Owl Blogging

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheOwlet, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Current pile of stock scraps is:

Potato, carrott, onion and garlic skin, some tomato cut offs, some zucchini ends, passionfruit...Peel? Skin? The outside.

Soon to be joined by rhubarn skin, strawb tops and some ginger peel

• Winner x 2
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

soup stock <333 ive been collecting scraps for the past few months and now have a tupperware and two bread bags full of assorted veggie scraps and meat bones. I was gonna wait until a weekend I actually wanted to make soup but it's getting to be enough I might just make the stock and freeze it.

I'm interested to hear what kind of flavor strawberry tops give, I didn't know they were even edible!

3. TheOwlet

i usually make smaller batches of stock since i don't have a particularly huge stockpot so i'm a bit limited with how much i can fit in there.

I've heard strawberry tops described as 'black tea, but sweeter' if turned into tea, so I decided to just give it a shot and see what comes out

• Like x 2
  4. TheOwlet

...actually i'm gonna go boil some water and dunk two strawb tops in and will report back in ten minutes

• Like x 2
  5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

gods i am so curious as to what the report will be because that sounds questionable to me

• Agree x 2
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

on the other hand if they are good you could start adding them to tea blends

7. Aondeug

indeed! which is another reason i am invested!

• Like x 1
  8. TheOwlet

okay slight late but:

i used two strawb tops to a cup, so the green bits and some red underneath where i cut it up.

Result: smells like strawb and tastes faintly like it too. I get where people came up with the black tea thing. There's a dillute astringent note that's not bad actually. I legit might try and make cup with more tops the next time i get strawbs in, which since they're in season now might not take so long.

• Informative x 4
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I'm gonna try this! as soon as strawberries show up at the farmers market

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Like x 1
  10. Aondeug

ooh

• Like x 1
  11. TheOwlet

plan for tomorrow:
    • hairdresser at 10am
    • afterwards garden center
    • put car at the nice parking lot by the river, walk to bubble tea shop + bank, GET BUBBLE TEA
    • walk back past car to grocery store, get groceries
    • Henna hair??
    Hopefully it won't be too late but if it is, 2nd run of tomato risotto is gonna be in the evening and i'll just have the bubble tea and some bread for lunch

• Winner x 6
  12. TheOwlet

Café in town joined 2g2g so i'm trying that tomorrow!

• Winner x 2
  13. TheOwlet

Also gonna try my double-brewed stock idea tomorrow

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. TheOwlet

update: the stock is the most amazing color (red onion skins + red rhubarb peel!) and it's really complex in a good way? sweet and bitter and tart and savoury all at once....i did RIGHT with this.

• Winner x 6
  15. TheOwlet

@kastilin know that I am stuck without my phone at work because I left it at home like a smart person.

16. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

OH RIP
    i see u still have access to kintsu so i guess i will just have to drag horrible things here for u to read >:3

17. TheOwlet

Yeah work cellphone lets me log in, at least!

18. TheOwlet

When you're writing a rather fucked up fic and you wanna talk about it to people but the audience who'd enjoy it is HIGHLY limited and also you need like 5 trigger warnings on the fic

but god. wanna talk about it. hrrrrr

• Witnessed x 3
  19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Even if I'm not the target audience I am available to talk about it :> (no pressure of course, but if you want to. No judgement here. Also I enjoy a lot of things. But I do get it if I just don't have the background)

• Agree x 1
  20. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

can confirm the words are a fucking delight

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice