Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Okay so ideas for shepreaper fic: i'm rereading imperial radch, and i think i wanna go with like...a reverse effect of what breq/justice of Toren gets. Because JoT gets reduced from one ship and many many human bodies to one single human body and its limited abilities and she finds that disoridnting

Meanwhile shepreaper goes from being one human to...one expanded virtual intelligente spread over several hundred (i guess? We don't know how many reapers there are...) giant ship bodies. I imagine that it's a fairly depersonalizing experience, and i think i'm going to lean on that, and shep trying to handle that new state of being and consciousness and repersonalizing. Not into the same shep as from before, but she still git those memories and shep's nothing if not stubbirn as absolute fuck
    So: probably going to spent the first chapter detailing the depersonalizing issues and this new state of being. Potentially also the sudden availability of all that knowledge because i imagine it'd be easy to lose one's srlf in just the vastness of it all, especially without a strong sense of self.

I think that'll be why she contacts the Geth, specifically Legion, who used to be made up of separate parts. So probably that's a Person she knows, who knows her old self, who might have some understanding of what's happening
    Also because Legion was at one point hooked up to reaper consciousness. So i think that's a good starting point for asking for help.

This is gonna be do much introspection, good Lord.

• Winner x 4
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

dammit, i’m gonna start reading fanfic for a game i’ve never played again, aren’t i

because that overview is very very *grabby hands*

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  3. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

ali this is some good good shit and im love it

• Like x 1
  4. TheOwlet

I would apologize but i am so not sorry

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. TheOwlet

I thiiiink shepreaper is gonna hold off contacting Garrus i continue to be a shakarian shipper first and foremost because garrus already took her first death hella hard, and no doubt this one Hits as badly, maybe worse because he was right there, and she's not gonna contact him before she even knows who she is now, never mind the doubts about whether or not she even still IS the woman he fell in love with.
    There are some very interesting possibilities in contacting liara because of the asari's entire deal with mindmelts and liara.... Might offer? To check how much recognizable Shepard is left? And i wanna have shepreaper agonize on whether to accept or refuse and try to start new without knowing. But she's absolutely gonna contact liara because look. All the prothean knowledge is stored in the reapers, and liara is so invested in that, no way would shep keep that from one of her best friends.

But yeah, first contact Legion, and i'm betting that the Geth can keep it a secret and not tell anyone else until shep is good and ready.
    Then probably Edi, and Tali, about the same time i think. Both are experienced in the field, sorta. Edi being an AI and tali being Engineer Genuis (and also Legion's gf, and Shep's very good friend) so good options for shepreaper branching out into personal contact again. I feel like there's a lot of potential there with her and edi and all the convos shep had with her in ME3 on what it means to be a Person, and i want Edi to return the favour, if you will. Shep helping Edi how to people, and now Edi helping her there and remind/reassuring her that She Is A Person, and deservers Person happiness*

(*esp because shep is sorta big on selfdenial and srlfsacrifice and now that she's reapers, probably feels the need to atone by not being happy, on top of everything else)

• Winner x 3
  6. TheOwlet

Also: JoT sort of fractured under the pressure conflicting but equal-priority orders

I kinda want shepreaper to have a reverse of that? A moment where her old self and the new one coalesce into one under a solid purpose

Maybe the remains of Leviathan going 'hey now that the reapers are no longer a problem....maybe we can start this tribute thing up again' and shepreaper coming down on them hard

Which would also allow me to insert some additional headcanons about Leviathan...

• Winner x 3
  7. TheOwlet

Mass effect canon is good, worldbuilding and characters are delicious, i'm gonna shove my face into this for a while longer yet because hmmmm. Details. Implications. Explirations of what makes humanity and personhood....

Oh god i'm gon be that pretentious dick who puts philosophy discussions into her fic....

• Winner x 3
  8. TheOwlet

When you're sitting crosslegged so long unfolding hurts the leggie....

• Witnessed x 5
  9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

is that really pretentious if it fits the theme of the fic? is it really *more* pretentious than 'is ivy even writing this for any reason other than gushing about italian food?'

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I'm literally planning a fic that's just a thinly veiled meditation on the role of the road trip and driving in an American lifestyle plus a sidebar on rural queer vs city queer life so, like, if philosophy discussions in fic are pretentious I'm right there with you

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  11. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

*fondly regards 'diatribe about homophobia metaphors and toxic masculinity wearing an a/b/o hat'*

Join Us In The Pretentious Fic Pile

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  12. TheOwlet

Lush review time , kids

This one is the Magma bathbomb

Def one for the rainy days. Not a lot of glitter, but the water goes a deep amber color, with yellow and red foam swirl, makes you feel comfy just looking at it. Takes a loooong time to dissolve but hey i like that.

Punches you in the face with clover and cinnamon, and contains ginger and mustard seed powder so imo one you wanna enjoy as hot as possible, for as long as possible, to really warm your muscles through

I'm having it with rain coming down on the bathroom and it's goooooood

• Winner x 8
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ooh I coulda used that Saturday

14. TheOwlet

IT BEGINS

Talegion fic now revealed to the public, remaining chapters to be posted weekly.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. TheOwlet

Pitstop at local mcd because i realized i still had Coupons for free coffee and who am i tk turn down free coffee?

• Winner x 5
  16. TheOwlet

Every time I see a Guo Pei show i become more convinced that she designs for the courts fae in her free time

meanwhile Iris van Herpen does Spelf fashion

Thank you for your time

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  17. TheOwlet

Today is a bad day for oncall! I just want half a fucking hour to myself already please

• Witnessed x 9
  18. TheOwlet

Like, i've been here for 12h and i'vebeen working for virtually all of that and it SUCKS

• Witnessed x 8
  19. TheOwlet

Aaand i am back in the lab. Just. Fucking let me rest.

• Witnessed x 7
  20. TheOwlet

Mum keeps whatsapping me recipe vids from YouTube and i know she means well but spamming me with recipe vids is never the way to go and right now i just want some peace and quiet, not another thing demanding my attention.

• Witnessed x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice