Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Matt: NO. Neither version of him.
    Geme: also no, she's got the better sibling
    Ariel: can literally taste the emotional rancidness. No
    The Hunter: yes, for funsies
    Ena: no, her sexual orientation is 'no'
    Shermih, murderbug edition: No, she has nice people interested in her, why go for the weirdly boney human?
    Shermih, ladybug: Only If Her Mum Arranged It

• Like x 2
  2. TheOwlet

Matt: Hell Yeah (would potentially offer to trade her a pint of blood, depending on the drink)
    Geme: Yes. Will like like polite enjoyment even if the drink is The Worst
    Ena: yes. Listen you cannot hurt an Exo with booze
    Shermih, murderbug: yes, out of curiosity. Will probably regret it
    Petric: Yes, because listen he's already dead

Popcorning off this: which of your OCs would go partying with Matt?

• Winner x 1
  3. TheOwlet

Matt: yes. has made that mistake in NorseHell, would make it again
    Geme: No. Wrong gender, also: too disaster
    Shermih (either): Absolutely NOT
    The Hunter: yes. takes Maikel to his lil fae realm. Calls Matt a week later to help him get this weird man off his interestingly shaped dick and out of his realm again.
    Updraft: regretably, yes.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. TheOwlet

Matt: yes absolutely. Won't be his first orgy, won't be his last.
    Geme: yes. She knows exactly how to behave too
    Shermih, ladybug: accepts, under the impression that this is a regular dinner party. Dies of embarassed when she realizes It's Not. Hides in Fog Cloud for the rest of the evening
    Ena: No
    The Hunter AND the Tower Raven: hell yeah bring out the peeled grapes and naked entertainment

• Winner x 3
  5. TheOwlet

So i've recently taken stock of my pantry contents, and came up with a lot if like. Dried fruit and similar. So i decided to Start getting rid if them through the power of Müsli.

Current run: half a bag of ground hazelnuts, which i caramelized, dried mulberry/gojiberry mix, half a bag puffed amaranth, fill rest if jar with oats. It's pretty good! I'll try it with plain yogurt instead of milk in the future.

Ideas for future runs, based on 'things in NY pantry which need using':

dried strawberry, choco shavings, rest of amaranth, oats.

Dried mango/melon, coconut chips which i may also caramelize, yet more amaranth if any is left, maybe crystalized ginger, oats

And i think at that point i should have caught up with a lot of my current hoard and then we'll see what's left.

(I should note: a lot if this is stuff my mum Mailed me/put into my past Advent calenders, or things i only needed a little off for a recipe but even the smallest packet size had a good amount of leftovers. So they just kinda. Accumulate.)

• Winner x 3
  6. TheOwlet

so no fireworks are being sold in germany this year in an effort to not also have hospitals already swamped with covid cases also handling the numerous people who yearly explode their hands off

and like. I understand completely! i support this! small stuff like sparkles and such is still being sold. So in an effort to keep a NYE tradition going albeit adapted to the situation I thought i could buy some sparklers and put them in the outside windowsill flower pot except i was at THREE supermarkets today and not a single sparkler between them.

So tomorrow i will try two different ones, and if not...i'm gonna light a candle and burn a paper with '2021' written on it because good grief this year needs to leave with a kick in the butt. Fucker.

• Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  7. TheOwlet

work schedule changes so that now my oncall shifts start at 2pm instead of noon and lemme tell you: that really works for me.

I get up at 10am, well rested usually, got time to fuck about, do a bit of gaming, whatever. And then I still have time to do some minor cleanups. I have conquered my dish mountain piecemeal. I've done smaller maintenance cleaning things that I never get around to otherwise, like throwing my blankets in the wash, because that can happen in the background and I got time to hang them to dry before I leave.

It's just. really nice how much starting late has improved my ability to Do Things because...after work I'm usually too tired? But now I can do things Before Work, at least one day a week and man. Man. It's working.

• Like x 3
  8. TheOwlet

i think i found the ideal muesli component mix for me

base: oats (blütenzart)
    one kind of dried fruit
    one kind of nut, chopped/crushed/sliced
    one kind of puffed cereal bit for Texture
    a sugary component, though this one can also be combined with one of the others. I've done a good amount of caramelizing nuts and then smashing the thing apart into edible bits.

optional: spices, like cinnamon in the caramel or some such

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Like x 2
  9. TheOwlet

my current run is 'dried mulberries, hazelnuts, popped spelt, and a bit of marzipan that i cut into little squares and let air dry to be avoid sticking'

also i found that i prefer my muesli mixed into plain yogurt with a little milk to thin it out, so i get something that's not quite porrige but lives somewhere in the neighbourhood of that texture.

10. TheOwlet

Update: mulberry and Marzipan is a ballet Combo and people are sleeping on it

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

stares at my mulberry tree
    stares at my marzipan
    contemplates

• Winner x 1
  12. TheOwlet

Join meeeee

There's some notes in the mulberry that meld so well with the marzipan

13. TheOwlet

Did a lil Matt picrew

[​IMG]

Things you see seconds before you get rendered down to the cellular levels for Crimes Against The Peace Between Undead, Dead, And Living

• Winner x 6
  14. TheOwlet

I've done a surprising amount of writing actually recently? finished a short chaptered fic, and a oneshot, and I have another oneshot in the works, and another chaptered fic that'll be a longer one if i can just find my words for it

• Winner x 6
  15. TheOwlet

Hello it's time

[​IMG]
    (stolen from Dave, naturally)

• Like x 5
  16. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

17. TheOwlet

maladjusted: Control Issues, sadism

18: hmmm. Never considered that... something from fae-verse from not-poignant. So tasty. So dark.

13: well it's destiny 2, so the three top billed are: cayde-6, ikora, zavala: so uh. Cayde's already dead so that's kill, and then...marry Zavala and fuck Ikora i guess listen the man is husband material i can smell it

• Winner x 1
  18. TheOwlet

16: uhh, don't have a favourite but i sure USE a lot of 'graphic depictions of violence' at least in rp

17: turned on, for the most part. I do be writing a lot of smut. Or emotions other than sad!

4: I don't write in public anymore, but i used to write in the margins at school. In a made up alphabet based on arabic so nobody could read my bullshit.

• Winner x 2
  19. TheOwlet

[yoinks this]

20. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

-kicks door in- MATT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice