Owlet's Embroidery/Sewing Boogaloo

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by TheOwlet, Aug 18, 2018.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

@Codeless that tip with the pillow works GREAT for the long lines holy shit. MY fingers hurt so much less now tgat i don't gotta apply tension with them

• Winner x 1
  2. TheOwlet

Half of it done! I'm very pleased with this, all in all.

• Winner x 1
  3. TheOwlet

A thought: what if i encorporate some gold thread in my autumn leafs border? Just for accenting some leafs very lightly

• Winner x 2
  4. TheOwlet

Further thoughts:

Since i get my initial colors from my mum's leftover yarn stock, there will be a lot of color variation, which i think will look lovely with an autmn theme.

Ideas for things to include: Ahorn, Eiche, Rotbuche maybe? Linde for sure, Hagebutten, maybe some Getreide/Hafer as connective element between repeats?

Stitches i want (subject to change...): long-and-short, French knot, satin stitch, fishbone, splitstitch

I might have to slim it down since i don't wanna end a TON of weight to the fabric but...big showoff project...

• Winner x 1
  5. TheOwlet

3 sides done now, so finally putting this down since it's Too dark to go on and the neon lights make bad noise so i refuse to turn that on

6. TheOwlet

THE FIRST PANEL IS DONE GOOD BLESS

[​IMG]

• Winner x 2
  7. TheOwlet

further autumn border thoughts:

if i put two or three rosehips and an acorn, i can use that neat as hell looking 'knitted' stitch for the hood of the acorn and i'd love that, i think.

also: the skirt comes with two attached decorative 'laces' that are, i think, wide enough to hold a rosehip each too. i'm gonna have to...experiment a lil cause the back would be visible.....

8. TheOwlet

Half of the second panel is done, go me! I feel that 'sew at oncall' is a very good method to make progress.

• Winner x 2
  9. TheOwlet

Finished the second panel! I can put it on the headend tomorrow and start on the straps for the final biiiiig panel

Gonna go Mats shopping tomorrow, with some luck i'll also acquire mending things and tge red felt for the KO plushie

• Winner x 1
  10. TheOwlet

ok, so I'm on the sewing together of the last panel, and i think I'm working reasonably quickly, so I'm kinda hoping to get it finished this week.

which means that I can potentially launch myself into the pattern for the KO plushie before getting the mats for the big skirt embroidery - which I need to design the pattern for, too but that shouldn't take too long.

11. TheOwlet

Sewed and seamed half of the last panel. I'm def finishing this fuck this week.

12. TheOwlet

I have finished the last panel!!!

Next up: starting to plot the KO plushie

• Winner x 1
  13. TheOwlet

i have started KOnstruction aka 'tfp!KO as a plushie, for my best friend'

and boy lemme tell you. i thought soundy was hard but naw, soundy had fiddly parts and had a zipper and pocket but at least he was made out of squares and rectangles and not fucking trapezoids and curves, like KO is. ffs. BUT i have constructed a leg. I will try to construct maybe a hip tomorrow but ffs. this leg. This fucking leg. I have produced a lot more cardboard waste than intended.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. TheOwlet

honestly this is gonna take longer than soundy but I'm...making good progress? I think? THe model is having a full torso and a leg so technically I just gotta finagle out an arm and head and be done with it?

[​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  15. TheOwlet

So, attaching the shoulder flarebits is gonna be a bit of a pain...idea: stick tge three layers together first, the attach inside, as invisibly as possible. Sew in black fleece as cover as needed

Gonna attach that entire curl part separate from tge chest i think, making it individual stuffed chambers since i gotta sew it down in a visible way anyhows.

Also: consider applications on chest front on sides, and How Do Wheels?

16. TheOwlet

Update: have...ideas on wheels. Will consider tomorrow. But i do suspect that i'm gonna need more red felt, woohoo.

Also:where the hell does KO have his badge? Because if i can't find it i'm gonna give him a tramp stamp and nobody can stop me

17. TheOwlet

There will be so much embroidery on this... Stupid detailed sexy bastard.

18. TheOwlet

I'm so fucking proud of this. take this, plushie making hubris!

• Winner x 1
  19. TheOwlet

20. TheOwlet

y'know, my favourite moment in sewing a plushie is when you take the flat bits that you cut out and start to put them back together and it just fits and looks almost exactly like you wanted to

because like, while it's all flat it never looks quite right and I always have that niggling suspicion in the back of my head that somewhere a bunch of dead old mathematicians are laughing at me because geometry kicked my entire ass during the template building phase

but no. No, it is in fact I who laughs at dead old mathematicians because it fits and it works and it looks GOOD on top of it! Take this, geometry! you cannot best me!

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice