Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

fortunately i don't need that for work but for going to my parents? ABSOLUTELY

i'd still need it to navigate Muinich because Fuck Muinich but also traffic is a bitch and i need the navi to tell me where not to be to avoid the worst of it

• Witnessed x 1
  2. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

-throws Chicago on the fuck pile, and not in a fun way-

Yeah, that’s exactly it. Cities and their unpredictable traffic. Eternal construction already makes the roads hell, and then if anyone has even the most minor accident it backs everything up for miles. And Chicago has just enough one way streets that you never truly expect them until they’re making an obstacle of themselves at the last minute.

• Witnessed x 1
  3. TheOwlet

fortunately no oneway streets on my usual track through muinich, but sadly it takes me alright RIGHT through the city center and it's...gently hell... and today especially so because there were a number of accidents and construction sites in the city, and on the major Autobahn track home too so instead of 3.5h (plus 30 minutes for a break at mcd to acquire food and drink) it took me nearly 5h to get home

• Witnessed x 4
  4. TheOwlet

MY PARENTS VOLUNTEERED FOR BUYING ME BPAL FOR MY BDAY I AM SAVED

• Winner x 11
  5. TheOwlet

i have now ordered, from my birthday money:

Mictecacihuatl
    Shadowed Veil
    Death's Head Moth
    Embodiment of Funeral Gloom

it's SO MUCH MONEY but it ain't my money so like...good. goooooood.

• Winner x 7
  6. TheOwlet

First day back from vacay and i already need another one.
    Today was an exercise of 'your blood Depot is full - simsalabim now it's empty!'

• Witnessed x 9
  7. TheOwlet

It's midnight. I went to work at 10am. Since then i have spent all but 45 minutes in the lab. Suffering.

• Witnessed x 9
  8. TheOwlet

I'm so annoyed at myself

I'm at the point of plushie making where all i can see are the mistakes, like a little bit of loopsidedness because the fabric stretched as it's stuffed and sewed so things don't always line up neatly even if i pin/baste it and the proportions look wrong and i KNOW part of that is because i have the torso done but the arms and shoulders aren't attached yet but i just. Argh. FRUSTATION

i have done so much tiny tiny work on this thing. tiny fucking details and i will be doing more tiny fucking details (next up: embroider the a tiny aston symbol in silver thread) before it's over and GOD i know it'll look god but also my own desire for perfection is fucking me over because this is gonna be a GIFT and thus is needs to be entire beyond reproach!

which i know is a stupid thing to get hung up about because the point of a handmade gift isn't that it comes out looking like something a professional or a factory spit out but that a lot of love and attention and time went into it but god. GOD my brain hates me right now. It also hates the plushie because hnnnnnnn perfection unachievable

also: gotta buy more stuffing material, I think?

• Witnessed x 8
  9. TheOwlet

for the record, here's the current state of plushie:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 8
  10. TheOwlet

also: my wrist hurts, i think the enforced sewing break tomorrow (I got a work thing all day) will be good for me....

• Witnessed x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Oh it definitely will be good. Sewing will ruin the hands like few other things. Just rest a bit...

• Agree x 3
  12. TheOwlet

yeha i got the work thing on thursday and then friday i'll just pin some stuff and that's it

also: wrist stretchies

• Like x 1
  13. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

all the wrist stretchies!

14. TheOwlet

sewing: so satisfying (most of the time) yet so likely to give you wirst RSIs

• Agree x 1
  15. Verily

HE LOOKS INCREDIBLE! I'm dying over how fucking adorable he is!

• Agree x 1
  16. TheOwlet

Thank you!

The proportions still look off to me ;_; i know they're not because if i pin the arm where it's gonna go the hands are mid-thigh-ish which is where they ought to be so I'm not sure why my brain is pulling this?

• Witnessed x 2
  17. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I think his hips and waist are a little thicker than he's animated, but like. that's just a hazard of having to construct a real actual physical thing instead of a cartoon.

• Agree x 3
  18. Verily

Yeah computer animation doesn’t actually have to be structurally sound. And plushies would honestly probably be pretty weird if they weren’t more round than most of the things they represent.

• Agree x 4
  19. TheOwlet

I pinned the shoulders in place, and i think it improved the proportions somewhat???

[​IMG]

Like, I think adding the extra red through the shoulders means he looks wider up top and thus the waist looks relatively smaller

success?

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 1
  20. TheOwlet

also: tempted to fucking go and take the center front panel out tomorrow and try to get it in straight one last time. otherwise the only things left to do are attachment of arm(s) and the second arm won't get put together until sunday's oncall anyway

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice