Planning and Sorting

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

im young enough that there's a my daemons wouldn't have settled.
    or my characters are young enough either way.
    [edited because i didn't catch my autocorrects mistakes, was on mobile before]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I would be up for any deamon schenanigans that don´t require more than wikis can tell me, because I read half of that series ages ago.

3. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

I'd be tentatively interested in a fantroll rp, of whichever flavour.

4. wes scripserat

in the same boat so don't worry.

5. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

HDM roleplay is a beautiful idea. Count me in!

Fantroll RP, also yes.

6. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Ooh. Daemon shenanigans sound delightful.
    I always used to get a kick out of the stories that tried to accommodate for how public seating worked when you were travelling with a daemon. It seems difficult and not very rewarding to have to figure all that shit out.

Also Fantroll RP...yes. so much yes.

(Although it's been six or seven years since I've done any useful RP. Well, 2 or 3 if you count D&D)

7. wes scripserat

having a cat damon would be interesting in the winter
    "no i can't carry you in my coat"
    "*hiss*"

• Like x 1
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

hehe. I think you´d be stuck keeping kitty in your coat. maybe have them play cat scarf? (Also are nb peoples deamons nb as well?)

• Like x 1
  9. wes scripserat

Huh.
    maybe?
    they could be animals without obvious gender (like snakes that reproduce a sexually or something)
    daemons are often the opposite gender anyway so... yeah

10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ah ok, I´d remembered it was a pretty hard and fast rule that deamons are the opposite gender. Which would have means 1) probable transpeople tipoff and 2) NB people being a weird exception.

11. wes scripserat

then would people be more accepting to trans people?
    as in "whep my child must be female their daemon is male"

12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

They´d loose the "It´s all in your head," excuse, but other types of transphobia would still most likely happen?

13. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

As far as daemon genders go, they're generally the opposite gender but some people do have daemons of the same gender - one of the people Lyra knew at Oxford was a guy with a male daemon. It is a thing which happens sometimes! Might signify general queerness, but if SS's hazy memory can be trusted I am like 90% sure I read somewhere moderately reliable that it signified some sort of ability along the lines of the Sight (protip: do not trust SS's hazy memory).

14. wes scripserat

since the only thing migrating from HDM is the daemons i think we're fine.

15. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I had always figured it meant transpeople, once I could comprehend that transpeople were a thing anyways. (in retrospect, it makes the 'oh I should have a girl daemon' thing make sense)
    I think it would be sorta ignored/denied, like a no, it totally is just a thing that sometimes happens, you are still a girl/boy, don't think different.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  16. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I don't rp much but I'd be up for daemon shenanigans if people are doing them.

17. wes scripserat

daemon shenan-igans
    *to the tune of steamboat shenanigans*

18. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

So, I'm thinking there is a definite yes for daemon shenanigans!

19. wes scripserat

20. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

when seebs said there is an rp subforum called 'it's galley's turn' i thought he was joking, but noooope :D :D :D

i am always game for fantroll rp. what about solving the setting issue by taking them all to a new setting? a sgrub game, maybe, or a postgame human/troll-integrated verse, or something like that. so they're all equally on a fresh footing.

one of the reasons i propose this is because the boat trolls rp is really plot-driven, so it'd be easier for me to keep track of alternate iterations of those characters if they can't get at their old plotlines at all, you know?

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice