P.C. Hodgell's Kencyrath series

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Morven, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

and tori wasn't a little shit

;-;

;-;

MY BOY YES THIS IS HOW YOU GROW UP BY SAVAGELY HITTING YOUR SISTER IN THE HEAD ROMANTICALLY

2. Aondeug

3. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

on a linguistics note: have you thought about the kind of Kens the Builders would have?
    like were they present on the same world as the Three People proper at least some of the time until the last one? or did they vamoose to prepare the next world as soon as the rest needed the current one and never meet again after their initial mission statement moment?

if the first i could see their language kind of leapfrogging from archaic to modern and back each time they have to catch up. but if its the second? holy shit. that would be practically a whole different (but related) language at that point! prolly like trying to compare Sanskrit to English but MUCH more so

• Like x 1
  4. Aondeug

I'VE NOT NO. Sadly like all my thoughts have been spent on Star Warysrath. Which I am writing...a fourth fic for.

i will double the fic count of the whole archive with my star wars au

5. Aondeug

The cast list for Star Warsyrath:

• Jame NEEDS A LAST NAME WHAT IS TIRANDYS' LAST NAME - Mandalorian bounty hunter and current head of Tirandys' clan. Adopts ragtag weirdos like Rue. Attracts wookies for some reason. Cannot use swords to save her soul and crashes ships, but by gods is she good with a blaster and her hands.
    • Tori ALSO NEEDS TIRANDYS'S LAST NAME - Former Mandalorian, but left to join the Jedi Order after nearly killing Jame in anger with a Force push. Student of Master Knorth, and unofficial protegee of Master Ardeth. Nervous. Would do much better if he just left and became a Mando.
    • Tirandys - Mandalorian bounty hunter that used to work for Gerridon. Left and stole the dancing girl that is the Dreamweaver. Raised her two kids as his own after she died. DIED TRAGICALLY.
    • The Dreamweaver - Former dancing girl of Gerridon's. Ran away with Tirandys and was adopted by him. Had a love affair with Ganth before he fucked off like a coward. DIED TRAGICALLY.
    • Ganth - Jedi Master. Had a fling with the Dreamweaver but got scared and left her. Hates that he has children. Secretly still REALLY wants the Dreamweaver's ass. Will probably be livid once he finds out that she used to be Gerridon's sex slave and was killed by his men.
    • Gerridon the Hutt - A crimelord. A massive asshole. Out to kill the rest of Tirandys' clan in revenge.
    • Gorbel the Hutt - Son of Caldane but left the family to run his own information brokerage. Works closely with Jame's clan.
    • Caldane the Hutt - A prick.
    • Lyra the Hutt - LOVES JAME SO MUCH YOU GUYS HOLY SHIT.
    • Kallystine the Hutt - she of whom we do not speak. Hates both the twins.
    • Rue - Former civilian. Now one of Jame's clan. Keeps the armor scarily clean.
    • Brier - Former soldier. Fought in some shitty civil war somewhere no one cares about really. Now one of Jame's clan.
    • Niall - Part of Jame's clan.
    • Dar - Part of Jame's clan.
    • Erim - Part of Jame's clan.
    • Damson - Part of Jame's clan. Seems to be Force sensitive.
    • Mint - Former dancing girl. Part of Jame's clan.
    • Marc - A wookie with a lifedebt to Jame after she saved him from slavers.
    • Bear - Also a wookie. Teaches Jame exciting wookie martial arts that involve ripping people's fucking arms off. Everyone is terrified of him.
    • Harn - ALSO A WOOKIE.
    • Rawneth - A Sith Lord. Has a stupid name like DARTH MALEVOLENZ. Fucking ALSO A SITH Greshan. Wants to capture Ganth for reasons. Tortured Tori.
    • Greshan - A Sith Lord. Wants his brother back to fuck and fuck with. Amused by Tori. Probably hates Jame.
    • Ishtier - A Shit Tier Jedi. Gets his head crushed beneath Jame's crushgaunts. Working for Rawneth
    • Kindrie - Kicked out of the Jedi Order for working with the Sith. Former servant of Rawneth. Escaped. Works as an illegal healer now. Hated by Tori for being a TRAITOR. Jame likes him because shut up he is mine now.
    • Grimly - A gurlanin. Best friends with Tori and spends most of his time off Qiilura. Spends a lot of his time posing as a human or rodian poet.
    • Vant - A rodian bounty hunter with a huge grudge against Jame for a stupid invalid reason.
    • Aden - A Mandalorian human in the Death Watch or a philosophical equivalent group. Hates Jame.
    • Adric - A Jedi Master. Knows that Ganth had a son and suspects that he has a daughter. Manipulating Tori to further his own interests in the Council.
    • Pereden - A Jedi Knight. Adric's padawan. Very jealous of the attention Tori gets from his master. Has tried to accuse Tori of breaking the rule of a single padawan to each master. Was told to fuck off. Is now trying to get Tori killed.
    • Jorin - A blind and cowardly strill. Acts more like a house pitten than anything else. Jame's pet since childhood.
    • Twizzle - A very tiny akk dog that belongs to Gorbel. He loves it dearly.

• Like x 2
  6. VJ Wocky

would the name jami gave as a last name (but not house name) work for the starwars au?

Talissen, i think

7. Aondeug

Thst would work yes. CLAN TALISSIEN OR WHATVER FUCJ IT WAS.

8. Aondeug

9. Aondeug

i feel so lonely

10. VJ Wocky

something going on? you need to talk? you can pm me

11. Aondeug

Oh no I'm fine. Beyond being kind of bummed that wow I know like...5 people tops who read these things and would have any interest in what I write? Though I guess there's my moirail who reads the shit and listens to me ramble even if he doesn't read the books himself. That's different from talking with like you or Morven though who actually know the shit.

12. VJ Wocky

so the problem is not being hipster enough? ;]

but yeah, in all seriousness, i can see how that would suck
    not nearly as fun to gush over a story and related AUs when you have to keep explaining who's who and what's what and the Significance Of It All. mostly because after a while it can get exhausting

we could always try being internet mormons about it. all HAVE YOU HEARD OF OUR DARK SAVIOR JAME? but somehow i don't think that'll help X]

13. Aondeug

YES. THAT. FUCK. Like I love Steven Universe a lot but I just don't feel my weird drive to write fanfics or make AUs and talk about them with it. I guess there is Homestuck which I still adore but my fondness for that is now just kind of simmering.

Also that suggestion just makes me think of attempting to recruit people to some thinly veiled popculture pagan faith centered around the Tyr-ridan. Alas I am not that much of a manipulative shitfuck and also I am lazy.

14. Aondeug

Though apparently not lazy enough from stopping me writing four fics recently. LET'S MAKE IT FIVE. FUCK IF I KNOW WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT NOW THOUGH. I DUNNO. JEDI TORI ADVENTURES? Fuck I dunno.

man he'd look cool with a lightsaber though

i mean

he's still tori so he's still kind of super lame but

Imagine him. With a lightsaber. Whoooooom Psssszzzzzz.

15. VJ Wocky

was mostly a joke along the lines of Jenovah's Witness (FFVII) anyway
    i never said i was funny

he'd be like the pissiest jedi in the history of jedi (short of the skywalkers maybe) XD

fuck i mean he DOES kind of have a My Father Is Darth Vader thing going on

although its more "my father is Pissy Vader and my mom is Darth Vader's Mistress"

like he's already kind of doing the Ben Solo/Organa thing but NOT a giant pissbaby about it because he'd not a fanboy of his own ancestor
    hangups about said ancestor? sure. fanboy worshipping the ground he once walked on? not so much

16. Aondeug

AU wise he isn't aware that Ganth is their father. Biological father anyway. As per Mando culture he views his father as having been Tirandys, given that the man adopted him and Jame after the Dreamweaver was MURDERED BY THE FAT SLUG GERRIDON. Either way to him Ganth is just his rather dickish Jedi master who probably has a point where it concerns abusing him and mocking him constantly. Probably.

(ganth doesn't. the only reason is "how dare you live and also be here. CONSTANTLY AS PROOF OF MY SHAME. and how dare you look like your mom this is fucked up and i have a boner." ganth is in fact probably hoping tori dies while out and about one day. he was in fact vaguely hoping that rawneth would kill him. alas. ALAS.)

He is definitely a very pissy Jedi though. One who probably needs to and probably will have to leave the Jedi Order because holy shit this fucking sucks and I'm in a cult?

17. Aondeug

And Adric is just sitting around biding his time and being an asshole. OHOHOHOHO JEDI COUNCIL POWER GRABS. YOUR STUDENT IS INDEBTED TO ME GANTH AND ALSO I KNOW WHAT HE IS.

ohohohohoho

so clever

so controlling

Gods I fucking hate Adric.

18. VJ Wocky

ah i forgot you already had a version of this (how? sleep deprivation. insomnia is fun)

i was thinking more direct translation of the books into star wars and yeah, wocky, that's not the same thing at all

19. Aondeug

Pff it's ok. It's late.

But yeah my aus tend to be of the "Take the characters and stick them in a new world. MAKE NEW STORIES" sort. Hence why we have Mandalorian Jame and Tori. Though Tori is now an edge case as to whether he still counts as actually Mandalorian. Brier's answer is a very curt "No".

20. VJ Wocky

new stories are good
    take the bits you like and run in new directions with them!
    makes life more interesting
    like running psychological science but theoretically

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice