Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Winner x 1
  2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Penceling friday in as Chores Day now so that someone holds me accountable

gotta do: dishes, whites laundry, sheets laundry (tho if whites dry slow, sheets on saturday), couch, vacuum

optional: mending

otherwise, saturday will be the designated Mending Day, I got three pieces that need some fixings

• Like x 1
  3. TheOwlet

my brain decided to run a fucking japanese horror movie on my while i was napping. Wtf brain

The story was set in vaguely asian big city, with this girl living with relatives while her little brother was away in some hospital being ill. She wrote letters to him a lot, but didn't get much in the way of replies, gets told her little brother is very exhausted from his treatments. Life goes on, and eventually she stops writing letters so regularly, and they become less and less, then stop entirely.

A while later, odd things start happening. She wakes up in the night thinking someone's in her room but there never is, thinks people are calling her name in the street, but there never is anyone. She tells the relatives, and they do take her to therapy, thinking it's stress from school, and the things stop again. another while later she starts getting headaches and suddenly breaks out from her favourite jewelry, including a pair of earrings that she got from her little brother on her last birthday before he went away. It's treated like an allergy, and goes away again, but now she does't wear the jewelry anymore, of course. Things re fine again for a bit.
    Then ALL of it comes back with a vengeance one night, voices and fear and her skin blistering up, and when she leaves her room to get help she stumble over an item, something like a little zen garden except it's much deeper and there's a jar in it, filled with milkteeth. Way more than a single human should have. she stumbles back into her room and slams the door shut. it cuts to a pair of small feet coming up the stairs. the feet are clean but the footprints they leave are dirty. cut to the girl again. she's sitting on her bed, watching her door wide eyed. cut to the outside of the door. a little boy is standing there, seen from behind. He steps forward and just though the door, we only see a moment of 'melting' through the door. cut inside again. The girl is pressed up against the door of her wardrobe, staring at something. Cut again. The little boy is in front of her, but now she's a little girl too, about his age. The boy presses his hands up against her face, pulling at her skin. It looks oddly melty. He tells her 'I'm going to make you sing' and they melt back through the door of the wardrobe in the same effect as before just as the little girl starts screaming.

and that's when i woke up again, going 'what the everloving fuck' at my brain.

• Witnessed x 6
  4. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

as much as that dream must have sucked to have, that's a really cool plot

• Agree x 1
  5. TheOwlet

Oh yeah like, it absolutely was in retrospect, but the dream was terriyfing.

6. TheOwlet

Hollywood is making a comedy movie about the eurovision song contest and i have SUBZERO faith that it'll be anything but 'oh those wacky europeans'

like, god. I'd be happier if Australians pulled this, at least they've involved in the ESC and not just standing at the sideline to point and laugh

• Agree x 6
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. TheOwlet

References for Hel:

This look applied on half of this face [​IMG] , wearing this dress (or something similar) [​IMG]

• Winner x 5
  8. TheOwlet

y'all (ok the discord has already been told this, but)

i live near to a place full of very, VERY rich people. That means i've gotten kinda used to the high porsche density, as well as the occasional tesla, ferrari, mustang or evn jaguar.

But today I have been standing at the roundabout waiting to get through and what drove past was a Maserati MC12. There's only 50 of those out there. It went slow enough that I got a good look at it, going from 'a sportcar' (frontview) to 'ok a really fast and expensive one' (sideview) to 'holy shit, that's a Maserati' upon seeing the trampstamp on its (shapely, very shapely) ass. Blessed by a car cryptid?

• Winner x 7
  9. TheOwlet

did: laundry, put away old dishes, vacuum, sheet laundry, cook food, sewing.

that's enough productive for now. couch will be wosh later

tomorrow: mending day, dishes.

• Winner x 4
  10. TheOwlet

Bluuuh, headphonss broke

Gon head to town tomorrow morning for replacements but question is, do i want Bluetooth (meh) or cable again?

• Witnessed x 5
  11. TheOwlet

new headphones get. couldn't test them in store and the sound's,,,not quite ideal, but I'll cope.

cleaned the couch today, made food, finished my recipe folder, wrote nearly 400 words of new fic (@kastilin is ENABLING me) despite migraine. go me?

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. TheOwlet

Because i had the idea yesterday of 'hey what i write a onehot about Legion getting used as a signal relay for the reapers' because clearly what this fandom needed was a robot h/c entered on how violating and horrible an experience it must have been and how little Legion would have the language to voice that experience because they're already very bad at like, identifying and voicing regular feelings. Also: i wanna make this the point at which Legion becomes a singular person instead of a gestalt one, like pressure making a diamond.

and low, there are now two pages of robot h/c and me struggling to describe pain in a person who doesn't per se experience pain.

• Winner x 4
  13. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

i enable your fics, you enable my arts
    it's a fair trade

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. TheOwlet

you draw the dicks, i write the dicks. Equivalent Exchange

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  15. TheOwlet

I'm wearing one of my thrifted wotk tshirts today, and it delighted my boss. This one reads 'lovely little ladybug' with a big cartoon ladybug underneath. Appatently that's exactly my bosses style because she wanted one in her size (alas, thriftshopping...)

• Winner x 5
  16. TheOwlet

I also had an epiphany about where the term ladybug is from...like, in german they're called Marienkäfer (St.mary's bug) and y'know how a lot of churches are 'our lady XY' and they're virtually alwys churches dedicated to Mary

So english is basically also calling them St.mary's bug, just in a more roundabout way, and it's cute.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  17. TheOwlet

One of the great upsides of being alone in the lab at night is that i can sing Bring Me To Life and nobody gives a damn. It's Owlet Serenade Hour in here.

• Winner x 8
  18. TheOwlet

Bonus of this: i hope my shitty rendition of Amy lee's voice + echoy hallways + night time creates a new cryptid.

• Winner x 7
  19. TheOwlet

I blame PR for this

369: yo lalli wtf you doing there also that's a highly matt-relateable action....must resist urge to envision ssss!Matt.... little mage terror...

371: reynir baby. this obsession with being useful has me so worried for you. baby boy. Sweet child. Who hurt you.

(general side: love the kitten. best kitten.)

375: I RECOGIZE THAT AS KOPENHAGEN

377: i understand reynir's parents being super scared but at the same time: oh no.

378: snake car. oh lalli. I love lalli, best son.

380: i feel like getting stuck would be seriously terrible bad, even with the trolls mostly hibernating

381: *gently shoves lalli and emil together* kiss

383: I'm having...emotions...about this expectation of perfection on Lalli

388: 'all scouts under the age of 15' YIKES

390: OH HONEY. Growing urge to hug these children

also this just in: Lalli gotta have stamina for days, running around in that much snow takes serious stamina and strength.

394: lalli don't punch the fleshmoss good lord

396: FINALLY SOME MAGIC!!!!

398: that nose/eyebleed can't be good..... also god those double page spreads are gorgeous as fuck

404: sweetcheeks that's not why the kitten is being all hissy also she's protecting you, not the other way around, i can tell.

405: oh great there was a hidden one. I'm...not going to spent too much time on what sort of thing that could make a troll (? looks wrong for a beast...) that tiny

406: wormtroll sign!

408: hmmm ancient desperate foothold. helm's clam that bitch

409: 'weird spirits' that's totally not gonna come back to eat anyone

411: ohhhhhh. i continue, this is like, deeply matt compatible. Urge...getting stronger....

412: *ear perk* turned mage? Hello i have further questions about this?? also i am now An Concern about Lalli, though he obviously has his Lounto with him as seen in this chapter. But...concerné.

• Like x 3
  20. TheOwlet

weird dead people.

also: GOOD KITTEN!! GOOD! KITTEN!!

and Reynir is most definitely picking up something and i bet Lalli would see something too if he was awake for this

also: that uh. double page spread at the start of the chapter? I am very concerned about the thing we see underground. is that a giant that they're camping on top of?

424: using kitten as troll-dar is kinda precious ngl

425: i feel...actually slightly sorry for that troll hiding under the bed now. also like, in general. there's more going on there with the trolls than it looks. also that spirit CONCERNS me

426: MY CONCERN WAS CORRECT

427: oh great there's several of them. Jesus emil you got lucky. I'm very concerned about nightfall

434: REYNIR NO. ok those things are BAD news. badest of news.

435: 'remember this' uhhhhh

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice