Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I tend to side-eye anything that blames "white women" as a collective for something like that, because how the hell would you know the racial demographics of this group? It's not like anyone's taken a survey. Most of these are people acting in the relative anonymity of the internet, because thirsting after the aliens from Predator isn't actually a widely accepted thing to do in public. Sure, White People(TM) are often dumb and clueless and yikes.png both individually and collectively (I've sure been guilty), but when someone looks at the category of "people on the internet who want to fuck monsters" and just assumes that they must be overwhelmingly white women, that kind of makes me suspect that "white" is being used to sugar-coat misogyny.

(Not that I'd actually be surprised if white women turned out to be a disproportionate segment of this group, because Western horror and monster movies have a well-documented weird relationship with white femininity and white women's bodies and when an entire genre is fixated on how unbelievably horrible it would be to a male audience if a monster (that's often a metaphor for an oppressed minority) wanted to have sex with you, that can in fact impact your relationship with the idea of monsters and the fucking thereof, but like. That doesn't make it any more worthy of shame if it's the case.)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Agree x 5
  2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I read the post more as 'this specific subsect of monsterfuckers thst happens to be white and female is Doing It Wrong and not allowed to be monsterfuckers'

Which tbh isn't any better

• Agree x 5
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. TheOwlet

Wworst comes to pass we might be shouldering six oncalls between me and lab SIC
    and frankly that'sthe sort of thing that shoukd never happen but Oh Boy

• Witnessed x 5
  4. TheOwlet

update: won#t have to do friday oncall, god bless, but it's gonna be real rough anyways

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. TheOwlet

Due to having to bridge sickleaves and vacation times, i have done four oncalls in 13 days by next monday, i am tired and desire a tempirary ceasation of existence

Maybe a spa stay too.

And someone else who does my housework and cooking

• Witnessed x 7
  6. TheOwlet

Also some bozo from HR mailed, asking for 'authetic' stories from our work space to feature on employers social media and G o d i am close to giving him a piece of my mind on the issue

• Witnessed x 2
  7. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

From HR? Good heavens, man. That’s PR. Stop it.

8. TheOwlet

i think he just kinda forwarded it from PR but also. please.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    • Agree x 1
  9. TheOwlet

dinner: fish tikka with extra naan, and i got enough bread and sauce left to take to work as punch tomorrow

and i have paneer in cashew sauce, and veg curry with okra for friday and saturday dinner...

• Winner x 4
  10. TheOwlet

That moment you make your ocs suffer because they're idiots and also you wanna write the pain
    And your RP Partner really gets with it. *chefkiss*

(Which is to say: <3 kas)

• Winner x 2
  11. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

listen sometimes u just wanna write angst
    and sometimes i just wanna write angst
    and then our angst powers combine and it is incredibly spicy

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  12. TheOwlet

They Must Suffer

Tbf they will also have a Big Conversation about things later but for now they are in pain, as it should be

• Agree x 1
  13. kastilin

something something cracking eggs for omelettes
    only in this case it's making idiots go thru so much emotional pain for that sweet catharsis later

• Agree x 1
  14. TheOwlet

S o o n

They will actually talk about their feelings and what they want for this relationship Abd it will be GOOD

• Agree x 1
  15. kastilin

it will be so good
    time to find something new for them to get fucked up over, and i have Ideas, and thry are terrible,,,

• Informative x 1
  16. TheOwlet

17. kastilin

O K A Y
    we haven't touched on any of the stuff happening this season, and lyk is kinda fucked up over Things, and by Things i mean savathun doing shit, and that has the potential for spice

18. TheOwlet

Ohhh yes, excellent, high capsaicin content right here
    Ruininous Effigy alone....

19. kastilin

exactly
    and then also the blight gun, and everything with savathún's taken, and then the witness shit, and also the eyes.....
    lyk's gonna have a mental breakdown by the end of this season, basically

• Witnessed x 1
  20. TheOwlet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice