Pokémon Mansion Journals (currently: head bonks and tooth ouch)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Hisuian Typhlosion, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Hisuian Typhlosion

Hisuian Typhlosion Infernal Parade

I think I want to make a ramble thread of things I’m trying to do so I can get stuff done :mpsa: and also sometimes I want to talk into the void and possibly others if they want to engage???

Potentially triggering things may come up (eg. my medication management makes me cry sometimes, so drug tw? Not the only example, just a common one) but I’ll try to forewarn and spoiler when necessary.

Welcome to my twisted world……….

2. Hisuian Typhlosion

Told my boyfriend I would be cleaning when I got home. It’s 11:43pm (edited the correct time) and I have definitely not done that. Somehow 3 energy drinks and a Yerba Mate haven’t fueled any motivation to do that. He’s coming over tomorrow??? Brain please clean.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  3. Hisuian Typhlosion

Speaking of my boyfriend we have only been together for like 4 months officially but have been talking closer to 6 and I want to make a list of things that I love about him and us in general so I don’t forget. I don’t think I would in the first place but it’s not bad to make lists
    • Aesthetically he’s tall, red headed, and leaning into bear territory. He wears flannel and loves camping and even though I have trauma with the act of camping I do miss the activity itself and looking at him makes me think of the good parts of home
    • He’s funny. I find him funny even if he isn’t trying to be. One time before we officially met in person (we did phone dates on bumble) after he told me he had a masters in psychology I said I took an mbti test and I got the INTJ result. I could physically hear him smile when he said “really?” Before he went into a rant about how most personality tests are bullshit. Later in the conversation he told me he was interested because he also got the INTJ result. I don’t think he knew I knew by the tone of his voice before I told him as much
    • He is so, so kind and tries to put me first and my needs even though I’m a serving personality and want him happy before myself. I’m still trying self love. He’s patient with me.
    • We have not had a single argument to date. We debate and talk about deep and sometimes charged subjects but not once have we argued. Usually we either immediately agree with each other or one of us changes our opinions based on evidence presented by the other. Which is a weird way to explain a relationship but like I think this has to do with the fact we’re approaching mid life
    • He says I have stray cat syndrome in that people want to take me home and feed me. I still don’t know if this is specific to him or I’m a pathetic wet meow meow
    I’m sure I’ll be adding more to this

4. Hisuian Typhlosion

I have decided sleep is for losers. I will finish cleaning and then go have Dennys tomorrow morning and probably douse myself in coffee. Bf wanted to go to the movies tomorrow but there’s nothing I think we want to (or in my case could) watch. We were excited for Oppenheimer until finding out it was pretty dismissive of the real fuckery that was the NM drive-out of Hispanic families. At least I was, and he seemed pretty bummed at the knowledge when I told him what I found out. I’ll float the idea to him, if he seems interested we might pick that.

5. Hisuian Typhlosion

APARTMENT CLEANING HACK IF YOU PUT CLOROX WIPES ON YOUR FEET AND SCOOT AROUND LIKE YOURE LOOKING TO SHOCK SOMEONE YOU WILL GET GROSS STAINS OUT FASTER THAN A MOP

in other news I’m another caffeinated drink in

6. Hisuian Typhlosion

Boyfriend came over, did most of the mopping. We went to Lowe’s and got stove pellets for kitty’s litterbox and some 2x4s to brace my bed frame. Also looked at all the dumb Halloween costumes while they existed because we were in the area.

Overall a productive day. Tiring, emotionally charged on my end for personal reasons, but productive.

7. Hisuian Typhlosion

Forgot to mention I was downgraded(?) to rabbit energy because I don’t take kind things said about me easily and I started vibrating (literally because I was bouncing both legs so hard that my entire body shook) in anxiety. He was like “I meant to overwhelm you with praise and you became overwhelmed with praise. I don’t know what I expected.”

eventually the goal is to become a hare, as those creatures lack fear of god and self loathing.

• Like x 2
  8. Hisuian Typhlosion

My rent insurance didn’t go thru and now my policy is in activated limbo, I don’t know why it didn’t. It’s only $5. This is going to eat at me for days until I can get it fixed.

• Witnessed x 1
  9. Hisuian Typhlosion

Today’s my job’s state of the union address and if the last few days are anything to go by it’ll be fun and exciting. I have a couple hours from when I clock in to get some work I need done and I’m going to use some of that time to set aside a financial fun budget since BF and I are gonna move in soon-ish. 6mo, technically, give or take. We spend way too much on fun stuff, and while we can afford it and have been the last who knows when, his student loans are going to be taken off pause soon.

His lease was renewed before mine was, and it was cheaper for me to do a yearly renewal instead of a monthly, so he’ll move into my place when we get to it. I’m technically still on my current lease, the new one starts up in November.

unrelated to this, but do people mind when others comment on their mini-journals? I know I personally don’t mind it, and I love the ratings as I feel “seen” but I’ve been holding back on doing that to/for others as I don’t know if it’s considered rude or not for people. :confutoot:

• Like x 2
  10. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

Commenting on people's blog threads is pretty common overall, I'd say? Sometimes people actually say what kinds of engagement they're open to in the first post, so you could check there if you're not sure! Failing that, just asking in the thread if they mind has generally gone well IME.

• Useful x 1
  11. Hisuian Typhlosion

I figured, but as skittish as I am I didn’t want to assume! I used to never keep a kintsugi diary before

12. Hisuian Typhlosion

I won a game at my work and got the CUTEST pumpkin-themed sets (a few dollar store pumpkins, a wooden “give thanks” pumpkin shaped sign, and a wicker basket in the shape of a pumpkin), some makeup, and my coworker was giving out lemon cucumbers and acorn squash from her garden so I munched on fresh veggies for lunch today!

I was also given a cinnamon scented bundle of sticks for the desk to make it somewhat tolerable (I work with low income people and so sometimes they don’t smell the cleanest, don’t fault them personally for it but boy oh boy is it distracting)

I technically won truffles too but traded it for more makeup. I’m trying to be good in limiting my candy consumption.

• Winner x 1
  13. Hisuian Typhlosion

Also boyfriend got me into Callahan’s the game (I want to read the books now too) and it is SO FUN I hate that I gotta wait until I go over to his place before I get to play it cuz I don’t have it on my computer.

rude man, introducing me to fun things.

14. Hisuian Typhlosion

WON THE COMPANY-WIDE RAFFLE

BABY’S GOT A NEW SET OF MARTHA STEWART CERAMIC ALUMINUM NONSTICK LINEN AND GOLD POTS AND PANS!!!

• Winner x 3
  15. Hisuian Typhlosion

Ok but look at them I can’t wait to hold these in my arms and have fantasies about a well-decorated and totally-not clashing kitchen

[​IMG]

• Winner x 3
  16. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Those look really pretty!

17. Hisuian Typhlosion

Shockingly if you buy them on Macy’s website they are only $150 for the whole set. They retail for $240 and you can get on Amazon for $180

granted, it’s a 10 piece *really nice set* but I 100% would not have bought myself new cookware prior to this because I still rat pack hoard the revere ware cookware.

Which…may show my age a little here…

18. Hisuian Typhlosion

Unrelated to pots and pans but related to cooking, dear partner got food poisoning and so I made him some pot pie soup.

unfortunately he knows himself too well and made me take home most of the leftovers because he would be tempted to eat it all otherwise. I know myself too, and those leftovers will not last the next few hours.

(if someone wants a recipe I’m glad to share! It is very involved though, many spoons required for remembering the steps).

19. Hisuian Typhlosion

Boyfriend earlier today showed me Pontypool because spooky month, proceeded to be both amazed and frustrated I figured out the twist within the first 20 minutes.

His words were “I can’t believe you did that. If you ever doubt your intelligence remember this moment.”

I think he was bothered because it took him until what basically is the final third of the movie to get the twist, and his sibling about halfway into it. Meanwhile he said the main character was implied to be based on someone and what made it click was him asking “do you know what the monster is yet?”

Spoilers for movie-related talk below

He introduced me to the main character as being based on Rush Limbaugh, and I already had my suspicions when I heard his voice echoing in the first five minutes of the opening scene, but as soon as he asked me what I thought the monster was and I said “zombies?”, he got quiet and was like “if you got it in the first 20 minutes would you want to know?” And then I went, “oh no, it’s zombies isn’t it? It’s zombies and his voice is the virus. Republicans are the virus.” and THAT was when he got incredibly fascinated (but mad because I was able to figure it out so quickly because then he said “I shouldn’t have said a single thing oh my god how did you do that.”)

20. Hisuian Typhlosion

Forgot to steal boyfriend’s good tasting water and only had Bad Water at my place. Dry swallowed my pills in protest. Dumb idea, bad idea.

(I either need to buy a filter or stock up on drinkables. Or just buy a damn coffee maker again. Abusive ex destroyed mine before they left me and I just never bought a new one since)

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice