it
    Him: why should i do that, can't ypu do this?
    Me: well i cannot access the ORBIS (Hospital comp system) from down here so i literally don't know what's wrong, how it'd look if correct, or any other Details. I cannot answer any of the questions IT will ask
    Him: but it's your lab isn't it?
    Me, again: i literally cannot see the thing that is malfunctioning. I cannot help you. Please call IT directly
    Him, noticeably pissed: alright *click*

Like, you could just FEEL the 'i'm the boss i'm too good for this' vibe down the phone

• Witnessed x 8
  9. TheOwlet

Ravage has his legs on the right way around! The Kitty progresses

• Winner x 7
  10. TheOwlet

...i'm glad my autocorrect chose to capitalize kitty there.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  11. TheOwlet

Also update on the mass effecting:

We've finished up Cerberus (get fucked kai leng) and are now grinding multiplayer to boost the readiness rating. It's actually pretty damn fun, and the turian havoc (by Name of atticus) is Superfun to play/watch because his main thing is 'yeet yourself at the enemy to punch them'

The geth juggernaut too, especially because it allowed cara to fucking melee kill an atlas mech

• Winner x 1
  12. TheOwlet

*infomercial voice* are you an out of house doctor having your own practice? Do you send your samples to a lab in a Hospital? Then this product might be for you!

If the Hospital lab tech react with grumbling and hisses to your presence, there is an easy and cheap way to fix this!

Common decency! For the low low price of 'not being the inconsiderate dickback who makes them stay overtime by bringing in things ten minutes after closing' your lab tech can be happy and thriving too!

Remember, lab techs might be there for 24h shifts and not get enough sleep, so reducing their stress levels by not making them stay overtime works miracles!

Common Decency! Try it today!!*

*no returns, store credit or refunds. Common Decency does not protect against sleep depriviation caused bad Mood or snappishness if other people don't use Common Decency. Life time warranty only applicable if Common Decency is exercised regularly and adapted to current conditions

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Witnessed x 10
  13. TheOwlet

Like, i'm here but after 7pm i'm technically free to head upstairs and watch TV long as the Hospital doesn't need me

The fucking obgyn down the road rocking up ten past 7pm with time sensitive shit is very much Not That but my work ethic is too good to let them languish

• Witnessed x 5
  14. TheOwlet

Am melting, room is waaaaarm

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 2
  15. TheOwlet

since my wifi keeps throwing up problems i am not sure how to fix (on the laptop end, that is, the rooter and other machines connected to said rooter are fine) so i just put up 20m of lan cable and LO it works. Get Fucked Tech Problem.

• Winner x 6
  16. TheOwlet

I also have white choc + salt caramel ice cream, went to the thrift shop and came back out with two nice tshirts and a top AND have a fridge full of produce now for the gazpacho and watermelon salads that will feed me over the weekend.

• Winner x 7
  17. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

White chocolate and salted caramel sounds DIVINE, salted caramel is one of my favorite things! <3

18. TheOwlet

it was really really good! Not as overly sweet as i tend to find white choc, fairly light even! I might buy another scoop of that next time I'm in town

• Winner x 3
  19. TheOwlet

Also PR is working up a DnD campaign that's bastardized out of Forgotten Realms and Sviiland (aka Norse Hellscape) setting and i'll get to make the most accurate to the source material version of Matt yet:

pre 'we all fall into norse hell'
    - fairly standard issue grave cleric

then he falls into Norse Hell, exept somewhere along the way, Hel herself goes 'no no, that's mine' and grabs him into Helheim and Matt essentially ends up going 'actually that's kinda homey here' and becomes a direct worshipper of her

And ends up in Sviland except now classed into the Kaldr domain of the setting, which is basically 'ice for your frostbite, sourced directly from Helhim itself' which is INCREDIBLY on brand. It also allows him to kinda cannibalize his own spells, as in 'if he casts a thing that does cold damage, he gets bonuses from that' and he's gonna come preloaded with either necromancy or cold spells SO THAT WORKS OUT FINE

And of course Matt's number one cantrip will be Toll The Dead, except flavoured so that it's not a bell, but a woman's laugh ringing out

• Winner x 5
  20. TheOwlet

My gazpacho is fucking delicious, it's chilling in the fridge for tomorrow now but OH BOY IT TASTY

• Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice