Pool Ladders and Pathing Errors: The Sims Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I really enjoy seeing your updates here. (If you do decide to post elsewhere, please feel free to ping me.)

• Winner x 1
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Feel free to spam! I like seeing the thread update.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

In that case, have some Lulu. (I will take pics of her apartment next time i game, i just purchased some lights for her)

[​IMG]
    my style hasn't changed much since I was 15
    [​IMG]
    I call this the 'droppin them panties' outfit since she is interested in the fairer sex and I plan to nudge her and Morgan together

also, like. them abs. Please.

• Winner x 2
  4. bornofthesea670

I took a break to play Mount and Blade BUT IM BACK, BABES

Someone posted a new challenge based on Camelot on one of the Sims sites, and while the challenge didn't suit my play style, it did inspire me to make a new save, because what is finishing something? Sounds fake. (this is why I have beginnings of stories but no endings in my writing, le sigh)

I began with one male to start with, I named him Arthur of Violet. His patron god is a goddess of the earth with many stories of how she gives quests, advice, and other attention to heroes, and she is one of the oldest creations of mine. He is a fuckin cutie with purple eyes because I am weak. The monarchy will be patriarchal in terms of inheritance, but children with purple eyes will be given the throne if they are the only child out of three or four to have the family trait. Either way, purple eyes are required to gain the throne. Males will be given it over any sisters, and if two sisters are the only children to have them, the one with more skills by young adulthood will most likely inherit.

his fiancee is named Mizuki, she is an npc vampire who wandered onto his lot and introduced herself, I tweaked her in Cas but she didn't need much, she was already pretty cute. I made her eyes turquoise for more genetic variation..sometimes I feel racist against brown eyes hah. I have them myself, so I find colored eyes to be prettier. My mom has super pretty blue eyes and two of my brothers inherited, the goobers.

I decided that in order to be legitimate and be eligible for the throne, children must be conceived after engagement at the earliest. This is mainly because as soon as I had Mizuki leveled enough to make a vampire cure and take it, the two still didn't really have the money or friends to enjoy a proper wedding, or one that would be fun to take screen shots of. So they are engaged and trying to conceive right now. As long as they get hitched before they die, I suppose.

They are supposed to have a garden with a good variety, and they have a lot of garlic growing right now because I'm making those garlic wreath simoleons. Arthur began the garden but as soon as she moved in I had Mizuki slowly take over, and they both take care of it depending on their time. Mizuki is fully leveled in painting and her efforts have been like eighty percent of the reason their castle is being built so quickly. But even then it's mostly big empty rooms. They have basic survival items and most of a kitchen, but I did give them a pretty nice bathroom remodel, so thats nice.

[​IMG]
    Look at that body (he works out)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He has two everyday outfits (I made the outfits for him and his future queen to be simple and not extravagant, this is a fledgling kingdom after all, and right now it's just a kingdom because he says so..)

[​IMG]
    His formal wear (with man bun because I love them)

[​IMG]
    party time!

[​IMG]
    her cute face!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    everyday, with and without sweater

[​IMG]
    formal

[​IMG]
    party

[​IMG]
    Arthur working on his charisma for work (professional athlete)

[​IMG]
    garden in the first weeks

[​IMG]
    first kiss back when I was thinking about making her hair turquoise before making it blonde like she had it to begin with.

• Winner x 4
  5. bornofthesea670

I only played a half hour today because I'm going through the story line play through of the dlc viking conquest and my game keeps crashing so i have to go back and redo things UGH

[​IMG]
    third time's the charm! (my last royal fam took a while to conceive too, kinda weird.)(when I first got the Sims 4 I began a big old save with several families of differing status. king had red eyes he hid behind tinted shades and the queen had blue eyes. their daughter came out with purple. sims have paint genetics?)

[​IMG]
    money's still tight so this is the main room until stuff gets decorated better

[​IMG]
    future living/throne/dining room. though perhaps i should make a sitting room upstairs instead and make the main room the formal dining room throne room deal thats available to the public to air their concerns. like who's been calling who's mama a llama.

[​IMG]
    my castles require ostentatious ballrooms, even if they don't get much use. this still needs windows (the whole downstairs needs windows) and some decoration by the edges. i'm thinking giant vases of flowers and a few chairs for older folk and people to pout over crushes not paying attention to them. I might make this smaller and use some of the space for something else. oh, and perhaps put some instruments in the ballroom...thats a way to fill some space. you think I'm kidding about the ballrooms, my main universe has a big formal ballroom with frescos on the ceilings and most of the walls and giant windows, very Louis IV with less gold, a less formal ballroom called the Second ballroom (my peeps are as good at naming things as historians are) for smaller get togethers, and the Royal Rave Room. saying that with a straight face is difficult.

[​IMG]
    another view of inside, showcasing the undecorated knight and entrance to ballroom, as well as the kitchen door.

[​IMG]
    closer view of the knight and Arthur making salad for his baby and his baby's baby

[​IMG]
    ...not that you can TELL his baby's having a baby. she is, I swear. she's one of those sims with a lil bump.

[​IMG]
    he keeps doing this autonomously. babe, you're already swole. play some horseshoes or something

[​IMG]
    bonding (we needed to pay bills so Mizuki graciously agreed to paint a masterpiece before going to bed. Best Queen.)

[​IMG]
    Arthur's lifetime wish is the mansion aspiration, so his wife helps by saving some of her best work. as the castle is decorated I'll incorporate them into the actual decor. I just wish the frame you could put of them had more options, or at least wasn't so ugly. i keep em unframed but they look unfinished :(

• Winner x 4
  6. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]
    they don't have a table shhh

[​IMG]
    she finally popped in the second trimester

[​IMG]
    maybe he should do his speeches like this..

[​IMG]
    there's no rest for the wicked OR the pregnant in the first generation, my dear

[​IMG]
    he had a long hard day of work but he looks cute in his new uniform so i saved this so i could giggle at his face cause he's always so happy i don't get any grumpy pics :(

[​IMG]
    the cribs they give you for free/multiples are boring so I MADE SURE we'd have enough. i was going to only buy two but this looks more...balanced somehow.

[​IMG]
    random pic of the one wall of the ballroom with windows. they will all be like this and there will be flowers and it'll look nice I think :)

[​IMG]
    I don't spend uncomfortable amounts of time staring at him, that would be weird.. -carefully scrutinizes him whenever he's shirtless or working out or breathing or- -

[​IMG]
    BUMP

[​IMG]
    she's a glutton so she doesn't care, but he tried a bowl of her fruit salad and thought "I love her, but...never again" and made a proper bowl for them.

[​IMG]
    practicing yoga next to a masterpiece his fiancee made while she's busy making another... yes I had him continue yoga while she gave birth. pre parental panic can happen AFTER the birth thankee

[​IMG]
    "After this I can have breakfast, after this I can have breakfast, after..this.. BREAKFAST."
    Not only was she hungry her fun was low and for SOME reason labor doesn't make the fun meter go up, can you believe?

[​IMG]
    Prince Emory of Violet is HANGRY and not having your kisses, mom.

[​IMG]
    Maybe I was being overconfident... anyway, once this lil one is a toddler we'll see which gorgeous eye color he inherited. I couldn't think of a name so I chose one that seemed vaguely fantasy from the randomizer. Emory can be a hard name to pull off but I believe in him.

• Winner x 3
  7. bornofthesea670

forced my way through the toddler years cause i hate them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm obsessed with them help

[​IMG]
    he didn't get his dad's eye color, so once he ages up I'll have them try again. they need spares anyway, you'll see why later

[​IMG]
    -screams- help, they are pixels, they shouldn't have this effect on me

[​IMG]
    once the second floor was built I updated some of their outfits to reflect their rise in power. or at least, the rising castle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    emory, please, I'm trying to show off your father's pantaloons

[​IMG]
    we need to go back to showing off men's calves, is all I'm saying. shapely legs for all genders!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    our new gardener

[​IMG]
    i like fish that i don't have to remember to feed. and angelfish are pretty.

[​IMG]
    better view of his second everyday look

[​IMG]
    lil emory is almost fully skilled so I had em try for another lil royal babe

[​IMG]
    making a cake before he leaves for work.

[​IMG]
    Mizuki, no

[​IMG]
    Mizuki had to make a new cake, but it came out excellent so i guess the birthday fairy blessed this child

MOAR BENEATH

• Winner x 3
  8. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i couldn't decide what color I wanted his stockings. ya'll think white would work better?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this is what i finally decided on, i spent like an hour last night on their clothes and women are always the hardest to dress historically without CC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and I changed her formal too, i'll give the firstborn daughter her old blue dress and make it an heirloom of sorts

[​IMG]

• Winner x 3
  9. bornofthesea670

if you guys wanna leave some baby names up that'd be awesome, cause i don't plan ahead and googling on my phones a bitch o.o

old timey, fantasy, or just unique is good. it doesn't matter what country the name comes from.

10. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]
    working on interiors

[​IMG]
    a rare sighting of the poorly rendered Bird

[​IMG]
    he's a rambunctious scamp, but a kiddo's gotta be well rounded

[​IMG]
    the king's seat in the middle, consorts to the left, and little Emory doing his homework in the heir's seat, clever boy. He'll inherit a duchy instead, of course.

[​IMG]
    I was excited to see this, I didn't know the children could play with the toddler toys

[​IMG]
    picking flowers while pregnant is a given at this point. it would feel wrong not to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nooboo! I had Emory watch, as Arthur was at work. Say hello to Princess Alyse of Violet

if she gets the family trait of purple eyes, she has a good shot at the throne! once she becomes a child, the king and queen will have one more baby before Miss Mizuki can return to painting as her biggest labor XD

[​IMG]
    unflappable, our Emory is. good lad.

[​IMG]
    homework help!

[​IMG]
    A shot of Miss Alyse

[​IMG]
    and a game of Don't Wake The Llama to end this somewhat chill gaming session!

• Winner x 3
  11. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I don't have a challenge or anything going my sims 4 saves but my vampire character is currently singing a country karaoke duet with the grim reaper who he flirted into friendship during a death at a restaurant and I love this dumb game so fucking much you guys, I'm fucking rolling on the floor laughing because what even is happening

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  12. bornofthesea670

tiny update, haven't been much in the simming mood because ugh toddlers

[​IMG]
    Papa bonding with his baby girl

[​IMG]
    and his little boy, of course

[​IMG]
    a piano and bar for the ballroom

[​IMG]
    he didn't need any levels for work, and I'm sure he gets tired of yoga, so i had him work on some music.

[​IMG]
    the children being cute

[​IMG]
    her mother has turquoise eyes. her papa has purple. how did these come about? I dunno. If the last child doesn't have purple eyes i think I'll change hers to purple. I'm sort of hoping I won't need to, since I think a branch of the family with red eyes would be neat. And changing them is sort of in the rules since how turquoise and purple would make red is sort of beyond me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    when i can i'll get the toddler expansion, so i get more hair to work with. the vanilla ones are very lackluster.

• Like x 2
  13. bornofthesea670

mk guys i need to post the screen caps to imgur but lemme tell you, Emory aged up to a teen and my Thirst is real

• Informative x 1
  14. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]
    working on his childhood aspiration

[​IMG]
    and his very important social skills!

[​IMG]
    I missed you too, Arthur.

[​IMG]
    manners lessons..

[​IMG]
    kitchen update

[​IMG]
    Emory's bedroom

[​IMG]
    the playroom

[​IMG]
    he has his own bed now, but...i didn't have the heart to wake him up

[​IMG]
    can't wait to getting around to downsizing this thing...

[​IMG]
    he LOVES dollhouses. always going to play with his babies autonomously

[​IMG]
    however, Alyse thinks the full-size castle is better

[​IMG]
    -sighs very loudly at sims who ignore PERFECTLY GOOD CHAIRS-

[​IMG]
    I finally got the dining room put together

[​IMG]
    sometimes Arthur fishes on his days off, and today he caught a second angelfish

[​IMG]
    it took forever to get the high score he needed on Keyboard Commander :/

[​IMG]
    I found Cinderella one night, on the way home from the ball. no carriage cause it was after midnight

[​IMG]
    she made a lot of messes, and reprimands didn't seem to faze her, so i think we'll have a spitfire on our hands. in fact, i gave her the hotheaded trait when she aged up

• Winner x 1
  15. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]
    I think he's a pretty good mix of his parents. Maybe a smidgen more Mizuki.

[​IMG]
    Everyday

[​IMG]
    formal ( i removed the gloves but didn't take a second screenshot on accident)

[​IMG]
    and party

His traits so far are Loves the Outdoors, Active, and whatever finishing the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration gets you. Something like a good metabolism or quicker leveling in workouts i think. Life time wish is Hopeless Romantic because he has always been a cinnamon bun and though he COULD be a heartbreaker with that face, I think he's much more of a sensitive little guy. I'm swooning. You're swooning. People are going to be walking into poles around this guy. He's a danger to behold.

Ok I'll stop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    two everyday outfits cause girls are easier to dress for the oldie stuff

[​IMG]
    formal

[​IMG]
    nightgown

[​IMG]
    party

She's got Hot Headed and the creative aspiration. she loved her dollhouse and imagination toys as a babu

there is a third Baby Violet on the way but I didn't post a picture because Mizuki is very flat in the first trimester and you guys only need to see so many 'she's pregnant!' screen caps of her in her nighty.

• Winner x 3
  16. bornofthesea670

Verily in here with the cheerleader pom-poms XD

thanks for your reactions, always makes my day :)

• Like x 1
  17. bornofthesea670

i made a gardener sim to use when the seasons comes out. i like flowers. she has a lazy cat. Her cat's name is Miss Biscuit and the sim's name is Flower. She had Jewish hippy parents.

[​IMG]

this is a very lazy Wonder Child thing I'm playing. I always liked the nerdy guy from the promos, so he's her papa. He's hispanic but her mum was Chinese, so she's growing up with a lot of mexican influence and he's going to do his best to teach her about her other cultural identity. His name is Brysen and her name is Miracle. I was trying to talk myself out of naming her that, but the randomizer had it as a name option so its FATE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brysen is a Creative Geek who's Family Oriented and he's very excited to be chosen to get the government grant and raise his kiddo to be the best possible Young Adult a sim can be. He is a stay at home dad and he has written two children's books in a series about a young duchess-in-training named Lady Llama. His next planned book is a book about Lady Llama and her friend Countess Vampire. He also writes parental advice books.

• Winner x 5
  18. bornofthesea670

So I went back on the Violet save to find Cinderella

[​IMG]

here she is! I thought I'd make her the first of a family of merchants...

But then...

[​IMG]

She had a family. This is her daughter! She is gorgeous. She has a little brother as well. So I moved em into my saved families so they don't get culled, and gave them all makeovers.

However, I also have a family in that save, consisting of four young ladies of differing but respectable births, and a headmistress, that I was planning for Emory to be able to befriend and see which one he had the best chemistry with. It was going to be hard enough choosing between four, but now we have this little miss!

And she has the kleptomaniac trait...hummmm

We'll see what I do with her

And I haven't even STARTED on the villain, humph. These cute sims making more work for me XD

• Like x 2
  19. bornofthesea670

I played Miracle today :)

[​IMG]
    Brysen and Mira originally shared the bedroom in the cheapo one bedroom house, but Brysen thought it would be a good idea to have his good buddy move in, so they could help each other financially and Brysen could cook for him. Not that Johnny can't cook if given practice, but he'd rather work on his job than do chores.

[​IMG]
    so we expanded the house

[​IMG]
    once he moved in!

[​IMG]
    As Mira got older and potty trained, Brysen had more time to devote to writing books. But she's his priority. Johnny, meanwhile, is all about those promotions! You can take away the Landgrabb name, but not the Landgrabb ambition.

[​IMG]
    But sometimes he helps with her, because she is adorable. I think in the picture Brysen was writing his "Co-Parenting With Friends" book. He's written another nonfiction one about parenting called "Novice Parenting" . Pretty straightforward. In this play session, he also wrote Lady Llama's Lunch and Lady Llama And The Large Lizard. He's running out of alliterative names. He thinks once Mira becomes a preteen he'll do something like a magic-less Harry Potter series, with the same Lady Llama character, but without alliterative titles. The character's name is Donna. Donna Llama. He's getting almost 100 dollars a day in royalties.

[​IMG]
    I was so happy when she got all her lil skills leveled up. Here they are, all tired and cranky. Getting a cake pic without grumpy faces was hard.

[​IMG]
    I spent like 15,000 dollars once she aged up. The backyard has two playhouses because i love them all, a puppet theater because Brysen had a whim, and some trees and an umbrella for shade. And birdbath because birbs.

[​IMG]
    Her new room, I'll only put a chair in front of the computer desk when she needs it. I put lots of rugs down to both make it colorful, and make it comfy to play on. I thought about doing it up in pink and giving her the Cordelia bed, but the little quilted beds have more personality and made it easier to have fun with colors.

[​IMG]
    patio, with drawing table, violin, and void critters. I forgot a chess table for whiz kid until now! I'll buy one for the empty space in the back. She can complete her rambunctious scamp aspiration at the park.

[​IMG]
    last but not least, the science table. don't worry, I have a sprinkler right next to it. these things are dangerous af

20. bornofthesea670

[​IMG]
    i actually ended up giving her the very similar hair we got last holiday update, with the bangs, but of course forgot to retake the pic. she has glasses like her daddy and her ears pierced.

[​IMG]
    i took pity on her and didn't give her a big itchy dress for her formal wear.

[​IMG]
    everyday wear. I decided because she is one of them fancy kids she's getting a scholarship to a prestigious boarding school in Willow Creek. Once her grade's at an A she'll be moving in with the Feng's kid, the Landgrabb's new kid, Olivia, Elsa, Max, and Alexander. So...spoiled rich kids and Mira. Ok, maybe Olivia, Elsa, and Alex won't be as bad.

[​IMG]
    party wear in the sims is casual. I consider it like...barbeque wear. Adults are dressed smartly, but jeans aren't frowned upon. And kids are generally going to be running around on the lawn with each other, so they don't wear anything super fragile or stainable.. unless they are more wealthy and go to boring functions for school or with their parents friends lol

[​IMG]
    i don't generally take a swim wear pic, but here ya go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice