Owlet's Embroidery/Sewing Boogaloo

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by TheOwlet, Aug 18, 2018.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

cannon finished too!

plan for tomorrow/tuesday: plot out legs, cut out legs, try to decide if I actually wanna do the little fiddly applications or naw

[​IMG]

• Winner x 8
  2. TheOwlet

Legs cut, head cut.

Tomorrow will be Leg Day

• Winner x 2
  3. TheOwlet

L E G G I E

[​IMG]

now have 3/4 of the necessary limbs. Went out today to get some bonus supplies (some black felt for the ravage ears, some blue felt for his helm thingy, scrap fabric for ravage compartment) and i feel like i'm progressing well? I can do the little helm deco thingy tomorrow, leg on friday and then the head with all it's fiddly parts will happen on saturday I lied i did that bit today too because fuckit. Will instead cut out the hip parts on thursday so that hipconstruction can happen on sunday and I can start stuffing the legs

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  4. TheOwlet

Hips cut, 'buttons' put on!

• Winner x 2
  5. TheOwlet

LEG FINISHED!!

All limbs present and accounted for now! Tomorrow: the hips so that i can finish up the lower body.

• Winner x 5
  6. TheOwlet

*crawls in and collapses with hurting back*

i did it. the head is done. the most complex fiddly bit. The zipper will be hard to do but at least it will be larger and much not as many single parts. this was...8 separate parts when i cut it out. Lord have mercy.
    BEHOLD
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 3
  7. TheOwlet

Finished the hips, attached the legs and stuffed them! Half a soundy exists now

[​IMG]

Plan for tomorrow: cut out back, attach back, attach arms to back

• Winner x 4
  8. TheOwlet

it's a damn good thing that I tested if the fabric marker works on the white fleece I wanted to use for the 'glass' of the cassette deck because it bleeds like fuck

fortunately during my last resource gathering I bought a bunch of scrap felt for cheap, in white. There's enough of it to make the Ravage compartment AND all three glasses out of it but Fuck Me that could have been very frustrating tomorrow

Now I can just let the marker dry and fixate it tomorrow and be done with that part. Go Me.

• Winner x 3
  9. TheOwlet

cassette deck cover: DONE

and most importantly: pinned the zipper in place and it FITS!!! it goes around the corner and opens easily and god I am unreasonably proud of myself there.
    Also because to fixate the decepticon symbol on the chest the instructions for the fabric marker said to 'iron at cotton temperature' except the felt isn't... cotton... it's some kinda synthetic... and melted a little bit onto the iron....
    I rescued it and fixed the waves it made but MOMENT OF FEAR

As a result, soundy will not be washable because I'm not actually sure if the color is fixated At All.

[​IMG]

10. TheOwlet

you know a projects going well when you start being vain about it. I realized that the inside of the cassette deck is looking kinda ugly, which is not a problem per se because it's inside, technically.... except when you open the deck and see all the ugly threads.
    So I lined it with a bit of extra white fleece and LO it looks much neater now. pleased. Very pleased.

11. TheOwlet

He's taking shape!

let to do: both torso sides, the top across the shoulders, attach head, stick front parts together, attach front to rest!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  12. TheOwlet

So I'm already plotting what materials to order for the tiny Ravages

and then realized that they need a teeny tiny decepticon symbol on the leg. That's way smaller than any stencil I could make, or fabric marker I could use. So clearly the solution is to buy purple embroidery yarn and... enbroider a decepticon symbol onto the leggy.

I am a parody of myself.

• Winner x 6
  13. TheOwlet

CODY DON'T RATE THAT WINNER YOU'RE ENABLING ME adfsghfghjh

• Winner x 3
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

And your point is?

15. TheOwlet

I see I will have no choice but to embroider many a decepticon symbol onto any a fleece kitty.

• Agree x 1
  16. TheOwlet

i have cut all the parts for soundy I still need (other side, top of the shoulders) and i have...so much fabric left. SO MUCH. I mean that's great because I gotta make two more but. talk about me being bad at portion control when it comes to fabric.

17. TheOwlet

SO CLOSE

will take a break tomorrow to have a nice bubble bath and then on saturday engage in the last portion of this: construct front, attach front, fill.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 4
  18. TheOwlet

[​IMG]

pinned him together for the first time!! I'm so pleased as to how he turned out, holy shit.

• Winner x 6
  19. TheOwlet

I HAVE DONE IT I AM FINISHED!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner x 6
  20. TheOwlet

So i bought the embroidery yarn for the teeeeeny 'con symbol today and immediately gave it a test run because I've never done embroidery with this technique or material before, so here we are:

[​IMG]

I just realized it'S the size of my dang thumbnail holy shit. Also the photo wasn't kind, it looks smoother irl.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice