Owlet's Embroidery/Sewing Boogaloo

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by TheOwlet, Aug 18, 2018.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

[​IMG]
    FINISHED IT BABEY

• Winner x 4
  2. TheOwlet

I am making a new ghostie, this time for a friend i can't play with because they're on a console and i'm on PC

Might also do that for another friend, depending on his pick of shells

Truly this is my hole, it's made for me

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. TheOwlet

[​IMG]

I am a sewing god

which is to say: the applique on the backside is all done

• Winner x 3
  4. TheOwlet

okay so, list of ghosties that still need making:

gilded (missing some filigree, otherwise done)
    armory forged
    rimed
    tyrant
    kitbash (help)

• Winner x 1
  5. TheOwlet

Gilded shell: DONE

Armory Forged: parts cut.

• Winner x 1
  6. TheOwlet

oops [dusts this thread off]

so uh, I made all of those, plus some more. All in all 14 ghosties have been made and i picked up a new project

The droppod shell is gonna be extremely rude because Oh God Raised Edges but I have an idea of how to do that.

Gonna sew a regular round base like for the Gilded/constricted shells, with some prelim false seams in tactical place. BUT then i'm gonna try and pin the raised parts over the fully stuffed base and fill those sew on-top parts, which should give me the silouette I want.

not sure yet if i need to make the 'rise' out of extra strips of fabric, or if i can just make the baseline X pattern bigger and fold it over and define it via false seams to give it the right edges but I think to find out which works, i'm gonna make mockups out of the huge amount of blue fleecce I have and see which one works better. May also have to figure out how to incorporate the midline ridge...

Regardless, this thing will have SO MUCH ladder stitch, god

7. TheOwlet

update:

i came, i sew, i conquered

well, conquering still but uh. I worked out how to make fleece do some fucking angular shapes and i'm unreasonably proud of myself for working that one out because it was HARD but the backside is finished we're ignoring that one orientational flaw in the false seams so with some luck, i'll be able to wrap up the entire thing over the weekend. There's gonna be one extra ornament to go onto one of the front pieces but aside from that i got Business As Usual and now that my technique and approach have been refined, should be smooth sailing. maybe 5h of work, if i include the cutting (which should also go faster now that i worked out a good way to get that done too

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice