Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I'm going to start trying them out with Shadowed Veil and so far it's very good. The heavy bourbon note doesn't stick around super long, making way for the incense and agarwood

• Winner x 2
  2. TheOwlet

it's dried down a bit now, and the heart note is a fruit-sweet incense with the wood underneath, it's very pleasing

• Winner x 1
  3. TheOwlet

I'm freshly showered so time for the next trial. this time:

The Embodiment of Funeral Gloom.

I had a moment of Oh NO when i put it on because it seemed like it was doing the ammonia thing that Zombi did, but no! no it doesn't! after about five minutes on my skin it dries down to herby, woody goodness

This is in fact very close to what 'Matt Fresh From Gardening' smells like and I'm into it.

ETA: it's been a while now and it does dry down great, love it. I keep sniffing my wrists.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    • Winner x 6
  4. TheOwlet

Now testing: Mictecacihuatl

It's fairly on the nose with the rose note when first put on, but simmers down to a beautiful soft smokey Version thereof, like rose incense being burnt down the hallway

• Winner x 3
  5. TheOwlet

new shower, new perfume test:

Death's Head Moth: ohhh my God. this is. amazing. i'm reminded of a good aftershave, it's smoke and spice, leaning into a slightly hmmm...spice market? almost? note. It reminds me of a lot of belly dance events i've been to but without the flower tones. If this was sold in a store, it'd def be in the men's section and I'm about it. The clove and pepper give it the tiniest hint of xmas market spice seller, too. it's just. hoooly shit it's good.

• Winner x 3
  6. TheOwlet

Next scent: one of my freemps, Rogue

Very nice and subtle, which really fits the theme, doesn't it? Goes with many moods, as long as you don't feel like making a big bold statement with your perfume, so i think i'll have this one for the 'not sure what want' days.

• Winner x 1
  7. TheOwlet

Thought of the day: due to brains being mostly fat (the myelin sheaths around the nerves aka white matter) they're not thoughtjelly, they're thoughtbutter

• Informative x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Useful x 2
  8. TheOwlet

It just occured to me that i started my job in Dezember '15, meaning i've been a whole ass responsible adult for almost for years now

• Winner x 10
  9. TheOwlet

next freemp review: Oberon

A lot more floral and musky on my skin than out the bottle! I really enjoy it and the sort of clouds it forms around me. Been smelling my wrists repeatedly in the last half hour or so

• Winner x 4
  10. TheOwlet

And today: Antony

Like Oberon, starts out green and fresh and comes down to soft floral notes, but imo it never gains quite the same weight that oberon does, so this is certainly another one for my growing collection of light spring scents

• Winner x 3
  11. TheOwlet

i just had to shower sitting down because my headache is so bad that the idea of standing under the spray for the duration made me want to die

I hope the painpill kicks in soon, i don't like this

• Witnessed x 6
  12. TheOwlet

the moment when the ibuprofen starts working is like the most blessed moment in time. Suddenly thinking no longer hurts.

• Agree x 3
  13. TheOwlet

it's been three hours and frankyl i would like to travel back in time and offer sexual favours to the inventor of ibuprofen, regardless of gender. Just. God. Bless this person.

• Agree x 2
  14. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

good news you only need to travel back to january if you don't mind 90-year-old men

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. TheOwlet

i mean i'd travel back to the time when he actually invented it so he wouldn't be 90 ;P

• Useful x 2
  16. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  17. TheOwlet

things successfully done on monday:

took out trash
    went grocery shopping
    also bought a new pair of light winter boots
    went for a walk because the weather was lovely and I wanted to soak up some light and vitamin d
    made two leafs on my embroidery project

• Winner x 6
  18. TheOwlet

PROGRESS

it's taken me a solid hour to make that brown leaf but fuck me I really like how it's turning out.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 11
  19. TheOwlet

Today's lush review: igloo

This is gonna sound extremely mean but...this smells like my fave cough drops (mint and lemon). It even turns the water the same teal-y blue

And mind you, that's not a bad thing! But i've been fighting to urge to lick the water the whole soak already

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

:mpsa: u mean the icesheet drops? I luv those too

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice