Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

That moment when you've absorbed enough info through fandom osmosis that you start being able to spot the AU versions of a character despite only knowing the character themselves through fandom osmosis as well.

Brought to you by this picture (source)
    [​IMG]

that said: tasteeeeee.

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. TheOwlet

ok i should be having no more orphan posts in my vent now, go me! (and go mods, thank you for however moved everything!)

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. TheOwlet

Worst part about starting a new rpg system: how does shit work I have no idea what I'm doiiiiing

and like, if i go to someone who's offered to help, who actually knows the system? I would very much like to actually be helped? I feel like we could have avoided a whole lot of frustration on my part if that had gotten across from the getgo? When I say 'i have fuckall idea what I'm doing' to do absolutely mean 'therefore please tell me if the thing i'm building is nonsense'

• Witnessed x 2
  4. TheOwlet

The building issue has been resolved and i feel better about this now but like. Yes i know i'm in experienced, yes i don't know what my mech can actually do because i've literally never played this before?

I'm not gonna be offended if told that the idea i had was stupid. I asked because i want to know if it is stupid and if so, get better ideas.

And it's fixed now but i suspect that a lot of frustration could have been avoided for all without that communication error, at least that's what i assume this was.

• Witnessed x 3
  5. TheOwlet

So please imagine that after getting her ass kicked and her mech trashed last battle Naomi spent downtime frantically fixing/upgrading it, ripping out old stuff and cursing like a sailor

And when she finally gets the pilfered aunic weapon to work and it powers up the first time she smooches her beast, jumps down, does a victory lap, yelling 'guess who's fucking kneeling next time' and then hastily powers that hardlight Lance down again.

• Winner x 1
  6. TheOwlet

She's just so upset that things went like they went that fueled entirely by rage alone she reverse engineered a working software and mount for the lance. ain't perfect but catch her getting caught in melee with enemies that explode in her face again.

also catch her mech's hands, he's got three of them now and each one is holding a bigass knife and is ready to filet you

• Winner x 1
  7. TheOwlet

note to self: why is Kesha's Cannibal not on Matt's playlist it desperately needs to be there and I will stick it in later

• Winner x 2
  8. TheOwlet

it lives on his playlist now, which is slowly but steadily growing out of all proportions gdi.

am considering putting it on the pinkkat/matt playlist too tbh. god they're such a trashfire and yet. AND YET.

• Winner x 1
  9. TheOwlet

Yo everyone 8tracks is available again and if you got adblock you're not longer limited by their bullshit timer.

GO FORTH
    PLAYLIST
    (i know i am)

• Like x 3
  10. TheOwlet

8tracks remembered that I was on a tfp soundy bender before abandoning the website due to its bullshit

so guess who's back on her bullshit

• Winner x 2
  11. TheOwlet

• Like x 1
  12. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

holy SHIT it SO is
    idk if this makes sense but the style of music even fits them, like the synth stuff and style of vocals sound very davelal, but then there's a little guitar and it gets very rough/grimy/bass-heavy in a way that feels super matt

• Agree x 1
  13. TheOwlet

it makes perfect sense to me yeah! synths are something i usually tie with matt, stylistically but they're VERY davelal I think (also like...thematically.. because synthesizing/front is his..thing...) and it meshes just like really good!

• Like x 1
  14. TheOwlet

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Winner x 6
  15. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

OH MY GOD!!!!! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!! it goes so well with the other clothes you picked out too you look so spooky and elegant :00

• Like x 1
  16. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

OH MY GOSH THAT IS SUCH A LOOK

and you are 100% goth enough, i approve wholeheartedly

• Like x 1
  17. TheOwlet

Gonna put some black leather boots with that and then rock up to the work xmas party like that and put everyone else to shame. overdressed? almost certainly. do i care? not the least damn bit.

• Winner x 5
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Overdressing is fun and anyone who says otherwise is WRONG.

• Agree x 1
  19. TheOwlet

@artistformerlyknownasdave

i just occurred to me... for all Matt is a hedonistic trash pile... he actually knows a few things on how to 'rule' because the position he's having is kinda heavy on the feudal lord trappings and the fact that necromancer are kinda like. apex predators. They make other predatory creatures kinda nervous (and for good reason too) so Matt probably has like entire scripts of 'how deal with thing' with 'how deal with person being afraid of me despite me not wanting them to be afraid of me' somewhere near the top.

plus of course visiting another necromancer's territory/leaving his own is planned like a trip to a potentially hostile foreign nation so like, those are just...things that he considers normal at this point.

• Winner x 1
  20. TheOwlet

Matt @Pinkkat: just five kinds of 'babe. babe please. You're trying and I recognize and recommend that but babe please'

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice