Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

10/10 murder bugs

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Thank you muchly. Shermih is gonna have a considerably better time in the future

• Winner x 1
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

good, i hope so

4. TheOwlet

Mood of the day: it's the day after crimmus and i'm lying in a hot Arnika bath, sipping a mimosa and doing French lessons.
    Food was delicious and i've seen my parents. Tomorrow is oncall but today is good and the most taxing thing i did was cooking.

Parents yesterday loved my crimmus dinner (local trout on potatos and parsley root, with lemon and a cream-white wine sauce).

Vaccines are being rolled out. My sewing projects are going well. Life is good, or as good as it's going to be.

• Winner x 5
  5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Oh that sounds like it was a rad dinner. We had pozole that I had made. Which is like...a Mexican pork stew? You basically cook a roast with the bone in for a good long while to get a broth going. Then you add in a chili based sauce to flavor it. It's one of the Christmas things we make...

• Winner x 2
  6. TheOwlet

Oh that sounds real good too.... I might try that next crimmus, i do love me a good stew-like thing.

The trout thing is fairly easy, i went for it because there's a trout hatchery in the next village so i could get super fresh.

Basically you just butter some tinfoil, put on your chopped veg + seasoning, the fish, put seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic) and lemon slices in the fish, more lemon slices on top, spoon/pour over some heavy cream and white wine, wrap the tinfoil up tight and Bake until done

7. Aondeug

I can give you the recipe for it! The only thing that might be hard might be finding the peppers you need for it? And the hominy. But so long as you can find those two things you are like. Gucci. Since it's just taking the roast and boiling that for an hour to make the broth...Then you like make THE SAUCE. And after that you add the hominy and the sauce in and cook for another hour. And eat with raw cabbage, radish, onion and lime. Is tasty.

Also that sounds good. Reminds me of this one Japanese salmon in foil recipe that I found? That's really tasty. This one.

8. TheOwlet

please! The peppers would be the bigger problem, I think? Since as far as I know, hominy is very similar to polenta, which i absolutely CAN get.

That said I'm not the most spice-resistant person on the planet so I may have to go easier on the peppers anyhow just to keep it edible for my poor european mouth.

(over raw cabbage sounds so good tho. raw cabbage is the most superior form of cabbage)

'fish in foil with sides' is just such a good recipe thing. Easy cleanup. easy prep. Just throw it all together on the foil and heat until done.

9. TheOwlet

I'm rping with a friend and due to a one-off in character remark... I have grown a whole new OC

brain??? please???

• Winner x 6
  10. TheOwlet

spent 11h yesterday in a raid until my brain all but melted out of my ears.

God the Divinity run is a fucking marathon and the Sanctified Mind needs to Fuck Off Extremely.

• Witnessed x 3
  11. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I’m someone who cannot start a game unless I’m gonna binge it, like I’m gonna have trouble hyping myself up to do literally anything else for a few days including eating and sleeping, and yet that sounds like pure torture?

12. TheOwlet

It was torture but also fun?

Raids....are like that. The issue with this specific one is that to get the special reward I was going after, the entire thing has to be done in one instance. You can't checkpoint and come back the next day, you either do it or you fail

And lemme tell you, failing is real easy in this

13. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

yea normally raid attempts range from like. 2 to 4 hours depending on how used everyone is to the raid in question, and if it takes longer you can just take the L, keep the checkpoint and try again later in the week. But divinity is hell

• Agree x 1
  14. TheOwlet

Yeah when we did Last Wish, we went from boss cp, bonked out head against it until we got the final stretch CP and then left and came abck the next day for more head-bonking. Divinity....Divinity says 'eat or die'

15. TheOwlet

NTS: ask mum if he giant orca plushie 1) still lives in the attic 2) can be mine

• Winner x 2
  16. TheOwlet

Have asked her, time to wait for reply

17. TheOwlet

update: giant orca plushie will be mine next time i get home though who knows when that will be

• Winner x 5
  18. TheOwlet

I know that gig economy is like A Thing

but also I think it's lowkey evil and a way to remove people from a secure financial income and shuffle them over into 'self-employed' and thus loosing them possible employment benefits. Like, at least in Germany, most all kinds of employment come with 'payments into health insurance, retirement and caretaking insurances'. Except there's a lil rule that people below a certain wage treshhold don't necessarily fall into it. You can still opt to pay into retirement but it's no longer a requirement.

And while I can see how some people might like the self-determination/flexibility thing, judging by what I'm seeing from friends, it's actually extremely stressful to get together the money to actually live because you always, always gotta be on the lookout for stuff.

Meanwhile I myself? I show up to work at regular hours and when I'm done I'm done. I can go home and kick back. And while I'm sure that there's people who do better with a super flexible schedule, I feel like the wide spread of gig economy is not that great for many people.

Never mind the 'but side jobs' argument which like. If the problem is 'my fulltime job doesn't pay me enough to live on' then that's another, deeper seated problem and again gig economy doesn't actually solve it. If anything it makes it worse.

And that's not the fault of the people participating in it trying to make ends meet but lord help me am I squinting at all the big companies that make money from it. LOOKING AT YOU UBER.

• Agree x 3
  19. Aondeug

I've detested the gig economy for a while now but I am detesting more and more now that Prop 22 passed in California. It was basically just a way for Uber and Lyft to weasel their way out of a lawsuit they were stuck in about how they were denying their drivers employee benefits under California state law. People bought it up though because Uber, Lyft and Doordash poured ungodly amounts into the yes campaign. Incidentally, I've also been getting really sick of being able to fund campaigns like that. Since it basically turns American politics into a money game. Which side has the most money to fund the most aggressively deceitful campaign? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON AMERICAN POLITICS.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

It's also often a way to try to kill unions. Like, the cab companies are all unionized, so Uber sets their rates unsustainably low to undercut them until the unionized cab companies go out of business, then Uber raises the rates once the competition is gone, and you can sure bet they don't raise the drivers' wages along with them.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice