Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

You know what's good? One tsp instant coffee, one tsp Carokaffee, sugarcube, milk as your afternoon hot bef. Tasty af, and hopefully won't give me the caffeine shakes because reduced dose

• Winner x 2
  2. TheOwlet

So, some thoughts on Asher's like....ordeal.

Technically, injuries to the soul, if they don't kill a Person right out, do heal over time. Mostly slowly, and some never truly, but they heal.
    But Asher had like, a particular kind of soul injury. He's had something from Outside latch on and nom on him, and i'm thinking that's less like taking a chunk of meat out of someone, or some skin, and more like removing and entire limb or organ and then cauterizing the wound. Not just is the thing itself completely gone, but the 'surrounding' tissue is so damaged it can't even begin to close the gap.

So he just keeps missing that bit of soul, and you can't even graft it anything, it's just gone.
    someone remind me to talk about soul grafts, too, i invested too much brainpower into this...

• Like x 4
  3. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

PLS talk about soul grafts

• Agree x 2
  4. TheOwlet

Okay! So! Soul grafts

Basically something you can do to types of soul injuries where they're not just damaged like a 'cut/abbrasion/puncture' but big chunks are missing.

There are two main kinds:

Grafts made from soul

Grafts made from magic

Magic ones are basically like the nails you use for bone lengthening or synthetic skin: they bridge the gap between the edge of the wound with spellwork to serves to protect the wound while also encouraging the soul to truly heal instead of scar. Upside is that you can apply it on the spot as treatment and you don't need a necro to do it. Downside is that you're really just applying a supersized bandaid.

Soul ones are...basically allogenic transplants. They really only work between peopele who already have a very close connection between them. Someone who knows what they're doing necromancers can take a small bit of soul from a willing donor and meld it to the reciever. 'Willing' being paramount here, since part of what makes soul injuries so bad is their traumatic nature. Someone who gives a bit of their own willingly heals a lot quicker and has virtually none of the drawbacks. The soul bit is basically taken and spliced into the 'wound' and then just gets assimilated over time. The advantage here is that you basically do away with the wound immediately, with only the edge being weak still. That too heals super quickly.
    Downside is of course that finding a donor is very hard so it's not really an emergency fix.

• Like x 4
  5. TheOwlet

Did i want to stop sewing? Yes.
    Did i actually stop? No.

The pillow method just takes 95% of the finger strain away so i just...keep going...

• Witnessed x 2
  6. TheOwlet

Sometimes you get a sample, and you look at it, and you know exactly what the Patient has, just from looking at it.

Like, joint aspirates are never as watery as say, pleura but... This knee joint aspirate was chunky
    Suffice to say, chunky aspirate: bad. And like...not just that, but thick white pus of the consistency that the present blood was visible as distinct marbling.

I would put money on this being a serious buritis of the knee joint that the Patient should have seen a doc about days ago.

ETA: that goes for liquid aspirate, of course. Tissue aspirate having pieces in it is like, desired.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    • Witnessed x 6
  7. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Honestly, depending on how sick the patient is it sounds like septic arthritis.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. TheOwlet

Sadly we didn't get to see any other Material (at least not while i was still around on friday) so i don't know what the rest of the values looked likee

• Witnessed x 2
  9. TheOwlet

Current mood: lying on the bed, topless, admiring my tat.

Good tattoo, would like More but...money...and can't moisturize own back...

• Like x 3
  10. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

oooo whats your tattoo of???

11. TheOwlet

Seraph wing underboob! Poke me about it tomorrow and i shall supply a picture

• Winner x 1
  12. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

13. TheOwlet

I also have one on thd right ankle (feather 'piercing' the skin)

And i would looooove a big backpiecd but...money....

• Like x 2
  14. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

like for cool tattoos and witnessed for no money

• Agree x 2
  15. TheOwlet

Weird dream of the day: fighting xenomorphs with Pokémon. Brain why. was winning tho

• Winner x 6
  16. TheOwlet

Y'know, i'm pretty sure my brain made the Pokémon up too? It was something dog-shaped, in yellow, and not of the original 150 but that's all i remember

• Like x 3
  17. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

yellow pubby
    i like your brain

(the only yellow-ish and dog-shaped pokemon i can think of off the top of my head is Manectric, ftr.)
    [​IMG]

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Raikou is yellow and arguably a dog as well

• Agree x 1
  19. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

i suppose if you're fighting xenomorphs you want a legendary on your side, yeah

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  20. TheOwlet

I can inform you that while those are both good puppers, mine looked more like that Raikou if you crossed it with a overly groomer breaded collie

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice