Pet sites: yays and nays

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Void, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Oh yeah! I ran into the perfect dragon issue on fr a lot. Being able to get a pet in the colors you want would be so helpful.

Pay for genetics doesn't work as soon as they are in the public pool.

Also I did like the "trade site currency for buy currency" I saw that on lioden and fr and liked you could get those if you spent in game currency

• Like x 1
  2. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

There was a whole sortof tiny subculture around custom pets on Mweor, they had their own fanclubs. They also had like- different levels of them. You could buy a custom cat with only one marking, then for more you could get one with two, and so on.

• Like x 1
  3. Void

Oh. Tiers is a good idea. More money, more custom markings?

Also the ability to customize and write bios and info about your pets I always found fun.

4. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Pay for terraforming boosts too, or special features like, premium credits gets you this schmancy waterfall

• Like x 3
  5. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Completely off topic: the Kintsugi moon needs a schmancy waterfall. Emphasis on the schmancy.

• Like x 2
  6. Void

Okay. So I have been working on pet concepts. I know its kinda far fetched, I can't pay anyone for work. But if enough stuff gets done I am hoping to kickstarter it. SOMEDAY I am hoping it not only will be fun, but turn a profit. Which obviously would be split among team members.

If people have time to spare for working on a project like this, get in touch with me!

I know its stupid and I am an artist so I detest the "work and hope it makes profit" thing. No one is under any obligation to help.

• Like x 1
  7. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

tbh I would volunteer just to kill time because I love pet sites and need a hobby

(also I never practice drawing and am not very good at it as a result anyways
    then again.... *glances at early neopets art*)

• Like x 2
  8. garden

garden lucid dreamer

This is the #1 thing that I like about pet breeding sites that FR doesn't have. Aramii had it, and it was hella convenient - much more convenient than the system you have to use on FR if you want to breed with someone else's derg.

I'm definitely liking the idea of a sci-fi pet site, that actually sounds really cool.

• Like x 1
  9. Void

Well lore is a thing that needs developed! Art, lore, and coding are all things we will need.

I also wanna state that anyone who wishes to work can drop out at any time and take work with them. All I request is if it is stuff specific to the site, such as lore, pet artwork, ect that it not be used elsewhere beyond portfolio purposes. No one is obligated to keep working if they don't wish to keep going. If someone wants to drop out I also will try to compensate for work done if you want your work to be used.

Also open breeding is a boon I love it. Fr method sucks tbh.

• Like x 2
  10. Aviari

There needs to be set critters and setting to start off the lore.

Interplanetary space travel? Pick the critters up on planet and they help explore/terraform?

Start with a baseline "Earth" critter, breed traits into it that enable offspring to thrive on new planets? (I like this one)

• Like x 1
  11. Void

I have some ideas for basic lore and pets, I just don't wanna post them all in public cuz then visitors to kintsugi could nab them :3

Figure I shouldn't show all my cards!

But if there are animals you think would be cool to base a pet on, feel free to post them, and if there are mechanics people like or want to see in a pet site, please keep posting!

12. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

get in touch with me privately, i might have time to do some designs. i do love drawing critters.

• Like x 2
  13. Void

*o* I will do that ASAP! I have some stuff I gotta handle but expect a pm sometime soon.

• Like x 1
  14. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

for species, i think it'd be good to at least do a few that will highly likely end up popular. essentially, anything based of wolves, foxes, and dogs will likely be incredibly popular. things based off cats, dragons, and deer also might be fairly popular. doesn't mean you shouldn't go for some rad things you just want to draw, but it'll be good for the sake of the site's success to have some popular critters in there.

• Like x 1
  15. roach

what if feathery dinosaurs? like, cloned/reconstituted raptor pals, domesticated like dogs, because a lot of the small theropods like velociraptors were pack hunters. also because, pretty dinosaurs in space would be fucking awesome. and you'd have tons of bird feather patterns to take inspiration from! peacocks, roosters, sparrows, flamingos, swans, parrots.... it'd be similar to a dragon site because pretty reptiles, but not just a clone of FR.

• Like x 4
  16. roach

also anyone who thinks a turkey-sized raptor would not be a kickass fighting companion has never had to actually fight a turkey.

• Like x 3
  17. Void

You are so correct and I love me some feathery kick ass dinosaurs.

18. Aviari

• Like x 2
  19. Void

Fucking perfect

20. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

I do love me some tiny bird dinos.

Though also not sure if y'all want it to be a thing like FR where you have a base type of animal and make subspecies around it, or a more diverse range of species where you could have reptiles and feathery dinos and also more mammalian critters.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice