Pool Ladders and Pathing Errors: The Sims Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

X-posted from the Games You're Playing thread because my sis is a terrible, terrible influence.

• Winner x 1
  2. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Ay sup nerds i still live. somehow

here's my babies

haven't done the violet fam in ages because i have a few side characters i need and i accidentally erased Headmistress Kaitlynn and I'm screaming. I put so much work into her. Agh.

anyway heres my Vault Dweller vamp, not sure if i'm keeping her. she just adopted a toddler and they both wear mostly blue. i don't really know what i'm doing here. just fuckin around and gradually expanding the underground complex.

[​IMG]

here's my caveman girls, once the eldest has become a young adult and has a baby of her own I'm bumping up the time period a bit. I use the pools a lot to keep them from dying of heat stroke in the middle of Oasis Spring's summers. eldest girl's dad is Johnny Zest and new baby's dad is Don Lothario. Mama Meok has serial romantic for her LTW so I'm just having her work her way through the mens. if you guys want more pics let me know, i have some of their camp.

[​IMG]

and my remade Goth family. I didn't change Mort, and you can't tell any differences with Alexander because he's a kiddo, but I made Bella look more like an older but beautiful spanish-catholic Mama. She's got a darker complexion, Cass is a little lighter, and Alex is lightest of the kids but still darker than his sims 4 version.Cassandra is being raised to be a proper lady and future mother. She doesn't mind too much since her LTW is finding a Soulmate. no, she will NOT marry Don, he's an ass. At least as a husband. And am I the only one who hates that noncommittal traits make it hard to have a sim keep a job? I miss sexy lady's man Dr. Lothario.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have good pics of the kids and its a new fan instead of changing the original family, so they have a lovely apartment that is...sparsely furnished. I'll take pictures once they can afford proper decor. Bella is still a Secret Agent and Mort is a writer.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I was just thinking of remaking the Goth family a bit! Haven’t quite got around to it yet but Bella desperately needs a better hairstyle at the very least.

I would like to see camp pics!

I just got my Sims 3 successfully reinstalled all the way from scratch the other week and I’ve been having a great time. (It worked mostly before except there were major glitches making very important portions of World Adventures and Island Paradise unusable. Totally killed my groove.)

As much as I’m enjoying Sims 4, and I absolutely am, I missed running around the entire neighborhood(s) and having a million traits to choose from and only one LTW per sim to guide my gameplay. Also my precious, precious famblies. And it’s getting to that time of year where I wanna play Midnight Hollow.

So far I’m slowly accumulating all my favorite sims into the library so I can do my favorite thing and move them all into a large, fresh neighborhood. I love watching them all interact and teach each other martial arts. Like you do.

4. Verily

Sims 3 still bugs out a bit sometimes because it's the Sims 3.

First of all, one of my sims just got engaged. Fiance said yes! Yay!

Screenshot-2514.jpg
    Was that mesh shirt my fault or the game's? I have no idea.

Then he asked his fiance to move in with him (I almost always do this before a wedding because managing the logistics of a wedding and merging households at the same time is *such* a hassle, and this relationship was more challenging than usual because fiance lives in France) and he said yes again! Yay!

Except the households screen never appeared. The game just... continued on. As if nothing had happened.

Okay, we'll just... ask him again. And hope this time it works.

Then my sim flubbed a high five and his fiance was so unimpressed that when asked to move in, he was like, nah man.

Listen, Eugène, whose accented name makes you unnecessarily difficult to find on the map with awesomemod and a keyboard manufactured in the U.S., you're the one with the clumsy trait.

Maybe it was embarrassment.

In any case, the *third* time my sim asked his fiance to move in with him, it was a roaring success.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. bornofthesea670

More of the Cave Babes

[​IMG]
    Meow's camp before I added the fire, camp bed, yoga mat and meditation stools never uses...look, she's making a living by fishing and she's a full time mom. When her daughter becomes the main matriarch, then Meok can enjoy her golden years. I ended up having to sell the rocks later because aging up her daughter in CAS was glitchy, so they bought enough kitchen appliances to make a single cake before I slammed everything back into family inventory. Sadly you can't just click on the sim when it's their b-day and i'm always worried they WONT naturally age up. Maybe if i do the history challenge again i'll try it out.

[​IMG]
    Meok when she was pregnant with her eldest. As you can see, cave people don't have a lot of stuff. I'm waiting to buy the wood crafting table until next gen. They only made cash by selling collectables and any fish or foraged produce they didn't eat. Next gen is when they can farm as well.

[​IMG]
    the camp from a distance. The bee hive was a nice source of emergency food, but too much upkeep when she had a toddler so I sold it. They still have the wading pool, horse shoe game, floor murals for some amusement and art, and a very small pool to simulate using the nearby stream to wash and keep cool in. thank god swimming increases hygiene in the base game. and all role-players rejoiced.

[​IMG]
    Cassandra, taken out of her terrible base game clothing. I went with a gothic but somewhat modest and ladylike look for Bella and Cass. Alex is still in his vest cause it's timeless and he's a sheltered rich kid, cmon. I love him tho

[​IMG]
    kids doing projects. they all help each other out when needed for job requirements and LTWs. And the whole family is always being very cute with each other. how do you not like the goths, they are cinnamon rolls.

[​IMG]
    he followed them to Alex's room instead of eating at the dinner table. Probably making sure no one's cheating.

• Winner x 2
  6. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I made a house! it's very shitty atm but as an architect i'm an excellent mathematician and as a mathematician i don't know what algebra is

this sim is living here atm
    07-12-18_11-40-44 PM-2.png
    and this is the house
    09-23-18_4-20-53 PM.png
    09-23-18_4-21-10 PM.jpg 09-23-18_4-21-37 PM.jpg

• Winner x 6
  7. bornofthesea670

o fuck im jealous of your mods! a lovely sim. I can't mod very easily because I have a Mac, and I'm even too intimidated to mod my minecraft. i use packs made by friends instead

• Like x 1
  8. bornofthesea670

alright kids, I have no self control or sense of continuity so I'm making my sultan and his 23 wives and 40 something children from the app Game Of Sultans

sorry not sorry <3

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. witchknights

I have like my Inquisitor's billion siblings and parents and grandparents and all that. And basically all my pcs. I feel u

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. bornofthesea670

ay sup

i got a save called Waifu Laifu, the sim's name is Qingxi, named after my own waifu from an app game because i have no friends and imprint upon my apps

she was discovered in a crashed UFO and appears tone fully human, but was created by an alien who failed anatomy and learned everything about humans via the worst side of Crunchyroll. She actually looks ok most of the time if you ignore her shelf-boobs, but next to normal sims she looks...a little like someone made Elsa human-sized and put her next to a human. she wears thick, reinforced boots with most outfits to protect her weak ankles, was given a medical back-brace, and was put on a gentle workout regimen. The government put her up in a little house and scientists have jumped at the chance to let her work at their facility in return for letting them study her and document her physical progress. She likes being a scientist. She gets a neat lab coat. She ignores most of her coworker/researchers. Side goal is making this a bit of a Breed Out The Anime challenge.

well she was too young for me anyway

[​IMG]
    welcoming committee of Mila, painter lady from next door, Gunther, and Moira

[​IMG]
    he got up to let her sit, what a sweetie (i have a soft spot for snobby writer lad)

[​IMG]
    first day off after her first promotion, she took him out for brunch. that fellow showering in the rain is a waiter. we were served by his coworker, because I'm not sure he works there anymore.

[​IMG]
    she has delightful hair.

[​IMG]
    chatting. you have to be careful with Gunther, he was a dick to my sim-self because I guess the relationship was moving too fast.

[​IMG]
    she had to pee and i had to clip through a wall to find the right bathroom. why can't we have potty-stalls and just make unisex bathrooms. Maxis pls

[​IMG]
    the couple that pees together stays together?

[​IMG]
    it ended amicably, we may keep him. still not any romantic stuff, i'm going to see if he makes the first move.

and the ladies who will be wooing Prince Emory. Since Kaitlynn was erased I decided to go ahead with a housekeeper to keep them fed and safe, and let the girls do independent study. Her name is Cornelia. their school is a reorganized building from Selvadora. I will introduce the gals by name next time i get them in CAS

[​IMG]
    I added a piano, violin, painting easels, and a few yoga mats to keep them in shape. There's a massage table up top. i didn't know that wellness skill translates to massage skill. nice.

[​IMG]
    darling...sweetheart...you take your gloves off before washing your hands.

[​IMG]
    bedroom. there are mirrors in the bathrooms, but for charisma skilling I put one behind the meditation stool. so no one gets embarrassed on accident

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. Verily

Bathing in the rain? Oh gosh, maybe I really need Seasons.

• Agree x 1
  12. bornofthesea670

my fairy-flighty-idiot side wants more sim stories but my practical side knows it'll lag my game and i need to focus on the sims i already have

someone send me a few self-control pills

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  13. Verily

If that isn’t the biggest mood of them all. “If I do, it will make my game slow. If I don’t, I’m not sure what the point even is of having a game.” That’s the justification behind all my dozens and dozens of end tables and every 5 billion poly hairstyle. Nobody needs this many end tables or hair styles. Except me. I probably need more.

Also I desperately need to update my python script that traverses subfolders and moves all files that aren’t text documents (readmes) up the top directory. That really makes dealing with unzipped downloads so much easier. Which tells you something about how much stuff I’m downloading on the regular.

• Agree x 1
  14. witchknights

I want to post all my dragon age elf sims i'm saving for when i can be assed to twist ts4's arm into having an elf clan camp neighbourhood, but this is being thwarted by ts4's kids being real fucking ugly. weep with me for my inquisitor's youngest brother.

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. witchknights

Ok here they are. I should probably post this in the DA thread but I really wanted to make my Inquisitor's family and my Warden in a place with more flexible CC just so i could look at them all pretty and think about fanfic. also i have like a bunch of other elves and stuff from my worldstates but none of them Look Right

Hauena Virdhis Lavellan and Soran. Hauena is a very good hunter/rogue and is v good with traps. Her dad is a carpenter and a sculptor, but he's had to slow down a lot in the last few years because of his fuckt hand and elbows. They're Elders in game but just because they started having children at the ripe old age of seventeen and only stopped in their forties.
    50.png
    10-03-18_11-04-27 PM-2.png

Idrilla Belavhan Haueni Lavellan. Likes evading social events attended by the Orlesians and gardening. Has died once! Ba's favorite.
    09-30-18_12-46-08 AM.png

Nellas Haueni Lavellan. Was born two hours before Idrilla and has engaged in fisticuffs with basically everyone she has met since. Mama thinks she can do no wrong. Has 99 problems and they are all a massive inferiority complex and also hero worship.
    09-30-18_12-47-02 AM.png

Faron. He's a botanist-gatherer-dude-that-you-go-to-to-know-if-this-berry-will-kill-on-contact, and also would have a cooking channel on ThedasTube called CAN YOU PICKLE IT?
    10-03-18_9-50-38 PM.png

There's supposed to be another brother between Faron and Iselin, Haeran, but because of family size limits he was Sent Off To Be Married Into Another Clan

Iselin. She has very little idea what she's doing most of the time. She's TWENTY TWO and still not considered A Full Adult because she can't keep still long enough for the Keeper to finish her Vallaslin.
    10-03-18_10-34-59 PM.png

Ghilanna. She's fifteen and has a huge crush on Mister Fenris from the famous written book The Tale Of The Champion. Do not let the green around her eyes fool you; no one has deemed her mature enough to get her tattoos.
    10-03-18_11-05-00 PM.png

Fellenaste. He's the only other mage in the family and he's VERY GENTLE VERY PRECIOUS VERY SHY
    10-03-18_11-05-16 PM-2.png

10-03-18_11-52-04 PM.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Winner x 4
  16. Verily

I’m pretty sure about half my sims would enthusiastically watch CAN YOU PICKLE IT and learn absolutely nothing. But they’d have a good time.

• Like x 1
  17. witchknights

Sometimes the genetics in the game spits out a decent looking handsome squidward lipped motherfucker and you just need to accept this blessing

• Agree x 1
  18. Verily

Once I got a little girl in my neighborhood who looked exactly like Zolf J. Kimbley from FMA. I shit you not, that girl was up to something.

• Winner x 2
  19. witchknights

Wheres the Afraid rating

• Like x 1
  20. Verily

I’m pretty sure she was the (formerly) imaginary friend of one of my kid sims, brought to life. What on earth must that child have been imagining?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice