Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

GLETSCHEREIS FTW YES

• Winner x 1
  2. TheOwlet

PROGRESS!!!

• Winner x 12
  3. TheOwlet

I'm so mcfreaking proud of myself

• Winner x 11
  4. TheOwlet

Things done today: got groceries, got fresh coco fiber for the snilds, made calender note for work xmas on thursday, cooked, bathed, started embroidering the 2nd panel

things to do tomorrow: switch out snildren's coco fibre, cook again (pancakes), take apart some recipe mags, dishes, more embroider

• Winner x 6
  5. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

Your embroidery is looking fiiiiiiine. (Can I make an "on point" joke here?)

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  6. TheOwlet

off to work xmas celebration (yes it's early but frankly this means we all can go so no complaint from me...) which will include 1) free food! 2) a show by the local lay theater group

• Winner x 8
  7. TheOwlet

was fun! the theater was SUPER TINY and the bit they showed was very funny (Eine ganz heiße Nummer, for the germans in the audience)

for the non-germans: basically a theater play/movie on the premise that three woman in the most catholic corner of german province are in danger of a bankruptcy and open a sex hotline which they gotta keep Super Secret and all the confusion and hidey games this involves.

Had buffet made by the hospital kitchen which was very good also, but then it usually is. Still nice tho

• Winner x 7
  8. TheOwlet

i got three repeats of the pattern on the skirt finished now, and I suspect that once 'Im done I'll have to use the power of Bügelfließ and a lightweight fabric to layer over the inside again to cover up the various stitches but also just to reinforce the fabric.

That said, really happy how it's coming along so far! if i can keep up the speed I'm going at I can finish this in time for next autum to actually wear it

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  9. TheOwlet

unrelated: my mum has made me an advent calender that's basically a cloth shopping bag full of things and every day i can reach in blindly to pull something out and so far it's hard candy things, snack things, a pair of gloves and a pair of earrings and it's just delightful to get a little something every day?

I also bought myself an advent calender because I had no idea she'll do this so I also have a regular thing of chocolate and y'know what? It's good.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  10. TheOwlet

Bath bomb of the day: Chris the Camel, one of these year's xmas seasonals

Ohhh boy it's good. I'm always a slut for spice scents, and this one Grabs your face and holds it down in the mulling spices until you beg for mercy. Black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and a little bit of orange to lighten it up. I live here now.

It's also extremely shiny. Not as much as my beloved Star Bright, but then what is? This one has fine gold glitter. The dry product doesn't look that shiny, but it absolutely is.

Bath water goes a yelliw-green color (not surprised, bomb itself is mostly yellow with some blue and purp.) and the bath bomb takes a long time to dissolve completely. Though maybe that's just because i'm a heathen who took the entire chunky thing and lobbed it in at once. Otherwise this could also reasonably make two baths, if you bisect your camel.

• Winner x 4
  11. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I NEED this thank you for your review and your service

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  12. TheOwlet

I'm going through the slow, slow process of backing all my rp logs into gdocs and uh. UH.

counting from the time we started out big one (which is backed up so far) and and the yet-not-entirely-backed-up second big one, @KaidaShade and me have ALREADY produced well over 1.5mil over the 3.5 years since then.

and that's still missing one entire ~250 pages from the one 'Im working on, and 769 pages of rp log from the OTHER long thing we did concurrently.

Which is to say: it's not that i didn't do any writing in the last few years. I've just done all that writing in cooperation and rp form and good lord have we done a lot of it

• Winner x 8
  13. TheOwlet

The package of this bathsalt: the ideal bathing Temp is 30-36°C, the ideal bathing time is 10 to 20 minutes!

Me: the ideal bathing temp is 'slow cooker', the ideal bathing time is 'until my skin sloughs off'

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
  14. TheOwlet

So last time i was home, my mum showed me a very cute vintage dress that used to belong to my grandma, and it had a cut that seemed like it'd be good with a petticoat

and today my parents visited me and mum brought me the dress to try with my petti and y'know what? I was right. It's cute as fuck.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 12
    • Agree x 1
  15. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

That is FAR too cute!!

• Agree x 3
  16. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I agree with Acey, that is illegal. Absolutely too cute.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

VERY cute

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  18. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

wow v cute!!!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  19. TheOwlet

Stolen from Dave

For Matt:

How do they celebrate their birthday?
    Doesn't. His parents died then, it's not a good day for him.​

Who is the most important person in their life?
    Honestly if he's absolutely forced to choose? Dynas, because he's his most trusted friend.
    What do they wear when they're just at home hanging out?
    Jeans + sweatshirt
    What is their house like?
    Pretty nice. Inherited it, every inch of garden is used and used well. The house is full of comfy vintage stuff, aside from his work rooms.
    Any pets?
    Mod! In so far as familiars count as pets.​

What will always make them smile?
    Mod. Cats in General. Gardening​

What will always make them cry?
    Not a lot tbh. Hel sometimes because She's do overwhelming.​

What's their favorite movie?
    Oh god. No idea. He likes Mrs.Marple and other old crime stuff tho.​

Favorite book?
    Also crime stuff and historical fiction. Death's Enterprise us the fantasy book he's enjoyed in the last decade​

Do they get along with their parents?
    Dead parent, so. No. But he used to get along well.​

If you could put them in a different fictional universe, where would they go?
    Hmmm. I mean currently There's a Destiny Version of him running around (voidlock woooo)​

Favorite Holiday?
    Samhain/Halloween of course​

Tattoos?
    Yep? One large backpiece of a Phoenix, wing spread around his chest, tail feathers winding down to his left knee​

What was their first kiss like?
    Messy and not very good, he was like 14.​

Have they ever lost somebody they loved?
    Parents​

If they find a genie and are granted three wishes, what do they wish for, and why?
    Nothing, he's met fae, tyvm​

They're stranded on an island and can only have four items and one companion, who and what do they bring?
    A GPS beacon, a harpoon, a lot of sunscreen and Bane and Dynas so that he can fly back whenever​

What's a quote (not from their universe) that you associate with them?
    'Real magic cannot be made by offering someone else's liver. You must tear out your own and not expect to get it back' ​

Any romantic interests?
    No romance we die as fuckbuddies like men he's gonna catch the feels later don't worry

What is their most prized possession?
    Mod's no possession, so the bone knife. It's an ancestral ritual object, there's hella magic in it.​

Have they ever stolen anything?
    Well he's kicked a bunch of people out of London when he made his bid for Necromancer...​
    [/QUOTE]

• Winner x 5
  20. TheOwlet

So when my parents were stopping by yesterday they left me with xmas cookies (sister is vegan, was gifted non-vegan cookies, now they're mine) and left over chinese, so my food for tomorrow is sorted

• Winner x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice