Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

...did take of the center pane and redid it. Realized the actually loopsided bit was the head, which i can't reattach because there's an actual hole there. Gonna....try and see if I can mayhaps stitch it down to one side a little to fix this.

• Witnessed x 1
  2. TheOwlet

stolen from acey

• Winner x 2
  3. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

Necromancer queen with left witchy

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

classy romantic goth!

• Like x 1
  5. TheOwlet

The Hospital finally got free open wifi for guests that i can leech

I am unstoppable now, no longer bound bythe contraints of phone data.

• Winner x 13
  6. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Fashion aesthetics: goth river nymph

• Winner x 1
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Floral corp goth!

• Like x 1
  8. TheOwlet

I'm gonna have a fucking talk with one specific out of house doc at some point istg

Like, it's 18:30 on a sunday, i've been in the on-call part of my oncall since NOON and she goes 'oh can i bring you blood in 1h that i need today? It's from my inlaws?'

Like, customer service bullshit said i had to say yes. Common fucking sense made it so i told her that our on-call services are FOR THE HOSPITAL WHERE THE REALLY SICK PEOPLE ARE and that yes i will do it, as an extreme exception

And she goes 'oh so i can't do this regularly?'

No no you fucking can't. Keep to schedule like every other out of house doc and bring blood on monday during regular hours, or send the truly ill people to the ER where they belong. You inlaws just happening to be in muinich is not a fucking reason to annoy the lab during our 24h shifts.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    • Witnessed x 8
  9. TheOwlet

Doc JUST brought the inlaw blood

And fuck it i'll finish watching this first. It ain't that damn pressing.

• Agree x 3
  10. TheOwlet

So ich hab mir die scheine angeguckt und diese blöde Nudel hat doch tatsächlich zwei verdammte routineanforderungen gebracht. Nix dabei was ned bis morgen zeit gehabt hätte, hba1c und TSH, volles Programm

Ich rede da morgen mal mit meinen Kolleginnen drüber weil dem will ich ben Riegel vorschieben. Die soll sich bloß ned nochmal erdreißten mir sonntags um drecks 8uhr abends routine zu bringen bloß weils ihr Schwiegereltern sind. Bei allem was recht ist.

• Witnessed x 3
  11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

jjjjjja das is. absoluter schwachfug. wer kommt denn auf solche ideen überhaupt??? Wasn das für ne kinderstube.

• Agree x 1
  12. TheOwlet

Frag mich mal

Das is immer dieselbe einsenderärztin die so geistesblitze hat, und wir müssens dann ausbaden weil ~kundenservice~

• Witnessed x 4
  13. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Sie soll überhaupt ihre Schwiegereltern nicht behandlen. Das ist gegen Artzen Ethik. Artzen sollten ihre Familien nicht behandlen. Das gibst nur Ärger.

• Agree x 4
  14. TheOwlet

Allerdings, aber was soll ich machen außer grummeln?

• Witnessed x 2
  15. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Mit deine Chef reden das du Nein sagen wollen das nächstes mal, und dan nächstes mal du soll Nein sagen.

Geht so nicht, weiss Ich, aber ist ein schönes Fantasie ;)

• Agree x 1
  16. TheOwlet

Coworkers were in agreement today that doc pulled a dick move and shall not be allowed further dickmoves of the kind, so there's that' at least.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 3
  17. TheOwlet

FINISHED THE PLUSHIE

I AM DOOOOOONE

• Winner x 10
  18. TheOwlet

BEHOLD!!!

• Winner x 9
  19. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

A handsome lad!

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  20. TheOwlet

I know i often joke that Matt is all my kinks compressed and hidden in a trench coat, and while this is true he's grown quite a bit past that. And one of the things he's developed and which i really like about him - and which apparently other people like about him, too? - is that he's unapologetically himself. He has gotten this very solid foundation of confidence to say 'yeah that's what I'm like, take it or leave it' and not exist to please anyone.
    Like, it's not that he doesn't like people and external validation and all of that, and he would suffer - does, in fact suffer - from social isolation. But there's a very unbending core to him that just refuses to make himself smaller or less or easier to digest for other people. No, you get what you see. If you wanna see something else, you can pay him for the privilege. He can play nice and do manners and all the social interaction ringmarole, but he's going to do it as far it either serves a purpose, or pleases him. He'd be terrible customer service. But there's no convincing him that he's worth less than what he thinks he is, in any form.

Which does in part come from being scary powerful, and does in part come from knowing that if he's good enough for Hel, who cares about the rest? But it also comes from magic being in large parts founded in being honest, with yourself, what you really truly want. It requires self reflection and clarity and he's grown up with it. His parents have encouraged him to be like that and say what he means when he means it. During that early teenage phase they encouraged him to be as weird as he wanted to be, and that combination has resulted in someone who knows very much what he wants, and who goes for that, with very little doubt. Like, he might doubt that he can do something, or do it easily. But he'd never doubt that he deserves that thing. He wants it, therefore reality should bend to do it. That's how a lot of magic works, in the end. Wanting something to much, with such precision, that physics fold over backwards to make it possible. And that could flip over to baseless arrogance very easily, and i don't deny that be can be an inconsiderate dick, but a lot of his confidence is based on his actual skill, not bluster. It's the philosophy that alright, if a thing needs doing, not just will be accomplish it, he'll do it Well. With style and precision and to be the best of is abilities.

And that attitude carried over, and resulted in someone who isn't afraid of millenia old vampires, or fae lords, or eldritch beings who want to eat reality.

And i really enjoy playing someone who has that confidence, who just demands that people take him seriously and gets that, because I'm...not great at that, most of the time. Conflict is Scary. Failure is Scary. But it's not scary to him, and there's something very freeing about being able to get into the headspace of someone who can say 'yeah fuck it, I'm good enough as i am, I don't need to be who you want me to be' and mean it.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice