Pool Ladders and Pathing Errors: The Sims Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

• Winner x 1
  2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I really like cats and dogs. It added a lot of cute CC content (if you're into maxis match, as I am) and the pets are not nearly as bugged as in s3 Pets. I have a save with a big dog in it and the pooch is nearly dead and hasn't imploded it yet.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I'm having a blast with it, honestly--it feels good to have the pets around, they feel like proper members of the family, and the pet personality traits do actually affect how they interact with their people.

Also you can draw a dick on your dog and that's beautiful.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  4. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i’m not buying it because i much prefered the small pets (lizards, birds, rodents, fish that aren’t immortal) the sims 3 version had, but i think it’s definitely worth it if you like cats and dogs!

• Informative x 1
  5. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting to see if they make a university... but the pets are nice! altho i was...more than a little shocked when my cat stalked up to the pee-bush in my runaway teen challenge save and attacked the heck out of some hapless featherbeasts.

honestly i would get rid of the parenthood pack if i could, many of the features make playing a family with children a chore. and teens are next to impossible for me unless I'm playing as a vampire. and even then the mood swings are obnoxious.

but yes, the pets seem ok. not so much work that you can't do other things, they are adorable, and i hate living in brindleton because I MUST RESCUE ALL OF THE STRAYS

but the new neighborhood is super cute, i like the new hairs and clothes, and i am interested in trying out the new veterinarian feature. a much better purchase than parenthood in my opinion.

but I am interested in hearing from anyone who did enjoy the parenthood pack, other opinions might help soften me towards it.

and the latest update is nice! the hair isn't quite as great as advertised but it's still cute, and the skin tones. AAAAUHGHHH I'm dying with glee. so many tones! there's like a half dozen tans! and the darker ones seem to have warmer undertones than what we originally had. yes yes yes give me all the skin colors :D i have an Indian (like India) vampire with the bright blue eyes that only the vampires can have, and she is stunning. my little punk princess. she has just aged up to a young adult (after making straight As with the normal lifespan and making a living off a smallish garden) and adopted two cats.

• Informative x 2
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

My husband just made us in Sims 4

He also made Doujima from Persona 4

I spent all day on Doujima's computer

• Winner x 3
  7. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I’m a huge fan of the Parenthood pack, but almost entirely because I like a lot of the furniture and it makes interactions with toddlers relevant again. (I also like having the Aspiration from it, because I don’t always have the patience for multigenerational houses and the other base game family Aspirations have a few “hurry up and wait” qualities that irk me.)

The parenting skill itself is a neat mechanic, because it means that my stay-at-home dad is going to have mechanical justification for it—and when something kicks up, he can be the hammer of the law instead of his husband. Having conversation options open up with skill increases is fun for me.

But I also have yet to really sit down and play some teens all the way up to adulthood. The last time I got that far, my family bugged and one of the younger kids got trapped forever walking at the bottom of the stairs, which incidentally trapped her entire family upstairs too. Teleporting and resetting her with debug commands just made her walk forever at the mailbox, so I gave up and started doing other families.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  8. bornofthesea670

one of these days i'll go all the way through on long lifespan with some kids. i've got a game from like month ago with my version of Elodie from Long Live The Queen. i played through her toddler lifespan on long so i had time to get all of her skills completed, and i need to get started on her kiddo years

• Like x 2
  9. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I do enjoy the parenthood stuff mostly for the same reasons Kingstarscream said.

10. bornofthesea670

Jungle adventure is the best, i do not regret spending 20 dollars :O

but i wish we had more hair. the bandana with wavy hair is cute, but the other hairstyle

what is that

what is it doing?

i spent all day exploring the jungle and it was wonderful, i wish i could live in Selvadore

it was also very amusing watching my tourist sim dance in the midst of the locals shimmying their hips like a bunch of champs

never. never before had i felt so white XD but anyway, yes, the bar in quasi-south america is the best bar, fight me

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I wanted to wait until it was on sale, especially since it arsefucked a bunch of my mods I need to unfuck, but it looks SO GOOD I don't wanna wait

12. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I also snapped it right up. World adventures was my fav in Sims 3 and so far jungle adventure has been pretty fun though it is a shame it is game pack sized rather than another multi destination expansion sized thing.

Had an interesting time when I gave my girl a death curse and the cure made her into a skeleton. A tragedy: skeletons can't smooch people.

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  13. bornofthesea670

i wanted to hug the skellies in the temple so much ;-; can you befriend them? i can't remember if there was a friendship bar or not

and THATS what the curse does, huh? i got mine taken off by visiting Madre Coseche. its weird that the vender i asked said you had to give an offering or donation to the statue, but the only options were to view it and offer respect, not donate. and it seems to have taken my curse off fine. something i noticed as well was that most of the recipes are vegetarian. not sure if thats cultural or just a fluke.

i made the first home I'm pretty proud of with the new build mode items, though! agh, i love them so much. I'm tempted to put it online.

• Like x 2
  14. Bunny

It was actually the curse potion to one of my curses that did it, it was marked for death or something along those lines. I also have a relic that has a blessing of skellification.

As for the temple skellies they seem to be unbefriendable. They had the friendship bar but it wasn't filling at all for me.

I also have a bug going where I could not marry my big nose holiday boyfriend because he is in my employ. It seems to be a bug effecting many relationships though. Also struggled to find the option to ask him to move in while on the holiday lots and I hadn't been able to invite him to my house. But! I could invite him to the fleamarket and was able to kidnap him into my household with the move in option from there.

• Informative x 1
  15. Lazarae

If it's the "inappropriate to marry" thing not letting you marry him there's a mod for that on MTS. I can dig it up if you like, I know it works with the patch.

• Like x 1
  16. Bunny

That would be very helpful for future use if it's not too much trouble.

I have since murdered the lady in question but other marriages will surely happen.

Also, do you know of any mods that make it easier for the Sims to be poly? Cheating to get everyone the perk from serial romantic is a bit of a faff

17. Lazarae

Inappropriate to marry fix

MCC's woohooer module has an option in its cfg but it's actually under 'polygamy' instead of -amory. I don't know if it actually touches marriage or if it's just Deaderpool mixing up the terms.

I suggest all of the MCC in general, the config lets you tweak a bunch of things and it creating LE files is great for troubleshooting if you use eleventy billion mods like me (or if EA fucked something up, as they do).

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. bornofthesea670

Current games,

MtF transgendered (is it transgender or transgendered? or does it not matter? not clear on social protocol there) Wolfgang Munch, it honestly took me a minute to remember her canon name, anyway i wanted to use the new gender-tool to do something new with story i haven't delved in much before. I still haven't decided on a name for her, she's going as Lula Storm right now. I wanted to keep the wolf thing going but other than Luna or Lucine there isn't a bunch going on for girls. By her Sim 30s she'll probably go back to using Munch, so surnames aren't a problem at least.

She moved to Myshuno after fighting with mama munch (i also started this save to start memorizing their names, i never do anything with the Windenburgers) and slept in the corner of the park for a little while. With a full kitchen and bathroom it's like the runaway teen challenge on easy. Moved her into the gremlin apartment in the spice district and she's been making mad bank selling posters. To make things more difficult for myself, I gave her a job as fry cook, so she's been missing a lot of school just keeping her motives up, but I'm working on it and she's at a D. She has gotten a promotion at work though, so yay? I made myself delete 500 simoleons before changing her clothes, and deleted 1000 to get her on hormones. Every monday I give her hair longer length by like 2 sim inches, and on the monday after hormones were 'unlocked' I switched her body model. It made more than a difference than I was expecting? Wolfgang's cute asf as a girl, which I had been expecting tbh. He is the pretty boy of the sims 4. All I tweaked were Lulu's lips since Wolfgang's got a funky upper lip and chronic pout. I know you have the gloomy trait, but honey. And either she had muscle mass to begin with or doing 2 hours of yoga and running around snatching posters did it, cause with her abs its like. Damn.

The sim is hot.

Also I am boring and removed the mischief aspiration. So Lulu's gotten acquainted with some city folks and calls her brothers sometimes. Morgan Fyres has a key to her apartment and she is there every day jeez Maxis. They are super close even though Lulu keeps leaving for work as soon as she comes over, so at least Morgan isn't a prima donna. She just leaves water glasses everywhere. I didn't want to do the 'mom kicked me out for being trans' thing cause I see Mila (after twenty minutes I remembered) as being too understanding and kind. But Lulu kinda wanted a reason to head off to the city anyhow. She's thinking of moving to Brindleton Bay, though, because in this story it's known as one of the most welcoming LGBT cities. A little rural for her tastes, but I don't mind moving her around a bit, maybe even hit Willow Creek or Oasis Springs for a few years.

Anywho, she is the proud owner of a toilet, shower, sink, flea market lamp and couch, camp bed, yoga mat, two counters and a shitty fridge. I almost forgot the stereo but she finds digging for snow globes more interesting so shit, go ahead sweetie. She has eight potted dragonfruit plants cause she lucked out at the spice festival, and I snickered setting them up cause now her living room has an independent pot grower vibe. She lives off of salads and street food.

And thats all for Lulu for now. She's got about 2000 simoleons and Imma let her save so she can maybe move somewhere nicer. Besides, who needs a real mattress?

Other main save ( one day I will return to Elodie but not this week...) is an edited Amazon challenge. More of a tribe/decades chal cause I don't like making the mens slaves. And die..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zero money, as usual for me, a pee bush and a bush to sleep in, and a campfire. Flowers and stuff for a bit of prettiness, but not a lot of landscaping cause she's the founder and she needs to start her castle on this lot.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the creator babe. i moved in akira cause he's a cutie. they aren't dating though, she's got like a flirting thing going on with Jade so idk whats going on with her love life. Kinda want to have Candy and her sister join, but Candy always seems kinda standoffish. like she'll stay for a few interactions and then wander off to get a dim and gusty. But she has a cute face and a cute sis, so. my other fave is Joaquin but i have the same problem with him. sigh..

oh, and the tree and yoga mat are in the back of the lot cause I'm starting on the castle. I'm basing it off one in my main universe, so it's going to be U-shaped with a courtyard in the back for garden/ the very important rose garden WHICH IS SEPARATE mkay roses are important. and an orchard bordering the back.

I'll post a pic of Lulu next time I play her save.

• Winner x 1
  20. bornofthesea670

Would you guys prefer if I posted in my own thread, or do you not mind if i spam this as I play cause its fun to share?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice