Peripheral Liveblogs Radiant Historia

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by peripheral, Jun 28, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

You can finish most non-boss fights in one or two rounds, especially if you knock them out first. The best tactic is generally to herd as many enemies as you can together and then hit them with a strong attack; at the start that's usually Raynie's magic, especially if you buy magic-boosting accessories as soon as possible and stack them on her. Everything on a square takes damage when you hit one thing on that square.

Your combo breaks if you don't target at least one of the same enemies you hit with the last attack. Using different types of attacks- e.g. a physical skill like Push Assault and then a magic skill and then a normal attack- builds your combo faster. Once you get Air Assault, that's a good one to use before the strongest hit of a combo, since they take damage when they land based on how much damage they took in the air and launch skills count as a different attack type from others.

Once you get Steal (hello, small adorable overpowered dancing child)- most enemies have more than one item to steal, and you have to steal the first one before you can get the second one. Most of them are basic expendable items, but some have decent stuff, especially bosses. Steal rates are better with a high combo level, and both steal and item drop rates are improved by higher luck.

If you fight every enemy you see once, you'll be comfortably overleveled the whole game. Skip too many and there are one or two points where you might need to go back to grind, but only one of them is really annoying.

This is an Atlus game, so status effects are really useful. A lot of enemies are weak to sleep and poison, even some bosses, and they stick to most things that aren't weak to them too. And they don't wear off. If you put an enemy to sleep, you can Change all its turns with impunity, because it'll stay asleep until you hit it.

DO SIDEQUESTS. There are a ton of them, because Stocke is physically incapable of seeing someone having a minor life problem without wanting to help them solve it. They give good rewards, and the ones with associated bad ends need to be cleared to get the true ending. Basically, talk to all the NPCs, and do it again after chapter changes (they've almost all got new dialogue when that happens). If you explore well enough, that'll find you the start of every sidequest in the game but one (and the requirements for that one are BS- I can tell you late if you want). Or just look up a walkthrough that tells you how to find them. :::PPP

EDIT: Oh, and if you lose track of what the hell you're supposed to be doing, you can check the White Chronicle from the menu.
    [/sperg]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    • Like x 2
  2. LadyNighteyes

Oh, and you can skip scenes with Start. The game never tells you this, but it will save you enormous pain when you're returning to a node that starts with three cutscenes for the tenth time.

• Like x 1
  3. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

OH MY GOD HEISS YOU'RE BAD AT VAGUENESS
    "The truth about the continent... oooo mysterious words... wooo"

• Like x 2
  4. peripheral

ROSCH IF YOU WERE ANY MORE BLATANTLY IN LOVE YOU WOULD HAVE HEARTEYES

also why is there only one rosch/stoche fanfic on ao3 and why is it weird and dark.

• Like x 2
  5. peripheral

seriously can i just hide these three useless dorks away somewhere safe plz

• Like x 1
  6. LadyNighteyes

I have wondered this for ages. Haven't written it because my OTP lies elsewhere and I don't trust myself to write romance much anyway. But a friend of mine is partway through a 5+1 fic.

• Like x 1
  7. peripheral

I think I'm going to probably write one when I'm done.

AHHH MORE CHOICES

I'm so glad there aren't any consequences to fucking up (really)

• Like x 1
  8. peripheral

YES I CHOSE CORRECTLY

I think

Ahhhh

9. LadyNighteyes

Yeah, that's my favorite thing. There's a grand total of one missable fight in the entire game, and the only missable items are steals from one-time bosses, and I'm pretty sure there's only one of those that it's a problem to miss (a rare expendable item; there's a repeatable source, but it's a pain in the ass).

10. LadyNighteyes

I highly recommend watching the bad ends at some point. If just so you don't accidentally miss the really... memorable... ones. >:::)))
    Radiant Historia_30_068.png

• Like x 1
  11. peripheral

I'm planning to, but I'm just pleased that I went with the right choice.
    Last time I ended up accidentally letting the whole kingdom get conquered. no big.

12. LadyNighteyes

Honestly, compared to some of the later ones, that one really is no big. :::PPP
    Stupidest thing the game lets you do: A clearly out-of-their-gourd villain offers you "power" and you can agree.

13. peripheral

also, I SHOULD NOT SHIP THE SIBLINGS

damn it.

14. peripheral

Oh my GOD
    I will choose yes for kicks at point.

15. LadyNighteyes

Who, Lippti and Teo? There's a line later that indicates they might actually be fragments of one soul, so it might be closer to selfcest. :::PPP and compared to any ship between Dysfunctional Royal Family members, that one would be downright healthy

• Like x 1
  16. LadyNighteyes

I admit, that one's probably my least favorite bad end because it strikes me as way out of character. I have a suspicion they came up with it early in development when they were planning Silent Protagonist and then they ended up with a Kinda Quiet Protagonist instead, and it didn't quite make sense anymore but they didn't want to throw it out. The only way I can see him doing it is out of morbid curiosity about this obviously-doomed timeline or something.

There's another one where you can go totally off the rails and switch sides that's a little less ":|" ans is just begging for fanfic, though. But the fanfic is not there. Because fandom is five people and a shoelace.

• Like x 1
  17. peripheral

Six fandom people, a shoelace and a waterbottle now!

• Like x 2
  18. peripheral

(no i mean those bandits you save the merchant from)

19. LadyNighteyes

Oh. I actually don't know if they are blood siblings? Hertz calls Bram "bro," but that isn't always literal. (...I should queue some of those "bro" memes with the Desert Crows in my incorrect quotes blog, actually.)

20. peripheral

Wait if they're not blood siblings...

heheheheheheheheheheh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice